I didn't see any threads on this. Basically, China has pumped sand and rock on top of otherwise submerged features to assert their alleged, "sovereign ownership," of the entire South China sea. They have radar and military installations on these islands now. ONLY, 5 trillion in commerce annually travels through the South China sea. It appears to me that our next step is to install missiles in South Korea. This would serve a dual purpose. One, it can defend against N. Korean missiles and two, it could be a threat to China in a military conflict. This seems to be a major power grab by China that would change the balance of power in the Pacific. USA was always the security guarantor in Asia. Will that guarantor become China in the future?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Philippines won a court ruling against China on this matter, but the court has no power to enforce it's ruling to get China to stop.  What they say is that the ruling brings international attention to the problem China is creating.  China feel it has a legal precedence to build in the south China sea.  

A greater fear is that a local event can spin out of control. An overzealous Chinese lieutenant fires upon a U.S. ship; a U.S. destroyer rams a Chinese fishing boat. A U.S. plane is accidentally shot down by a surface-to-air missile from a disputed island. At the local level the potential for conflict grows to dangerous levels. And often it is events at the local that can influence the global.

I see China has had 200 plus fishing ships and a dozen or so coast guard ships stationed off the senakukus south of Japan for weeks now too.

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The Japanese Foreign Ministry protested strongly on Saturday evening, telling the Chinese embassy in Japan that “Japan cannot accept China’s activities as they are unilateral escalation that raise tensions on the ground, and requested to have the Chinese Coast Guard vessels leave the contiguous zone immediately.”

China is definitely trying to push some buttons and I am not sure what their end game is?

China has some problems in their domestic economy right now. With the amount of money we owe via US treasury debt to them, I am concerned. The Pacific has always been our domain. Seems they want every strategic advantage and the potential to control commerce/blockade. We swapped out our old B52s in Guam recently for the new B-1,& 2s. Gold is rising strongly. If the dollar index takes out 92-93, trouble will accelerate in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I have never been a fan of the debt we've owed China.  In my opinion that is like running with the devil.  Sooner or later it will come back to bite you.  

You better believe it! Its not a small sum either. The interest alone has to be HUGE

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I have never been a fan of the debt we've owed China.  In my opinion that is like running with the devil.  Sooner or later it will come back to bite you.  

The scary thing is most of it is short term debt. What happens if they dont roll into the next issue? If we did get involved in a conflict with China, who would finance the war? Certainly, not them.

30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That would be curious.  The would not cut off their own nose to spite their face, amirite?  

Not if the end game is to eliminate dollar supremecy. We paid Iran off in non dollar currencies. China Russia Iran and others have set up their own methods of trade and exchange that eliminate dollar usage. 

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

So... The dollar is extremely strong right now to everyone.  What is your frame of reference for gold?  1, 5, 10 years?  So Obama has been trying to weaken the dollar, but somehow it is strong against all other currencies??? What in the ...

Who said anything about Obama trying to weaken the dollar? I said if the index breaks 92 its going much lower and gold higher.

China will continue to build and expand to even more man-made islands. And honestly there's nothing we can do. Russia is looking to partner with anyone who's against the U.S. like Iran. Just like they are kissing Turkey's äss right now because of it's strategic location to us. In the next 2 years you'll see Russia, China, Turkey, and Iran join together to form a nuclear coalition to antagonize the U.S. 

The basics of modern warfare:

A nuclear country can invade a non nuclear country with ground forces i.e. Iraq war/Afghanistan

A nuclear country cannot invade another nuclear country with ground forces- mutual destruction. 

We're heading into dangerous times my friends. Hillary better be smart in this game of chess.

37 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

China will continue to build and expand to even more man-made islands. And honestly there's nothing we can do. Russia is looking to partner with anyone who's against the U.S. like Iran. Just like they are kissing Turkey's äss right now because of it's strategic location to us. In the next 2 years you'll see Russia, China, Turkey, and Iran join together to form a nuclear coalition to antagonize the U.S. 

A nuclear country can invade a non nuclear country with ground forces i.e. Iraq war/Afghanistan

A nuclear country cannot invade another nuclear country with ground forces- mutual destruction. 

We're heading into dangerous times my friends. Hillary better be smart in this game of chess.

No one wants to hear the truth. The worldwide debt bubble will prick. Bet Japans debt bubble bursts first?

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

I do not know about Iran, but I could see Russia, China, and Turkey joining forces. China and Russia have already started trying to build a counter to our economic influence with BRICS. 

19 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I do not know about Iran, but I could see Russia, China, and Turkey joining forces. China and Russia have already started trying to build a counter to our economic influence with BRICS. 

Iran gets it's arsenal from Russia.

Excerpt from Neocons for Hillary: Obama “Doesn’t Want Nuclear War”, July 24, 2016:

Robbie Martin: I wanted to know what your feeling was on Hillary’s approach to Ukraine, is she going to send the weapons to the Ukrainian army?

Robert Kagan: I mean, I’m sure, I mean the answer to that question is I don’t know. I know she cares a lot about Ukraine and certainly cares more about it than the current president does

Robbie Martin: With arms, why do you think the president has sort of dragged his feet?

Robert Kagan: Uh, because he said to me because he doesn’t want to get into a nuclear war with Russia.

Robbie Martin: That’s literally what he said?

Robert Kagan: Yeah, I don’t think…he’s not…he’s through with his agenda with Putin, I don’t think he cares about Putin anymore at all, I think he’s hopeless–uh, he thinks Putin is hopeless, but he says, he thinks Ukraine is part of Russian sphere of influence, and it means more to them than it means to us and therefore we shouldn’t escalate in a situation like that, that’s why he doesn’t want to send arms.

Robbie Martin: He actually said he doesn’t want a nuclear war over Ukraine?

Robert Kagan: He did, ‘I don’t want to have a nuclear war over Ukraine’–my response is well who do you want to have a nuclear war over? Do you want to have a nuclear war over Estonia? I’ll go down the list, Germany?  If that’s your going in position, then okay, fine. Whatever nuclear countries don’t want, we won’t do

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Antagonizing Russia by expanding NATO to provide vague security benefits to small Central and Eastern European states isn't a very good strategy.

Hemming in Russia is fine regardless of how much they balk at it; They're just losing the game. Also, the security benefits are not vague to these countries considering how Russia has kept their satellite countries in line.