How will the lines do tonight?

droopy1592

Matt Ryan was mauled last year when we played Miama in the preaseason. Our O-line has a new piece or two plus they have had more time in the system. I'm curious as to how they will do tonight in run and pass protection.

Also, even though Freeney isn't playing tonight, I'm curious as to how VB and AC will do on third and long. I think our defense will look surprisingly good though. Miami has a few problems on their oline, I think the starting center is injured and Tunsil (doing a great job) has been moved to LG for now. Not that sure about the rest of their line. 

Thoughts?

Edited by droopy1592

The O line needs to keep gelling and stay healthy and  we will be top notch,Dline rotation is the best in awhile i am thinking we are better up and down the roster.who will survive? looking forward to this team coming together tonight

Edited by falconsrus

The thing I look for is a fluid motion by the O Line, pretty much like sychronized swimming..

When you replay in slow motion you will catch the quirky little movements

that become the tattletale on how well the line is functioning or not.

On the defense I will be looking at the DB's and how fluid their motions are and

especially when they have to adjust/recover to get after the play.

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Matt Ryan was mauled last year when we played Miama in the preaseason. Our O-line has a new piece or two plus they have had more time in the system. I'm curious as to how they will do tonight in run and pass protection.

Also, even though Freeney isn't playing tonight, I'm curious as to how VB and AC will do on third and long. I think our defense will look surprisingly good though. Miami has a few problems on their oline, I think the starting center is injured and Tunsil (doing a great job) has been moved to LG for now. Not that sure about the rest of their line. 

Thoughts?

I dont think its quite the same situation as the pre-season game against Miami last year. The D-line that abused us in that game is not the same d-line that will play for them tonight. We were also still experimenting with the o-line. Freeman didn't play in that game and I believe it was Coleman's first game of the pre-season. Julio sat out that game too.

Its a tossup whether Wake plays tonight.

Vernon's not there anymore.

Shelby worked Schraeder over pretty good in that game - he plays for us now.

Earl Mitchell tossed James Stone around like a rag doll in that game and hes not playing and if he was playing, he wouldnt have Stone to abuse anymore. Plus we have Mack in Stone's place.

That just leaves Suh who is still a monster and Mario Williams who hasn't done much at all so far.

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

I dont think its quite the same situation as the pre-season game against Miami last year. The D-line that abused us in that game is not the same d-line that will play for them tonight. We were also still experimenting with the o-line. Freeman didn't play in that game and I believe it was Coleman's first game of the pre-season. Julio sat out that game too.

Its a tossup whether Wake plays tonight.

Vernon's not there anymore.

Shelby worked Schraeder over pretty good in that game - he plays for us now.

Earl Mitchell tossed James Stone around like a rag doll in that game and hes not playing and if he was playing, he wouldnt have Stone to abuse anymore. Plus we have Mack in Stone's place.

That just leaves Suh who is still a monster and Mario Williams who hasn't done much at all so far.

Stone played LG most of that game didn't he? I do remember ragging R the Great about him getting stone smashed and his excuse was that he was at guard and not his normal position, like it really mattered, LOL

Just now, papachaz said:

Stone played LG most of that game didn't he? I do remember ragging R the Great about him getting stone smashed and his excuse was that he was at guard and not his normal position, like it really mattered, LOL

I believe he played both. I remember LG and C being a revolving door the entire pre-season.

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I believe he played both. I remember LG and C being a revolving door the entire pre-season.

between our players all preseason, then for the defenses the rest of the year. AND the 'bowling for dollars' snaps all year long too..........yeah the center position was a disaster last year for sure