What was everyones thoughts

UGABOZ

My thoughts on offense:

Matt Ryan, and Devonta freeman look very rusty. Matt looks like has gained arm strength and can climb the pocket. However his throws are off and sometimes he rushes his throws. The guards allowed some pressure up the middle. Devonta dropped a layup touchdown which to me is concerning. Sanu looks very good. Fuller looks like a camp body or destined for the practice squad. Weems, and Williams look like very good depth. Hardy had a good third down catch but didn't wow anybody. Sims is going to be cut, and I think Renfree might make the practice squad or be carried on the roster as he looks good. Shaub looks like the real deal. Brandon wilds runs with very good vision, but he did have a bad fumble. He stands a good chance of pushing ward for the 3rd RB spot. Aldrick Robinson is definitely the 3rd or 4th WR option on this team.

On defense:

Vick Beasley looks very mediocre. He got like one good pressure and was stone walled the rest of the game and looks very average. He needs to step it up drastically especially since this is preseason and he's facing inferior competition. Hageman look ok he let the RB slip out of his butter fingers on a bad play where he got in the backfield but didn't wrap up. He looks very good in run support. Look out for Nordly Capi96. This dude got like 3-4 hurries and hit the QB a few times. Also DT Corey Johnson #90 Looks like the real deal and could end up getting some snaps at DT. He got real skinny on several plays and applied some pressure. These two guys will probably make goodman and Mbu Expendable. Clayborn got a hard hit on the QB and looked  good. Deion Jones had a really good game. He looked excellent in run support and should start over mediocre PW55 at some point. Weatherspoon also looks really good. Devondre Campbell looks excellent, but lost gap integrity on one play that went for a big run.

Special teams:

Hardy and fuller look mediocre on kick returns and didn't do much. McKissic looks like he might win the job. Our kick return coverage looks bad honestly and we constantly allowed people to take it back to the 30.

26 minutes ago, osiruz said:

My thoughts on offense:

Matt Ryan, and Devonta freeman look very rusty. Matt looks like has gained arm strength and can climb the pocket. However his throws are off and sometimes he rushes his throws. The guards allowed some pressure up the middle. Devonta dropped a layup touchdown which to me is concerning. Sanu looks very good. Fuller looks like a camp body or destined for the practice squad. Weems, and Williams look like very good depth. Hardy had a good third down catch but didn't wow anybody. Sims is going to be cut, and I think Renfree might make the practice squad or be carried on the roster as he looks good. Shaub looks like the real deal. Brandon wilds runs with very good vision, but he did have a bad fumble. He stands a good chance of pushing ward for the 3rd RB spot. Aldrick Robinson is definitely the 3rd or 4th WR option on this team.

On defense:

Vick Beasley looks very mediocre. He got like one good pressure and was stone walled the rest of the game and looks very average. He needs to step it up drastically especially since this is preseason and he's facing inferior competition. Hageman look ok he let the RB slip out of his butter fingers on a bad play where he got in the backfield but didn't wrap up. He looks very good in run support. Look out for Nordly Capi96. This dude got like 3-4 hurries and hit the QB a few times. Also DT Corey Johnson #90 Looks like the real deal and could end up getting some snaps at DT. He got real skinny on several plays and applied some pressure. These two guys will probably make goodman and Mbu Expendable. Clayborn got a hard hit on the QB and looked  good. Deion Jones had a really good game. He looked excellent in run support and should start over mediocre PW55 at some point. Weatherspoon also looks really good. Devondre Campbell looks excellent, but lost gap integrity on one play that went for a big run.

Special teams:

Hardy and fuller look mediocre on kick returns and didn't do much. McKissic looks like he might win the job. Our kick return coverage looks bad honestly and we constantly allowed people to take it back to the 30.

I agree with everything except the Beasley part. Minus the one time he got stonewalled attempting that spin move. Outside of that he looked really good. Got good pressure, would have had a sack if he didn't get tackled & he got his hands up in passing lanes at the end of his rush. 

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I agree with everything except the Beasley part. Minus the one time he got stonewalled attempting that spin move. Outside of that he looked really good. Got good pressure, would have had a sack if he didn't get tackled & he got his hands up in passing lanes at the end of his rush. 

I counted only one pressure, and he had like 8 or 9 pass rushes. He got stone walled on 2 spin moves. I don't think he played well at all against the pass, I'm just being honest. He played decently against the run. I also didn't think the play the board is referring to is a hold, I think he fell down.

What sticks out to me is the following.......

The good....the defensive depth-   quality depth especially at LB....so much so that I would not be bothered with a 3-4 D although I dont think we have a true NT at that position or the D-lineman to pull that off. 

depth at qb....Schaub is a huge addition to this team....more than annyone really realizes at this point in time.

the bad....the offense....it was horrible last year and what have we really done to change anything? Sanu? yes he's good but I dont see a tremendous upgrade. Tamme at TE....perhaps. But this is on Ryan....and he needs to figure it out or Schaub might end up figuring it out for him. 

It's obvious to me that Quinn is a defensive minded coach. I'm ok with that. And as an added plus...I dont see this D quitting if the O is as horrible as it was last year...too much depth and they are going to punish opposing offenses. Wait till you guys see Neal in the reg season. This guy may end up making the late great Jack Tatumn look like Mr Rogers. 

Schedule is tough but I think 8-8 is staring us in the face.

On 92.9 today someone said that the issue was women bringing purses held up the line getting into the dome. I recall hearing a plea before asking purses not be brought into the dome, as it backs up security. Think how bad the TSA is, and they are federally funded. 

9 hours ago, osiruz said:

I counted only one pressure, and he had like 8 or 9 pass rushes. He got stone walled on 2 spin moves. I don't think he played well at all against the pass, I'm just being honest. He played decently against the run. I also didn't think the play the board is referring to is a hold, I think he fell down.

He was definitely held. He had passed the guy and he grabbed him by the chest and pulled him down to the ground. Look at OTs right hand, full grasp of jersey/shoulder pads....he got stoned on the spin....its preseason and he is working on a new move against live competition for the 1st time, at least the guy is trying to expand his pass rush repertoire. .. give him a couple more weeks. He will learn to use the move correctly. 

2 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

He was definitely held. He had passed the guy and he grabbed him by the chest and pulled him down to the ground. Look at OTs right hand, full grasp of jersey/shoulder pads....he got stoned on the spin....its preseason and he is working on a new move against live competition for the 1st time, at least the guy is trying to expand his pass rush repertoire. .. give him a couple more weeks. He will learn to use the move correctly. 

Going to give him benefit of doubt but I expect more. He seems too small, and doesn't use his hands well enought. 

10 hours ago, jaschart said:

On 92.9 today someone said that the issue was women bringing purses held up the line getting into the dome. I recall hearing a plea before asking purses not be brought into the dome, as it backs up security. Think how bad the TSA is, and they are federally funded. 

Happened to my mom. It wasn't even a real purse, but a really small bag she crocheted in the car on the way up to Atl. The days we live in.