Just Take A Deep Breath

Nino11

I get it....the Falcons have been disappointing for a while. You are scared to get your hopes up to get your little feelings crushed again. But some of you are sounding like heart broken teenagers. You will find love again! 

To to all the other fans that aren't super reactive (we suck/we are winning the super bowl) to every single play, it's not worth the argument with the fans that are. A lot of them need total domination on every single play or we suck. They"re just hurting, let em be. 

For the guys that actually talk football, what are you seeing from the game for those of us who can't view it? Ryan still looking shaky? Or bad play calling? Defense looking anemic? Pass rushers gettin held or stonewalled?

Edited by Nino11

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imma be real. Im as optimistic as they come but I want to forget this game altogether.

I've seen positives from individuals. 

Grady, Hageman, Clayborn, Julio

Beasley looks absolutely terrible. Redzone interception. Offense is extremely inconsistent. Really bad game here man.

I'm just ready for the regular season now.

8 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I get it....the Falcons have been disappointing for a while. You are scared to get your hopes up to get your little feelings crushed again. But some of you are sounding like heart broken teenagers. You will find love again! 

To to all the other fans that aren't super reactive (we suck/we are winning the super bowl) to every single play, it's not worth the argument with the fans that are. A lot of them need total domination on every single play or we suck. They"re just hurting, let em be. 

For or guys that actual talk football, what are you seeing from the game for those of us who can't view it? Ryan still looking shaky? Or bad play calling? Defense looking anemic? Pass rushers gettin held or stonewalled?

Yeah! I believe you just described suckage.

So, I guess it would be a overreaction to say that I've seen enough from last season and the "same ole garbage" this preseason so far to confidently say that DAN QUINN IS NOT HEAD COACHING MATERIAL.

Oh wait, that's not an overreaction. THAT'S THE EFFING TRUTH!

Most all of us bought the hype and jumped right on that Dan Quinn bandwagon.

It's been pretty ugly all the way around. I've seen glimpses here and there that I liked but for every positive I have a negative. 

Reed has continued looking good.

Hardy made a **** of a catch...it didn't count but it was still a **** of a catch.

Sanu wasn't featured much but when he was he had a couple of nice plays. He started talking **** too. That dude is a gamer.

Grady Jarrett is going to be a player for us for a long time.

Beasley has me kind of concerned. It seems like he's got that Julio disease where he always wants to get up slow and scare the **** out of me. 

The O-line failed us a few times tonight. Pressure was getting to Ryan fairly regularly.

Ryan still doesn't look comfortable. It's just not the same guy I'm use to seeing. Hopefully they get that figured out.

It was an ugly game all the way around. There were moments where I saw flashes but that's about the only positive I can take away. It's been pretty ugly.

4 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

So, I guess it would be a overreaction to say that I've seen enough from last season and the "same ole garbage" this preseason so far to confidently say that DAN QUINN IS NOT HEAD COACHING MATERIAL.

Oh wait, that's not an overreaction. THAT'S THE EFFING TRUTH!

Most all of us bought the hype and jumped right on that Dan Quinn bandwagon.

Nah you were right before it's an overreaction. Just trying to help you out with your thought process. You're welcome.

8 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It's been pretty ugly all the way around. I've seen glimpses here and there that I liked but for every positive I have a negative. 

Hardy made a **** of a catch...it didn't count but it was still a **** of a catch.

Sanu wasn't featured much but when he was he had a couple of nice plays. He started talking **** too. That dude is a gamer.

Beasley has me kind of concerned. It seems like he's got that Julio disease where he always wants to get up slow and scare the **** out of me. 

The O-line failed us a few times tonight. Pressure was getting to Ryan fairly regularly.

Ryan still doesn't look comfortable. It's just not the same guy I'm use to seeing. Hopefully they get that figured out.

It was an ugly game all the way around. There were moments where I saw flashes but that's about the only positive I can take away. It's been pretty ugly.

Looks like we are in for another roller coaster this year

1 minute ago, Nino11 said:

I gotta wait for it to go off to watch the replay on Game Pass....sounds like it was pretty bad though. Beasly not looking good has more to do with him getting banged up vs not gettin a pass rush though?

Beasley just didn't look all that good before he got banged up from what I can tell. It just wasn't a good game for him from what I was able to see.

28 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

For the guys that actually talk football, what are you seeing from the game for those of us who can't view it? Ryan still looking shaky? Or bad play calling? Defense looking anemic? Pass rushers gettin held or stonewalled?

Games like this make people that dropped their season tickets feel like they made the right decision.

6 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Nah you were right before it's an overreaction. Just trying to help you out with your thought process. You're welcome.

No, it's not an overreaction. They look exactly like they did for the last 11games of last season.

DAN QUINN is going to end up being ANOTHER great Super Bowl winning coordinator who flops as a head coach.

Just now, Mr Plow said:

I reject your premise that because I disagree with you I am not a guy that actually talks football.  Moreover, I reject your statements that my feelings are "little".  I'm a huge fan of this team but I have huge concerns.  And those "little feelings" are warranted.

Wasn't my premise....you can disagree with me and talk football. I'm referring to the poster that hyperbole every play positively or negatively 

8 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Beasley just didn't look all that good before he got banged up from what I can tell. It just wasn't a good game for him from what I was able to see.

I just watched the game and I hate to say it but I agree. Idk if he is still hurt but he looks like he is either in pain or worn out out there. No sense of urgency. He's just running into the blockers and getting shut down. Starting to get concerned now

The few things that I took from this game.

1. We are not a ground and pound team...Our offensive line is not good enough to play that way.  We are going to continue to have to be a pass first offense to open up the run.

2.  We are going to have to throw the ball down the field to our speedsters to open things up for our west coast style.  Otherwise teams like Miami with bad corners will continue to crowd the line of scrimmage and the middle of the field.

3. Robinson needs to be more involved in the offense going forward

4. Matt is going to have to become a threat outside the pocket to at least put a little more pressure on the opposing teams back 7

5. We can't play as much zone as we do on 3rd and less than 5 plays...We will be picked apart again by backs and tight ends

6. Paul Worrilow can be in on 3rd down plays

7. Hopefully we have some blitz packages that involves our secondary that we just aren't showing yet because we can't just continue to rush 4 linemen.

9 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Imma be real. Im as optimistic as they come but I want to forget this game altogether.

I've seen positives from individuals. 

Grady, Hageman, Clayborn, Julio

Beasley looks absolutely terrible. Redzone interception. Offense is extremely inconsistent. Really bad game here man.

I'm just ready for the regular season now.

Yea... what he said.  Oan Schaub looked better than Ryan ...Again smh

54 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I just watched the game and I hate to say it but I agree. Idk if he is still hurt but he looks like he is either in pain or worn out out there. No sense of urgency. He's just running into the blockers and getting shut down. Starting to get concerned now

Yeah I'm not sure whats going on. He's had a few flash plays this preseason but last night wasn't a good look. We do need to keep in mind that their RT is a **** of a player though.

Did you see the play where Tannehill scrambled to his right and Reed got after him? Reed closed that ground quicker than I thought he could.

35 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Yeah I'm not sure whats going on. He's had a few flash plays this preseason but last night wasn't a good look. We do need to keep in mind that their RT is a **** of a player though.

Did you see the play where Tannehill scrambled to his right and Reed got after him? Reed closed that ground quicker than I thought he could.

Reed has been a nice surprise. I wrote him off as a bust after last year but I think he looks good playing Leo. Maybe him and Beasly should switch permenantly. Beasly just isn't looking forceful enough to play the majority of snaps near the line of scrimmage. Idk how he would look playing in space majority of the time but he should have decent enough ball skills to cover. Jawuan James was man handling him last night, surprisingly without holding him. Literally just stonewalling him. Guys usually have to hold Beasly to stop him from getting around them but he was just getting beat up on.

The bigger concern is Ryan is still looking scary to me. He just looks so worried about messing up or something cause this isn't the Matt we are used to. It's gettin to the point where it's got me thinking of its more then a slump, possibly true regression or deterioration. No way I thought he fell off the cliff that fast last year but his play hasn't been inspiring in the opposite direction as of late.

30 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

My biggest concerns by far are Ryan and Beasley.  Neither looked good at all yesterday.

O-line is my 2nd biggest concern, primarily because it's supposed to be a strength and they looked meh.

Miamis DLine is one of the best....I think as the game progressed we would of start poppin open some runs. You gotta wear a team like that down on the run they always start pretty stout. That and the fact they were crowding the line not really threatened by the pass

11 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Every team plays ugly games.  If we play that ugly consistently throughout the regular season, then there's a problem.  As always, I will remain cautiously optimistic until the regular season starts.

After last night, I am nervous though.  On paper, we shouldn't look like we did last night.  But we did. 

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

Every team plays ugly games.  If we play that ugly consistently throughout the regular season, then there's a problem.  As always, I will remain cautiously optimistic until the regular season starts.

After last night, I am nervous though.  On paper, we shouldn't look like we did last night.  But we did. 

I think what bothers me and I believe most people is the fact that we still looked a lot like the team from the second half of last year. We shouldn't look like that and still be having a lot of the same exact problems popping up.

I'm concerned but not overly so. Ryan is making me nervous as **** though.