Matt Schaub

WiscoFalcon

1 minute ago, WiscoFalcon said:

Yes I'm overreacting, but I'm so frustrated at this point.

Legit honest question.

If Matt Ryan continues to play like this, would you be upset to see Schaub start a game to shake this dumpster fire of an offense up a little? 

Schaub looks better than Ryan, hate to tell you.

Looks way better

Just now, Wjcorner said:

Like I said earlier in the preseason...depends how committed to Quinn Blank is and how committed to Ryan, Quinn is. For all intents and purposes, they definitely haven't had a true QB competition between the 2 up to this point, so I'm thinking not this year.

Say what you want about the past.

In THIS offense, Matt Ryan looks scared. 

Yes I want Shanahan fired, but MR needs to own some of the responsibility for all of these stare down INT's.

Literally just so frustrated. Couldn't help but ask.

I got you man, but to give you an honest answer if Ryan does struggle into the season....

There's no coming back from it usually.  You bench a starting QB with Ryan's tenure and they almost never end up starting for you again...bridge is burned.

Yeah. you are overreacting a little. But I feel you on Ryan, many are fed up with him. Let's see what he looks a few games into the season before we start talking Schaub. Schaub is a good backup, but every time I see him now I think about those pick sixes for touchdowns record that he got.

Say what you want about the past.

In THIS offense, Matt Ryan looks scared. 

Yes I want Shanahan fired, but MR needs to own some of the responsibility for all of these stare down INT's.

Yeah I mean, I've wanted competition at the QB position since 2013...but we haven't brought anybody in who's actual comp. Schaub might be the better option, but when you have a QB playing garbage, the QB who may play less garbage like ain't the change you want to hang your hat on.

4 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Matt Ryan- in to work out kinks. Goes through the "trouble" plays. 

Shaub-In to evaluate bubble players. Runs a vanilla offense with easy passes against the 2nd team. 

Its really as simple as that...

Man I really do hope you are correct.  Unfortunately I am not sure that is the case.  Same issues tonight are same as last year.  Finally get the ball moving, in the red zone….Interception at goal line.  Dejavu.

2 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

Man I really do hope you are correct.  Unfortunately I am not sure that is the case.  Same issues tonight are same as last year.  Finally get the ball moving, in the red zone….Interception at goal line.  Dejavu.

I mean...you can say that they still havent gotten the kinks worked out lol. 

But preseason games are just practices against other teams. How many times have QBs said that they force balls to see what windows they can fit the ball in?

1 minute ago, WORilla said:

I mean...you can say that they still havent gotten the kinks worked out lol. 

But preseason games are just practices against other teams. How many times have QBs said that they force balls to see what windows they can fit the ball in?

I understand your point and don't necessarily disagree at all.  I guess my largest disappointment is that the first two preseason games we won and looked decent.  With lack of game planning this means that our team is physically and mentally strong and tough and better football players.  Then we come to game 3 of preseason where starters play an entire half, at least a somewhat half azz effort of game planning is put into effect and somehow we look worse!?

Makes you wonder, is it the physical talent, or is it something else?  The only difference between the first two games and tonight boils down to 2 main differences:

1) Matt Ryan played a lot more than the first two games

2) We tried to game plan.

Either way(or both), it is not a good sign when doing 2 things that should make us better end up making us worse.