Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atlantasportspage

Dwight Howard making a huge impact?

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

Between Howards blocks and Millsaps steals hawks will be respectful on defense bazemore and schröder aren't terrible as ones and twos there's been worse.

Agreed I just hope Coach Bud plays Baze as a two where I think he is more suited.  

Yes I think he will have a bounce back year. Millsap/Howard is better than Millsap/Horford.

Howard isn't even the guy I'm the most excited to see though. Bembry AND Prince are both exciting.

blkbigdog35 and datboilando like this

I think Adding Dwight and removing Horford is going to make a huge impact. We are going to be a different team, Instead of soft and finesse we are going to be brutal from the inside and rebound alot better. It may or may not translate into more wins but the look and feel of this team will be dramatically different. I'm looking forward to a Hawks team that punishes opponents physically.

Also we have an exciting rookie class for the first time in a long time.

I think this is going to be a fun and much more satisfying team to watch even if we don't put up 60 wins again.

g-dawg likes this

22 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Baze needs to start at the #2 and Korner needs to be the sixth man with instant offense off the bench.

Definitely, defensively having baze and Schroder in the backcourt is going to be great. Just imagine those to driving to the basket then dishing to Howard. Should make for some exciting hawks basketball.

On 8/27/2016 at 9:56 AM, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

yes, his ability to dominate the paint should suck up defenders and create space so guys like base and schröder can cut. Also he's a defender most players don't want to mess with because he can embarrass you.

Dwight hasn't dominated the paint on offense since his Orlando days. Rim protector and rebounder and that's what he should concentrate on. The guy got boxed out by Steph Curry and gave up an offensive rebound to him. Nobody is worried about Dwight until he get some dog in him

38 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Dwight hasn't dominated the paint on offense since his Orlando days. Rim protector and rebounder and that's what he should concentrate on. The guy got boxed out by Steph Curry and gave up an offensive rebound to him. Nobody is worried about Dwight until he get some dog in him

Hey hey bitter Laker fan, lol. Seriously though I really want the Orlando Howard. I think being at home may be the key.

TheTrue7 likes this

47 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Hey hey bitter Laker fan, lol. Seriously though I really want the Orlando Howard. I think being at home may be the key.

Lol will be bitter forever looking at how they wasted the last 3 years of Kobe's career. The Orlando Howard was a monster and would have never been boxed out by Steph Curry. Hope that's the Howard you guys get too. Will make the East a lot more interesting

blkbigdog35 likes this

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:18 AM, youngbloodz said:

I don't think he like taking a back seat to two guards.

6 minutes ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

I don't think he like taking a back seat to two guards.

Very well could be true. You think he will be the number 1 option in Atl? I think he should touch the ball on every possession but his lack of post moves will prevent me from thinking of him as the number 1 option

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Very well could be true. You think he will be the number 1 option in Atl? I think he should touch the ball on every possession but his lack of post moves will prevent me from thinking of him as the number 1 option

not number 1 because its a team concept but much more intergrated than houston less than orlando, very important though.I think you are right and that his assists will go up.

On 8/25/2016 at 7:10 PM, atlantasportspage said:

Do you guys think that Dwight Howard will make a huge impact for the Hawks?

Yeah, the offense should be better...in the playoffs. I think he'll put a bigger fight against Thompson in the playoffs. 

Call me optimistic but I think he'll be a 20 and 10 guy again with us. I think we will be better than last year.  Horford is a **** good player but he wasn't the best player on our team.  Millsap will flourish without Horford here.

Rebounding shouldn't be a problem anymore, and Dwight is a more capable roller to the basket. That should open up our outside shooting more and I think we'll improve in that area again as guys should be getting more open shots. It does change things on defense as Howard isn't gonna be defending guys away from the paint like Horford was, but I don't think it'll be much of an issue. At least, we'll finally have an interior presence and should make it tougher for opposing teams to score in the paint.

I think having Howard, at the very least, can make us a better team defensively and in rebounding.

4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Rebounding shouldn't be a problem anymore, and Dwight is a more capable roller to the basket. That should open up our outside shooting more and I think we'll improve in that area again as guys should be getting more open shots. It does change things on defense as Howard isn't gonna be defending guys away from the paint like Horford was, but I don't think it'll be much of an issue. At least, we'll finally have an interior presence and should make it tougher for opposing teams to score in the paint.

I think having Howard, at the very least, can make us a better team defensively and in rebounding.

My sentiments exactly.. We have a center? Someone who understands that their role is to rebound? Omg! Such a different feeling than the past.. Well.. Who was our last actual center? Dikembe? Geez..

and imagine if Tavares actually progresses.. Hello twin towers?