• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Jpowers said:

I blame Obama.

Ok from now on, i would kindly prefer that you dont invade my threads anymore. There is only 1 Moderator that I do like, and she is a sweet and kind woman, and you are the exact opposite of her.

You are the Joker to my Batman. The Lex Luthor to my Superman. The Loki to my Thor. The Darth Vader to my Yoda

Just now, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Ok from now on, i would kindly prefer that you dont invade my threads anymore. There is only 1 Moderator that I do like, and she is a sweet and kind woman, and you are the exact opposite of her.

You are the Joker to my Batman. The Lex Luthor to my Superman. The Loki to my Thor. The Darth Vader to my Yoda

Okay I chuckled a little bit. I knew you could do it.

Also, I'm not a mod anymore we just can't edit my stupid member title on this new board.

Just now, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

The Dr. Evil to your Austin Powers. 

The Shredder to your turtles 

he's pure evil 

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I will say this. There are things you CAN take from the preseason to get a read on a team, and there are things that don't really mean anything in the preseason.  I get the feeling, based on 40 something years of watching football, that this is a 6 win team. Whats throwing most people off is the fact that the Falcons ARE better this year, talent wise. The problem is other teams have improved also and that schedule. No way around that...

A football team being intimidated by a schedule?..... Not us!

Starter vs starters numbers. Besides 2 big plays the Browns didn't really do anything and in 60 min of a real game we're not gonna give up a bunch of those plays. Key stats 0/4 on 3rd for griffin and the starters  5/9 for us. Out gained their starters and that's including their 2 big plays. Those 2 big plays were 100 yards of their starters output. So put in perspective they didn't really do sh*t but beat us on 2 plays that probably don't happen with Tru 99.9 % of the time. AND this was a road game. 

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Im sorry but im not seeing any improvements from the team that we put on the field from last season. There is obviously still no pass rush - which was supposedly a priority this off-season/ Ryan looks as shaky as he did last season, he doesnt look comfortable in the offense.This team reeks of mediocrity again.

This team was 8-8 last season with the easiest schedule in the NFL. This same team will be lucky to be 4-12 against the strongest schedule this season.

Now that's funny ! :lol:  Thanks , I needed that... What a Hoot !

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah, it's great we won and all, but all that really means is our backups are better than their backups, which really isn't saying much when you're playing the Browns. The issue is our starters were mediocre vs. theirs. The TD to Pryor was pretty pathetic and so was the Gary Barnage TD. Weren't the Browns up when the starters were pulled?

b

the issue though about the backups, it doesn't matter if it was 'just the browns' because for the last 4 or 5 years our backups couldn't beat ANYONE'S backups. That came to bite us bad Mike Smiths last few years because we had so many injuries, we were playing a LOT of our backups regularly, against other teams starters, so of course there wasn't much chance to win.....although some of those games were lost on coaching calls and not because of Dallas (anyone remember Detroit, and cleveland games last year????)

so yeah, it matters about our backups, because our back ups have won two games against other teams backups. This means DEPTH is better, and pretty much better all across the board

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Really, all i care about is finding the BEST non fitted Falcon cap to wear this season. I HATE fitted caps. This new era snapback looks fly... 

Atlanta Falcons New Era 2016 Sideline Official Original Fit 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable Hat - Black

You tried the New Era stretch fit? I've move from fitted to them, more comfortable imo.

http://shop.neweracap.com/Hats/Sport_nfl/Department_stretch-fitted/Team_Atlanta-Falcons

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Starter vs starters numbers. Besides 2 big plays the Browns didn't really do anything and in 60 min of a real game we're not gonna give up a bunch of those plays. Key stats 0/4 on 3rd for griffin and the starters  5/9 for us. Out gained their starters and that's including their 2 big plays. Those 2 big plays were 100 yards of their starters output. So put in perspective they didn't really do sh*t but beat us on 2 plays that probably don't happen with Tru 99.9 % of the time. AND this was a road game. 

image.jpeg

well since no one else is aiming at you today  :ninja::lol: I will point out that on two of their drives they didn't NEED a third down conversion, so there's that  

bahahaha......

just messing with you of course, no way in **** I'd ever try to go against what you're saying, because you know what you're talking about and I don't know jack  :tiphat:   I just can't pass a chance to mess with someone sometimes, LOL

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Okay I chuckled a little bit. I knew you could do it.

Also, I'm not a mod anymore we just can't edit my stupid member title on this new board.

Well if you have escaped the capture and Collective of the Borg, then you are welcome here. Captain Pickard escaped the Borg, and he turned out Ok as well.

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

well since no one else is aiming at you today  :ninja::lol: I will point out that on two of their drives they didn't NEED a third down conversion, so there's that  

bahahaha......

just messing with you of course, no way in **** I'd ever try to go against what you're saying, because you know what you're talking about and I don't know jack  :tiphat:   I just can't pass a chance to mess with someone sometimes, LOL

Lol. I did point out the 2 plays but also said they did nothing outside of that. Make that a 60 minute game and they had no chance. You're not gonna beat a team depending on 1 play home runs. Just not gonna happen. At some point you're gonna have to convert 3rd downs. But nah it's all in fun man. That was funny. I can take a joke cause I love making them myself lol. 

11 minutes ago, papachaz said:

the issue though about the backups, it doesn't matter if it was 'just the browns' because for the last 4 or 5 years our backups couldn't beat ANYONE'S backups. That came to bite us bad Mike Smiths last few years because we had so many injuries, we were playing a LOT of our backups regularly, against other teams starters, so of course there wasn't much chance to win.....although some of those games were lost on coaching calls and not because of Dallas (anyone remember Detroit, and cleveland games last year????)

so yeah, it matters about our backups, because our back ups have won two games against other teams backups. This means DEPTH is better, and pretty much better all across the board

Boom. Depth is the key word. 

12 minutes ago, papachaz said:

More than anything, it means BETTER COACHING.

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Lol. I did point out the 2 plays but also said they did nothing outside of that. Make that a 60 minute game and they had no chance. You're not gonna beat a team depending on 1 play home runs. Just not gonna happen. At some point you're gonna have to convert 3rd downs. But nah it's all in fun man. That was funny. I can take a joke cause I love making them myself lol. 

yeah I haven't seen anyone else yanking yer chain yet this morning, so I figured I would. Heck a couple days ago it seemed every where you went someone was doing it. I didn't want you feeling neglected today  :lol:

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

yeah I haven't seen anyone else yanking yer chain yet this morning, so I figured I would. Heck a couple days ago it seemed every where you went someone was doing it. I didn't want you feeling neglected today  :lol:

Not yet. They'll be here tho lol. It's starting in the Deion Jones thread.