Falcons have to draft Deshuan Watson...

Spts1

The organization is almost back to the point it was when the Falcons traded up to get Michael Vick.  After the Falcons go 4-12,  6-10 this year, which is highly likely, the fanbase isn't gonna buy this kool aid anymore.  Watson, the local kid, is everything they need. Strong arm, good pocket presence, and can move out of the pocket.  We need a quarterback who can get the ball deep to Julio in stride.

If the Falcons are picking top 5 in next draft, they gotta move some picks to get into position to get Watson. I'm tired of teams like the Cowboys, thinking ahead and not caring about how Romo feels.  Dak Prescott looks like the real deal and most likely, gonna start most of the Cowboy games this year.   The Matt Ryan run is finished, draft a quarterback Falcons...

Image result for deshaun watson gif

Edited by slickgadawg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if Ryan has another year like last year (which based on the preseason so far, I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect that), it's really tough not to consider going QB with the top 10 pick we'll undoubtedly have.

You can't blame Shanahan for Ryan throwing the ball directly at defenders. Another thing that concerned me was how weak his two long passes looked. One of them got Julio hurt because he and the defender were both trying to come back to it (led to a PI call, but that's not worth your #1 WR going down). On the other one, Robinson had to come to a stop almost and wait for the pass to get there. If that ball hit him in stride, he probably scores.

I've never been one to criticize Ryan's arm strength, but he's starting to look like Manning did last year. I hold my breath for every sideline route as the defenders keep getting closer and closer to jumping underneath them. 

15 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

The organization is almost back to the point it was when the Falcons traded up to get Michael Vick.  After the Falcons go 4-12,  6-10 this year, which is highly likely, the fanbase isn't gonna buy this kool aid anymore.  Watson, the local kid, is everything they need. Strong arm, good pocket presence, and can move out of the pocket.  We need a quarterback who can get the ball deep to Julio in stride.

If the Falcons are picking top 5 in next draft, they gotta move some picks to get into position to get Watson. I'm tired of teams like the Cowboys, thinking ahead and not caring about how Romo feels.  Dak Prescott looks like the real deal and most likely, gonna start most of the Cowboy games this year.   The Matt Ryan run is finished, draft a quarterback Falcons...

I would love to get Watson but I'd be just as happy going the Dak or Russel route

3 minutes ago, GTFalcon25 said:

I think if Ryan has another year like last year (which based on the preseason so far, I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect that), it's really tough not to consider going QB with the top 10 pick we'll undoubtedly have.

You can't blame Shanahan for Ryan throwing the ball directly at defenders. Another thing that concerned me was how weak his two long passes looked. One of them got Julio hurt because he and the defender were both trying to come back to it (led to a PI call, but that's not worth your #1 WR going down). On the other one, Robinson had to come to a stop almost and wait for the pass to get there. If that ball hit him in stride, he probably scores.

I've never been one to criticize Ryan's arm strength, but he's starting to look like Manning did last year. I hold my breath for every sideline route as the defenders keep getting closer and closer to jumping underneath them. 

Exactly. I've said over and over that Julio, being a big dude, is getting INJURED having to come back to them lame duck passes of Ryan. I've never seen a quarterback at the NFL level who has to wind up and put EVERYTHING into their deep pass, and STILL throw a duck, like Ryan. His run is over.  Its embarrassing having a Ferrari 488 GTB at wide receiver, paired with a Kia Forte at quarterback

4 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

not happening, get over it.

Actually, if we still aren't able to get the QB with a pass rush and if Ryan can't do better running this offense AND with the toughest schedule in the league this year, it's highly probable we're going to be a position to get him.

Just now, Statick said:

Actually, if we still aren't able to get the QB with a pass rush and if Ryan can't do better running this offense AND with the toughest schedule in the league this year, it's highly probable we're going to be a position to get him.

and if and if and if, and if cows could fly we would all be in deep sh**

1 minute ago, birdz4i said:

and if and if and if, and if cows could fly we would all be in deep sh**

Let them have their day one preseason lost, and the world implodes can't wait till our first game we lose. God Forbid it's the **** first game LMAO

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

We aren't getting Watson.  Best to stop tripping.

It's 1 preseason game.  I have my concerns about Ryan at this point too, but we aren't going 0-16, and make no mistake, going 0-16 is what it will take to get Watson.

JDave, it was the most telling 1 preseason game, y'know, the one that supposed to be a snapshot of the team?

It's not going to have to take 0-16 to get into the Top 5 of the Draft. 2-14 or 3-13 will work just as well.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

We aren't getting Watson.  Best to stop tripping.

It's 1 preseason game.  I have my concerns about Ryan at this point too, but we aren't going 0-16, and make no mistake, going 0-16 is what it will take to get Watson.

Exactly especially given the fact Browns, Texans, Dolphins, Chargers, Bills, and Jets would try to race us there cause everyone wants him. 

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Thats my point.  Some Falcon fans aren't looking at reality. There is a reason that most national pundits picked the Falcons to finish near the bottom of the league this year. Its not a good football team. Quinn is not a head coach. There i said it. Ryan is toast and we all know Shanahan is really garbage.  The defense sucks.  Heck, the Falcons most likely gonna finish in the top five of the draft regardless...

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

Thats my point.  Some Falcon fans aren't looking at reality. There is a reason that most national pundits picked the Falcons to finish near the bottom of the league this year. Its not a good football team. Quinn is not a head coach. There i said it. Ryan is toast and we all know Shanahan is really garbage.  The defense sucks.  Heck, the Falcons most likely gonna finish in the top five of the draft regardless...

Didn't they also do that last year as well what happened? 

1 minute ago, Statick said:

JDave, it was the most telling 1 preseason game, y'know, the one that supposed to be a snapshot of the team?

It's not going to have to take 0-16 to get into the Top 5 of the Draft. 2-14 or 3-13 will work just as well.

We aren't going 3-13.  If for no other reason than they'll pull Ryan and play Schaub if it's as bad as y'all say.  Schaub isn't great, but he isn't 3-13 awful either.  And they might groom Simms to play late in the season.

But I'm not hitting the panic button in any event.  I'm concerned, but it's 1 game.  Concern is valid, but panic is just silly.

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

and what part of reality is that? where we find something to complain about every post?

Why even be concerned it's the **** preseason for ****'s sake! I'd be more concerned going 4-0 cause then we just might end up 0-16. Always remember the Lions, and you remember how irrelevant the preseason truly is.