2016 House and Senate elections...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

2018 is gonna be brutal for Dems. 

I could easily see dems losing half these seats. Though being an off presidential year, they can insulate and localize themselves from the national party. 

I don't understand the last part.  Midterm elections have become very nationalized and influenced by presidential approval and the economy more than in the past.   I agree that Dems could lose half of those - and therefore lose the Senate majority.  But not sure they can go local and avoid the influence of national political factors.  

4 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I don't understand the last part.  Midterm elections have become very nationalized and influenced by presidential approval and the economy more than in the past.   I agree that Dems could lose half of those - and therefore lose the Senate majority.  But not sure they can go local and avoid the influence of national political factors.  

They have to get it back before they can lose it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lostone said:

Say word GAFan!

been stalking RCP.  Bye bye burr!!!!  Bye bye patty cake!

I posted some early voting data in the other thread, but it looking good for Dems. Republicans are only 66% of their 2012 turnout and Dems/Ind are over 100. Dems are outpacing republicans for accepted ballots.

24 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I posted some early voting data in the other thread, but it looking good for Dems. Republicans are only 66% of their 2012 turnout and Dems/Ind are over 100. Dems are outpacing republicans for accepted ballots.

Well when you add in dead people's votes for one side?  I'm not shocked.  

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I don't think a Republican lead of 0.2% in a North Carolina Senatorial race is something to be talking **** about, but maybe that's just me.

I can't be overly optimistic?  It's been trending this way.  Recent RPC polls have Ross up a couple of points.