Trust Your Eyes

Matt Ryan is not that good. He won't move around in the pocket. He looks terrible on plays that he should be really comfortable with considering his time in the league. He's not delivering the ball with confidence. He's still the best franchise QB, but he's hit the ceiling. He's not getting any better.  Sorry...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Theyhateme : ) said:

Matt Ryan is not that good. He won't move around in the pocket. He looks terrible on plays that he should be really comfortable with considering his time in the league. He's not delivering the ball with confidence. He's still the best franchise QB, but he's hit the ceiling. He's not getting any better.  Sorry...

He looks so scared to make a mistake - either Shanny wants him gone and is calling crap plays or Matt has become scared, and that means the end for him.

ok so now what? It will be several years before his play costs him his job, so what are we as fans supposed to do about this?

I think we got 2 more years of crap then a new coaching staff and rebuild effort with probably JJ being one of the few hold overs. We look horrible and will suck for several years

The problem with this game is that our running game, what little we are trying, is pathetic.  On top of that all of the WR look like they just got their playbooks yesterday.  There hasn't been a good route run all night.

Not to mention our defense is horrible.  The way the team is playing this game is a disgrace.  I don't think our QB is an exception, but Brady in his prime would not be doing any better.

Some of you need to open your eyes at the problem.  It's not the QB, or at least it is no more the QB than every other part of this team.

4 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

This has been said about every OC that we have had under Ryan. Maybe it's time to start looking at Ryan.

This is what I am asking.  Why did we run the ball eight times (for 16 yards) and pass for 22 times with the starters in preseason game?  Why does tannahill have three days seven hours and forty two minutes on every pass play before there is any pressure?  Before I start questioning any of the players performance I want to know what the coaches think they are doing.

32 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

We look like chit.  

The entire half was nothing but a reminder of last year.  On both sides.

We need an "I agree with this" button in addition to the "Like this" button, because this is exactly what I was thinking and it sucks.

Edited by brewman

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That isn't true, most people liked Koetter. They blamed the terrible D and the porous o-line during those times

Not saying you are wrong, a lot of people did like Koetter when he first arrived and were saying that his strong vertical offense was going to make Ryan much better. But shortly after he got here many on these boards were calling for his head because he was screwing Ryan up . This is the way I remember it.

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Not saying you are wrong, a lot of people did like Koetter when he first arrived and were saying that his strong vertical offense was going to make Ryan much better. But shortly after he got here many on these boards were calling for his head. This is the way I remember it.

Maybe a few especially because the running game was bad. But Koetter actually did a pretty good job seeing as that his O-lines were falling apart and at one point Toilolo was lining up at right tackle. It is a fact that Ryan's best seasons statistically have been with Koetter as his OC. But Koetter was going to be a head coach anyways so there shouldn't be any regrets there. If the offense falters again this season, Shanahan will go before Ryan