• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

You must hate the **** out of Quinn with just "fast and physical". 

If you take away the buzz words and the arguments based off of those words Taft is gonna be a lonely place.

cat down the mountain melted theater butter..........

Hive Sop Dap............

man, we can't live around here without buzzwords!

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

You must hate the **** out of Quinn with just "fast and physical". 

If you take away the buzz words and the arguments based off of those words Taft is gonna be a lonely place.

I certainly don't like it, but I feel coach speak is more about avoiding making a point. It's like they agree with me about buzzwords. 

"I don't wanna tell y'all anything so here's two pointless words" 

buzzwords-making a point with no substance

coach speak- avoiding making a point because you're actually hiding the substance 

I think the defense has improved drastically. Outside of a few miscues they looked good to me. Tru obviously slowed down on the deep ball and was not outright burnt. I still don't like that he gave up the play but he didn't get burnt. He looked like he misjudged the ball,which was a great throw btw, and slowed down to make a play on it and gave up the TD. Besides that Neal was in his first action and took some lumps. Great. He needed it. After that let me give you some numbers that show vast improvement. Also keep in mind this game was played without Beasley. 

3rd down efficiency 

atl 11-17 cle 1-8 

They converted 1 3rd down the whole game. 

Total yards 

Atl 498  cle 243 

we had more passing yards than they had total yardage and only 19 less rushing yards. Clayborn is gonna be a pleasant surprise this season. It was a starters vs starters sack on RG3 so before somebody says it was backups it wasn't. Again, I saw ppl complaining about the pass rush and Beasley didn't play to bring pressure from the SLB position. We also haven't seen Freeney and Beasley on the field in nickel together so chill about the pass rush. 

After that hat it actually was a good defensive game. 13% on 3rd down is a very encouraging number. 1 first down out of 8. They only scored 13 points as well. One being a miscue on Tru's part and just a great throw by RG3 to barnage. 

2 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

I honestly don't have a good feeling about this year as well. Team doesn't feel like a playoff team.

Did the 98 team feel like a SB team in preseason? Lost every preseason game. But what I saw in preseason that year I knew they were gonna be good. 

37 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I think the defense has improved drastically. Outside of a few miscues they looked good to me. Tru obviously slowed down on the deep ball and was not outright burnt. I still don't like that he gave up the play but he didn't get burnt. He looked like he misjudged the ball,which was a great throw btw, and slowed down to make a play on it and gave up the TD. Besides that Neal was in his first action and took some lumps. Great. He needed it. After that let me give you some numbers that show vast improvement. Also keep in mind this game was played without Beasley. 

3rd down efficiency 

atl 11-17 cle 1-8 

Total yards 

Atl 498  cle 243 

we had more passing yards than they had total yardage and only 19 less rushing yards. Clayborn is gonna be a pleasant surprise this season. It was a starters vs starters sack on RG3 so before somebody says it was backups it wasn't. Again, I saw ppl complaining about the pass rush and Beasley didn't play to bring pressure from the SLB position. We also haven't seen Freeney and Beasley on the field in nickel together so chill about the pass rush. 

After that hat it actually was a good defensive game. 13% on 3rd down is a very encouraging number. 1 first down out of 8. They only scored 13 points as well. One being a miscue on Tru's part and just a great throw by RG3 to barnage. 

Good stuff! Enjoy reading your posts!

28 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Did the 98 team feel like a SB team in preseason? Lost every preseason game. But what I saw in preseason that year I knew they were gonna be good. 

Falcons are 2-0 so far this preaseason, so they doing the opposite of what you just posted. Just saying...

Edited by slickgadawg

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Falcons are 2-0 so far this preaseason, so they doing the opposite of what you just posted. Just saying...

That's exactly the point if you read what I was replying to. Basically saying you can't judge preseason. He said THIS team doesn't feel like a playoff team and they are 2-0 in preseason. The 98 team was 0-4 in preseason. Did they feel like a SB team?? Do you get it now??? I have no idea why you even responded to my post because you just kinda made yourself look like you don't comprehend what was written or replied to. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That's exactly the point if you read what I was replying to. Basically saying you can't judge preseason. He said THIS team doesn't feel like a playoff team and they are 2-0 in preseason. The 98 team was 0-4 in preseason. Did they feel like a SB team?? Do you get it now??? I have no idea why you even responded to my post because you just kinda made yourself look like you don't comprehend what was written or replied to. 

You are correct. I knew what you was talking about. Its early dude, lol...

Edited by slickgadawg

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird8711 said:

Ok they went 2-2 in (10,11) and made the playoffs....Big Deal

The Regular Season is in Three Weeks......

I will say this. There are things you CAN take from the preseason to get a read on a team, and there are things that don't really mean anything in the preseason.  I get the feeling, based on 40 something years of watching football, that this is a 6 win team. Whats throwing most people off is the fact that the Falcons ARE better this year, talent wise. The problem is other teams have improved also and that schedule. No way around that...

Edited by slickgadawg

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I will say this. There are things you CAN take from the preseason to get a read on a team, and there are things that don't really mean anything in the preseason.  I get the feeling, based on 40 something years of watching football, that this is a 6 win team. Whats throwing most people off is the fact that the Falcons ARE better this year, talent wise. The problem is other teams have improved also and that schedule. No way around that...

Schedules don't mean jack. Just lineup and play. Teams change every year. A sorry team will arise and be good and a good team will all of a sudden not be so good. I get the feeling it's a 9/10 win team. Also more than just the talent gas Gwen better. 3rd down defense is only giving up 26% meaning they've been getting off the field so far. Meanwhile from 2008-2015 we couldn't get off the field on 3rd averaging around 45%. That's a huge difference if they keep that up. That's what good defenses do. And so far they're ink giving up 15 pts/g. From 2008-2015 they are giving up around 23 pts/g. If they keep that up we'll be D@MN good cause at the end of the day the most important defensive stat is pts. Not sacks, not int's. 3rd down and pts. I don't care who we play if we keep them between 17-20 points we can be really good of the offense averaged about 25 pts/g. 

10 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Any team in the NFL can beat any other team. Schedule means jack ****. Every game last year except for one was a one possession game except for one and the team that killed us we also beat later down the line. And that's not unique. Almost all NFL games are close.

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Schedules don't mean jack. Just lineup and play. Teams change every year. A sorry team will arise and be good and a good team will all of a sudden not be so good. I get the feeling it's a 9/10 win team. Also more than just the talent gas Gwen better. 3rd down defense is only giving up 26% meaning they've been getting off the field so far. Meanwhile from 2008-2015 we couldn't get off the field on 3rd averaging around 45%. That's a huge difference if they keep that up. That's what good defenses do. And so far they're ink giving up 15 pts/g. From 2008-2015 they are giving up around 23 pts/g. If they keep that up we'll be D@MN good cause at the end of the day the most important defensive stat is pts. Not sacks, not int's. 3rd down and pts. I don't care who we play if we keep them between 17-20 points we can be really good of the offense averaged about 25 pts/g. 

Really, all i care about is finding the BEST non fitted Falcon cap to wear this season. I HATE fitted caps. This new era snapback looks fly... 

Atlanta Falcons New Era 2016 Sideline Official Original Fit 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable Hat - Black

Edited by slickgadawg

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

3rd down efficiency 

atl 11-17 cle 1-8 

Total yards 

Atl 498  cle 243 

Yeah, it's great we won and all, but all that really means is our backups are better than their backups, which really isn't saying much when you're playing the Browns. The issue is our starters were mediocre vs. theirs. The TD to Pryor was pretty pathetic and so was the Gary Barnage TD. Weren't the Browns up when the starters were pulled?

b

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, it's great we won and all, but all that really means is our backups are better than their backups, which really isn't saying much when you're playing the Browns. The issue is our starters were mediocre vs. theirs. The TD to Pryor was pretty pathetic and so was the Gary Barnage TD. Weren't the Browns up when the starters were pulled?

b

That play to Pryor doesn't happen in the regular season more than not and the score was 10-13 at half. Big deal. The fact still remains that they were 1/8 on 3rd down. The tru score should've never happened and you see he slowed down on the play. No excuse but Pryor didn't out right just out run him. The starters will be fine. In a real game situation adjustments will have been made anyway. This was Neal's first real game action so he needed to take lumps. In a full 60 minutes of play we would've dogged the Browns because their starters couldn't stop our running attack. That would've opened up play action Julio deep. Not worried about the starters.