Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldblazer

Saints first round pick Sheldon Rankins carted off

39 posts in this topic

Oh jeez. I hope he's alright. 

I feel awful for the players I liked a lot in the pre-draft process. For I have cursed them with my interest. Ragland, Shaq, Rankins. 

Someone better get Myles Jack to a safehouse. 

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I feel awful for the players I liked a lot in the pre-draft process. For I have cursed them with my interest. Ragland, Shaq, Rankins. 

Yikes.  You're definitely 0-2. Let's hope a 3rd loss isnt added.

Hate to see injuries happen, especially in the preseason, having said that, better them than us.

He's out 6-8 weeks best case.

39fffae891ac29b6931a312e84d7c5d7.jpg

11321.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Saints first-round DT Sheldon Rankins suffered a broken fibula during Monday's practice.

Rankins sustained the injury during goal-line drills and had to be carted off the field. Considering the alternatives, this news is about as good as the Saints could have hoped for. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rankins will undergo surgery and is only expected to miss six-to-eight weeks, but it is possible he is sidelined for much longer. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey missed all of last year with the same injury after suffering multiple complications.
Aug 15 - 12:39 PM

21 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

Saints first-round pick Sheldon Rankins will have surgery on his fractured fibula and likely be sidelined about six weeks, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/765227563601887234

Man, that sucks.  

I wish him a speedy recovery.  I just don't want the swampers using him as an excuse for why we swept them this season.  

This was a guy I had coveted for the Falcons during draft season...as it turned out, wasn't falling past NO.  Tough break for the kid (pun recognized), but I would also say that the 6-8 week timetable is awfully optimistic.  And even if/when he comes back in 2016, he'll be 'just a guy' given the rookie learning curve, conditioning fall-off and health of the leg later this season.

papachaz and HouseofEuphoria like this

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I really hope you never even knew who Neal was before the draft, if this is in fact the case!

One of those deals where it sucks for the player but as far as the Saints go I will never shed a tear that they have issues. I hope they end up fielding scrub players due to team issues.

None of them shed tears for us when we had 11+ players on injured reserve multiple seasons in a row recently. Screw them I want us to beat them down and I don't care if they are healthy or not. Kick them when they are down for all I care.