Pre-season games baring out that the depth on Falcons roster is better

g-dawg

Remember all those years when Falcons would take a lead in the first quarter of pre-season games only to watch the Falcons back-ups get blown out the last 2-3 quarters of games?  We always said - "it don't matter, they were our back-ups" - and, while true - those pre-season games did show how dreadfully awful the bottom half of the Falcons roster really was.

While it remains to be seen what kind of year the Falcons will have - and there are still concerns about our 1st team offense and defense - I do feel confident that the bottom half of the Falcons roster is getting better - of course that mostly only matters if we have injuries - but it is a good sign.

I'm very pleased with the depth on this team. It's the best is been since the 2004-2006 span for certain. We are stacked at running back and receiver. Some good looking offensive lineman, a few nice corners (Goodwin didn't even play) tight end depth (Perkins looks good, Hooper hasn't done much but we know the potential) and our safeties are deep. We need more pass rush but otherwise, I couldn't be happier with what I've seen. 

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

of course one thing that helps a lot is when your 2nd string QB is not named John Parker Wilson or Dominik Davis.  lmao

Remember the threads about Davis being held back and that he was better than Ryan? Different year, new set of a-holes.