Could Beasley Look Any More Pathetic?

Radiohead

I do realize this will be the "n"th post regarding Beasley by the time I post this, but this guy is seriously pitiful and I really do pity him because he looks like a lost child out on the NFL field.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, this kid, which is exactly what he is, does not belong in this league. He looks and plays like a scared teenager who is totally overwhelmed, gets visibly frustrated, worn out and ends up looking broken by the end of it.

He has no motor whatsoever and is visibly drained after every single play in which he's accomplished nothing other than running straight into a tackle and getting man-handled.

Watching his "spin" move makes me physically nauseous and I cannot believe the coaches can stomach watching it either.

I don't want to go to the point of saying he may have some mental deficiencies, but anyone who continues to do the same thing over and over and over without making any sort of adjustment to technique or execution after consistently failing at something has to be a bit slow mentally. His pathetic execution of his patented "spin" move is just a 360 degree spin so that he ends up in the exact same spot where he first started, no directional or positional change whatsoever to gain leverage or an angle on escaping the OT.

He literally just spins 360 degrees on a dime.

The opposing tackles must be cracking the **** up inside when they see him doing this, but more importantly they realize that this kid is a zero-threat OLB/DE, whatever the **** position you want to call him.

He cannot cover. He cannot run with anyone. He's one of the worst End's I've seen the Falcons have at setting the edge. Teams will look at the tape from this pre-season (and frankly last year) and just realize they won't ever have to double team him and instead set 2 guys onto Freeney and then just continue to have their way with the porous zone defense over the middle, like always.

Perhaps the shoulder is still an issue.

I will concede that point, but one could still argue then why the **** didn't he have surgery in the offseason if it's such an issue for him. It's easily fixed and not a long term recovery, but instead he wants it to, "heal naturally".

There's a lot of flack for Ryan going around on TATF, and certainly some of it is deserved, but Beasley and the pathetic performance of the run-game (due to the Offensive line doing nothing) are the most troubling things to come out of last night, in my view.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a huge fan of Beasley when we drafted him. Bought his jersey, signed football, etc. Told everyone he was our answer to the pass rush problem..............I can't argue with a single thing you said though. Sadly, you are correct on every point. I know it is his second year, I know he was hurt last year, but I just don't see it.

Just now, jtwade said:

I was a huge fan of Beasley when we drafted him. Bought his jersey, signed football, etc. Told everyone he was our answer to the pass rush problem..............I can't argue with a single thing you said though. Sadly, you are correct on every point. I know it is his second year, I know he was hurt last year, but I just don't see it.

I got flamed so much last season for critiquing Beasley on this board with the typical, "oh look at this poster thinking this rookie DE should get 10 sacks in his first year."

Not at all, I never expected that.

All I ever wanted to see from him is a non-stop motor and insatiable will power to "want it," he does not have a trace amount of either.

I appreciate your response.

1 minute ago, Radiohead said:

I got flamed so much last season for critiquing Beasley on this board with the typical, "oh look at this poster thinking this rookie DE should get 10 sacks in his first year."

Not at all, I never expected that.

All I ever wanted to see from him is a non-stop motor and insatiable will power to "want it," he does not have a trace amount of either.

I appreciate your response.

I kept saying exactly what you said all night. Stop with the spin move. James was just anticipating it the entire time. He had no chance. And we all no he isn't counted on in run support. Hopefully he can get it going throughout the year, maybe freeney can work with him. But until them, consider me Missouri on the matter

1 minute ago, jtwade said:

I kept saying exactly what you said all night. Stop with the spin move. James was just anticipating it the entire time. He had no chance. And we all no he isn't counted on in run support. Hopefully he can get it going throughout the year, maybe freeney can work with him. But until them, consider me Missouri on the matter

I'm with you man, I can't help but want Beasley to succeed, I just seriously pity him because he is so outmatched, mentally and physically when he's on that field.

21 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

I do realize this will be the "n"th post regarding Beasley by the time I post this, but this guy is seriously pitiful and I really do pity him because he looks like a lost child out on the NFL field.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, this kid, which is exactly what he is, does not belong in this league. He looks and plays like a scared teenager who is totally overwhelmed, gets visibly frustrated, worn out and ends up looking broken by the end of it.

He has no motor whatsoever and is visibly drained after every single play in which he's accomplished nothing other than running straight into a tackle and getting man-handled.

Watching his "spin" move makes me physically nauseous and I cannot believe the coaches can stomach watching it either.

I don't want to go to the point of saying he may have some mental deficiencies, but anyone who continues to do the same thing over and over and over without making any sort of adjustment to technique or execution after consistently failing at something has to be a bit slow mentally. His pathetic execution of his patented "spin" move is just a 360 degree spin so that he ends up in the exact same spot where he first started, no directional or positional change whatsoever to gain leverage or an angle on escaping the OT.

He literally just spins 360 degrees on a dime.

The opposing tackles must be cracking the **** up inside when they see him doing this, but more importantly they realize that this kid is a zero-threat OLB/DE, whatever the **** position you want to call him.

He cannot cover. He cannot run with anyone. He's one of the worst End's I've seen the Falcons have at setting the edge. Teams will look at the tape from this pre-season (and frankly last year) and just realize they won't ever have to double team him and instead set 2 guys onto Freeney and then just continue to have their way with the porous zone defense over the middle, like always.

Perhaps the shoulder is still an issue.

I will concede that point, but one could still argue then why the **** didn't he have surgery in the offseason if it's such an issue for him. It's easily fixed and not a long term recovery, but instead he wants it to, "heal naturally".

There's a lot of flack for Ryan going around on TATF, and certainly some of it is deserved, but Beasley and the pathetic performance of the run-game (due to the Offensive line doing nothing) are the most troubling things to come out of last night, in my view.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Freeney get's his guy moving in one direction, then spins off of him, using him as leverage, to launch in the opposite direction. A thing of beauty. Last night, Beasly was just twirling into the clutches of the lineman. Then, after every play, he seemed to be in pain, tired and very slow to get up. I don't know man.....

The injury thing is an excuse . His technique sucks a player with his athleticism should be able to get sacks with his motor alone . He has no moves whatsoever his hands do nothing. His speed rush is solid but it dosen't matter when tackles know it's the only thing they have to worry about. 

I'm glad the op isn't getting flamed because he's spot on.  Vic has no confidence,  and up to this point,  hasn't figured anything out. Same thing over and over.  He's incredibly athletic which helps to rack up the almost sacks, but that spin move is terrible