which one of you mugs are getting fiber?

5 minutes ago, FalconsInstitutionalSize said:

soooo it sucks?

I don't know about the actual service. I was referring to the crews they hire to put their lines into the ground as they upgrade their existing plant.

I know an absolute ton of people in my area are swapping to their service though. From what I understand they're running some pretty **** good deals right now for gigapower.

Their goal is to have fiber/gigapower available everywhere in Ga by 2020.

We have fiber now for our phone and internet, but we're going back to cable.

The fiber lines for CenturyLink are unstable and, worst of all, their technicians have no idea about how to deal with immediate outages. My wife works from home and she can't afford for the internet to keep dropping for unknown reasons.

So until they get their sh*t together on fiber optics repair, we're going back to TimeWarner for our internet and phone.

25 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I switched to Charter last month. I don't really need fiber to look at AFMB.

Haha.  If that is all you are doing, then you do not need high speed.  I have 4 PC's, 3 smart TV's, 2 Roku's, 1 Apple TV, 1 PS4, 3 iPads, 4 iPhones, 1 Printer, ~10 WIFI light fixtures, WIFI garage door opener, a Weatherstation, etc...

Plus my wife is constantly running WoW, Netflix, and streaming music.  My son is usually running Minecraft, Youtube, and music.  I am streaming TV, and radio.  Plus my wife is often running connected to her companies VPN.  

We are high volume power users.

3 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Haha.  If that is all you are doing, then you do not need high speed.  I have 4 PC's, 3 smart TV's, 2 Roku's, 1 Apple TV, 1 PS4, 3 iPads, 4 iPhones, 1 Printer, ~10 WIFI light fixtures, WIFI garage door opener, a Weatherstation, etc...

Plus my wife is constantly running WoW, Netflix, and streaming music.  My son is usually running Minecraft, Youtube, and music.  I am streaming TV, and radio.  Plus my wife is often running connected to her companies VPN.  

So basically your squatting at Best Buy :D 

You should change your name to best buy show room

1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

1 hour ago, Flip Flop said:

No f'n sh*t, dude. Wow.