Jump to content

Randy Moss


Falconsfan567
 Share

Recommended Posts

Randy Moss had a few weeks on FOX's NFL coverage last year and I was highly impressed by his reasoning. Now he's on ESPN and I'm just as impressed. He just predicted the Cowboys to go 4-12 this year. That's a whole lot more realistic than 10-6. His reasoning was all the suspensions on defense, Tony Romo not being able to stay on the field and aside from the year DeMarco Murray had a couple years ago the Cowboys haven't run the ball very well the last few years. It's so refreshing to have someone not fall into the typical media bias that the Dallas Cowboys must be good just because they're the Dallas Cowboys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He didn't just predict it, he gave actual reasons.  I also just saw the Rand University 30 for 30 last night, and he seems like a good guy that made some stupid mistakes as a kid.  Kind of an introvert that has to engage because he does everything well enough to draw attention.  

I hope he sticks around the commentating scene.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

He didn't just predict it, he gave actual reasons.  I also just saw the Rand University 30 for 30 last night, and he seems like a good guy that made some stupid mistakes as a kid.  Kind of an introvert that has to engage because he does everything well enough to draw attention.  

I hope he sticks around the commentating scene.  

Exactly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Please explain why it's not? I'd like to hear why the reasoning for why the Cowboys will be better this year than they were last year.

They were 2-6 in close games last year, went through 4 QBs, lost their #1 WR for over half the season, and had a much tougher schedule. **** of the 4 games they won last year, 3 were with Romo. 

This year they'll be playing on a last place schedule, Romo is back, and Dez is fully healthy. And I'm calling bs on the 'cowboys cant run the ball' line. They had a thousand yard rusher just last year in Darren McFadden (4.6 YPC) with nobody at QB or receiver to keep the defense honest. Now they have Zeke and Morris as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, HEIST said:

They were 2-6 in close games last year, went through 4 QBs, lost their #1 WR for over half the season, and had a much tougher schedule. **** of the 4 games they won last year, 3 were with Romo. 

This year they'll be playing on a last place schedule, Romo is back, and Dez is fully healthy. And I'm calling bs on the 'cowboys cant run the ball' line. They had a thousand yard rusher just last year in Darren McFadden (4.6 YPC) with nobody at QB or receiver to keep the defense honest. Now they have Zeke and Morris as well. 

You're counting on a lot with expecting Tony Romo to actually stay on the field. You also didn't explain how they're going to stop people. They're defense was already bad and now they've got 3 key players suspended for a number of games. Schedule talk is useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're counting on a lot with expecting Tony Romo to actually stay on the field. You also didn't explain how they're going to stop people. They're defense was already bad and now they've got 3 key players suspended for a number of games. Schedule talk is useless.

Gregory is unproven. Lawrence should be back by Week 5. McClain suspension hurts but they signed Justin Durant to offset that a bit. They're also getting their best cornerback back from injury. 

Last time Romo got hurt he came back and played 4 full seasons. Granted he's getting older, which is why the Cowboys are gearing up to be a running heavy team again (which also helps the defense). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

Gregory is unproven. Lawrence should be back by Week 5. McClain suspension hurts but they signed Justin Durant to offset that a bit. They're also getting their best cornerback back from injury. 

Last time Romo got hurt he came back and played 4 full seasons. Granted he's getting older, which is why the Cowboys are gearing up to be a running heavy team again (which also helps the defense). 

Hard to expect Romo to stay on the field considering he's had 3 separate collarbone injuries. That's one injury that once you do it then it's easier to do it again and again which is what has happened with him. But I got to say Dak Prescott was quite impressive tonight so if Romo goes down again they'll be in a better position than they were last year.

I don't think 4-12 will happen either. I just feel like Moss's reasoning for saying that is more sound than the reasoning for saying they'll go 10-6 like most pundits have predicted. I personally see them as a middle of the road team who will wind up around 8-8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Hard to expect Romo to stay on the field considering he's had 3 separate collarbone injuries. That's one injury that once you do it then it's easier to do it again and again which is what has happened with him. But I got to say Dak Prescott was quite impressive tonight so if Romo goes down again they'll be in a better position than they were last year.

I don't think 4-12 will happen either. I just feel like Moss's reasoning for saying that is more sound than the reasoning for saying they'll go 10-6 like most pundits have predicted. I personally see them as a middle of the road team who will wind up around 8-8.

8-8 is around where I see them as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...