Whatever The Case

Knight of God

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

No matter, I'm still excited and ready to see what we do. Its not perfect, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We have young talent and a pass rush we have not yet truly seen. The offense is still coming together and we have a good line. I say what I say, but I still want to win.

The old adage is you practice how you play, but you still have to put in perspective this is practice and guys are pressing their comfort zones. Hopefully we end up looking better week 1 against Tampa than we have tonight...then build on that.

We'll probably play better than this but its doubtful we have a better record than last year with some of the teams on our schedule this year.

And Quinn needs to really improve on that division record which is not a given.

You can NEVER assume that the Falcons are a better team than anyone.  They've proven it time and time again.

2 minutes ago, likeriver said:

To be fair, we got absolutely torched last year by the Dolphins in preseason. Maybe the Dolphins are just really good at beating us for some reason.

Suh likes falcon meat. That's all their is to it. They have a lot of talent starting in their front seven and if they are focused, will be hard to score on. 

5 minutes ago, atlGM said:

55% of me wants us to win

45% of me wants us to fall on our face so we can stop letting the Same GM pick our players expecting different results 

That doesn't make sense or mesh with the results from this offseason. 

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Suh likes falcon meat. That's all their is to it. They have a lot of talent starting in their front seven and if they are focused, will be hard to score on. 

didn't suh go out pretty early though? I will say that I saw Wes in there at guard earlier than i thought would happen, let the young buck take his lumps early I guess. I do know what I saw though, and I saw an offense that was not in sync, did not look smooth at all against a decent to good starting defense (a better one than last week). it just wasn't good to watch at all. 

my gut feeling all offseason, has been that what we saw tonight is pretty much what we're going to see all season. We'll see some plays that will make us say 'oh yeah' and some that will make us say oh crap!.....We'll win some, and we'll lose some, and at the end of the season, we'll all be saying 'there's always next year' just like the previous 50 years or so..........

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

No man, just no.  I know you don't really mean this...

Nah I actually do. For me it is insanity to believe that one day TD will find a pass rush that one day Ryan will show up big when it counts .

looking for a silver lining in our inevitable mediocrity is pointless to me. 

But I'm still a fan so the other 55% keeps me tuning in. 

I'm a part of the team just don't like the players

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

No matter, I'm still excited and ready to see what we do. Its not perfect, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We have young talent and a pass rush we have not yet truly seen. The offense is still coming together and we have a good line. I say what I say, but I still want to win.

I have  no idea how you can come to that conclusion based off tonight's performance but I hope you're right. Right now I see the same old Falcons.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Freeney wasn't out there for one...the offense didn't suck until Julio was dinged up.

I agree with this 100%, but the fact that the offense took the noticeable dip it did is worrisome to me. Everything looked so much more congested when Julio went down. 

Just now, Knight of God said:

Freeney wasn't out there for one...the offense didn't suck until Julio was dinged up.

Freeney is one man and while he's had a HOF career he's not the same player he once was. Beasley needs to step it up. He did nothing tonight. **** it was hard to tell if he was even on the field unless I specifically looked for #44. The only defensive players I saw do anything were Tru, Reed, Neal, Poole and #40.

The offense sucked on the opening drive before Julio got hurt. Until I see otherwise I see the same average football team. We'll win some, we'll lose home and come January we'll be sitting at home watching the real teams play big boy football because this team continues to be soft in the trenches.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Freeney is one man and while he's had a HOF career he's not the same player he once was. Beasley needs to step it up. He did nothing tonight. **** it was hard to tell if he was even on the field unless I specifically looked for #44. The only defensive players I saw do anything were Tru, Reed, Neal, Poole and #40.

The offense sucked on the opening drive before Julio got hurt. Until I see otherwise I see the same average football team. We'll win some, we'll lose home and come January we'll be sitting at home watching the real teams play big boy football because this team continues to be soft in the trenches.

This is what I'm mentally preparing myself for...

18 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That doesn't make sense or mesh with the results from this offseason. 

The thing is that I've known that we've been drafting overated players since 20-pick a year.

We have a good coach but guess what there is a reason why GM's are responsible for picking players. We don't have a good GM.

i don't wait until I see the results to make my stance. 

Do do I want us to win yes but I know that ceiling this year is a wild card birth and a first round exit . Because the QB is regressing and we still are a bend but don't break defense with a weak pass rush

21 minutes ago, atlGM said:

The thing is that I've known that we've been drafting overated players since 20-pick a year.

We have a good coach but guess what there is a reason why GM's are responsible for picking players. We don't have a good GM.

i don't wait until I see the results to make my stance. 

Do do I want us to win yes but I know that ceiling this year is a wild card birth and a first round exit . Because the QB is regressing and we still are a bend but don't break defense with a weak pass rush

If we make a WC berth, I'm not selling us short on a first round exit; but that's a big "if" and a looooong way away...