Tank's Cheap Shot on Matt Bosher: What can you do?

HolyMoses

On a meaningless play in a meaningless game, a bottom ten roster special teams vet unloads (probably illegally) on one of the best punters in the NFL.

What are the repercussions?  What would you want our guys to do on the field about it? 

It's not like we play the Browns this season.  It's not like a fine is going to help Bosher get ready for the season.

Anyone know someone in Cleveland to go Gillooly on Tank Carder? 

I know it's a tough game and a tough league and you have to keep your head on a swivel, but that was one of the cheapest things I have ever seen in sport.  What kind of psycho does that in a preseason game?

edit:  I posted on his tweet about it:  @tankcarder No controversy. You went War Sapp Cheapshot on a freakin' PUNTER in PRESEASON You must have the league's smallest *****.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TheFalconRises said:

As much as that pissed me off it wasn't illegal. Bosher ran down the field last game and made a tackle. That would be a little unfair if a punter can tackle the ball carrier but nobody can touch the punter. Hopefully he isn't badly hurt and uses this as a lesson. 

Pretty sure they outlawed blindside hits like that to players who arent even in the play.

3 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Pretty sure they outlawed blindside hits like that to players who arent even in the play.

The TV guy said it was an illegal crack back block under current league rules.

To me, it wasn't so much that it was illegal or not, it was just so unnecessary.  These guys are trying to make the team and all that, but are coaches going to look at film and say "Gee you really cracked that Punter in a PreSeason (Preason) game, we are keeping you around for another year!"

It seems like there are some unwritten rules in the preseason (preason).  Taking that kind of blind side shot at a punter seems like it would, or SHOULD be a breach of the protocol that should exist in the League.  What is to be gained by this? 

Really:  What was the point?