Jump to content

ATL Needs To Win This Season


rightsaidfred
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I'd rather have any pizza from a local place. Pizza hut is tolerable, but Dominoes and Papa John's taste like Ketchup on bread to me.

Yep where I'm at the 3 chains suck, Gallas,Blue Moon,Hearth and of course  Mellow Mushroom make a decent pizza, if I'm at work downtown it's Chicago Nancy's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Yep where I'm at the 3 chains suck, Gallas,Blue Moon,Hearth and of course  Mellow Mushroom make a decent pizza, if I'm at work downtown it's Chicago Nancy's.

Nice. I'm a big fan of Mellow Mushroom actually. I know it's not what some people consider "authentic" or whatever, but I like how they add cornmeal to the crust. For some reason I like tough bread dough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I'd rather have any pizza from a local place. Pizza hut is tolerable, but Dominoes and Papa John's taste like Ketchup on bread to me.

I like Domino's pizza sauce. The changes made a few years back made it a better pizza. Of course, Mellow Mushroom was dam good back when I lived in ATL 1982-90, but had to pay more. Dominoes was bad then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I like Domino's pizza sauce. The changes made a few years back made it a better pizza. Of course, Mellow Mushroom was dam good back when I lived in ATL 1982-90, but had to pay more. Dominoes was bad then.

It's been a while since I ate at Domino's. Last I checked it just tasted to sweet, aka like ketchup. PJ's was WAY worse though.

 

And as much as I like Mellow Mushroom I do hate the price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I'd rather have any pizza from a local place. Pizza hut is tolerable, but Dominoes and Papa John's taste like Ketchup on bread to me.

Papa Johns flavorless plasticky cheese with an odd but heavy after taste (which is odd because the cheese lacks flavor) is the culprit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was living in Ft Walton Beach FL, there was a local place called Mama Rosa's, man oh man that was some good pizza!

 

If we're ordering pizza, I do have to admit, it's PJ's because they'll deliver here where the other two major chains won't come this far out. Which baffles me, because PJ's is all the way across town, another mile and half and yet they WILL. Maybe they want and need the business more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, papachaz said:

When I was living in Ft Walton Beach FL, there was a local place called Mama Rosa's, man oh man that was some good pizza!

 

If we're ordering pizza, I do have to admit, it's PJ's because they'll deliver here where the other two major chains won't come this far out. Which baffles me, because PJ's is all the way across town, another mile and half and yet they WILL. Maybe they want and need the business more

Or maybe you are a good tipper?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Or maybe you are a good tipper?

well, I don't really think it's that, unless they get here early. we've had a couple drivers be over an hour, and one never showed up at all. I did get a free pizza out of it, but.....

 

well, if I get good service, I do tip above average, I worked as a restaurant manager for a few years, I know it's an unappreciated job. But if I get lousy service, my tip reflects it ;)

oh, but Domino's and PH both told me straight up they won't come 'this far out' and I'm 1 1/2 miles from PH, and Domino's is less than a mile. They have to go through a somewhat run down area to get to me out in the country, but still......

Edited by papachaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, papachaz said:

well, I don't really think it's that, unless they get here early. we've had a couple drivers be over an hour, and one never showed up at all. I did get a free pizza out of it, but.....

 

well, if I get good service, I do tip above average, I worked as a restaurant manager for a few years, I know it's an unappreciated job. But if I get lousy service, my tip reflects it ;)

oh, but Domino's and PH both told me straight up they won't come 'this far out' and I'm 1 1/2 miles from PH, and Domino's is less than a mile. They have to go through a somewhat run down area to get to me out in the country, but still......

Dominos is less than a mile? Wow. Then what do mean by run-down?....Like shootings? Drivers get $5.00/hr on the road, and depend on tips. They may refuse any delivery if reasonable, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...