Boulder/Denver Colorado Falcons Fans?

Ironhead 34

Hi everyone. I have just relocated to Boulder, CO from the ATL.

And no, the sting of Super Bowl 33 is not gone...

Any Falcons fans out here? Any Falcons bars? How bout UGA?

And an aside- anybody tried to get through an SEC/NFL football season with SlingTV? I've heard horror stories but Sling is giving me NFL Network/Redzone, SEC Network, HBO, all the ESPNs, all the major networks and a bunch of other channels for less than Direct TV will give me The 24 Hour Preacher Channel and QVC Channel package. Plus there's some weird local sports blackout tax or something. Still haven't quite figured that one out.

So yeah- Boulder Falcons/UGA bars and trying to watch football on SLingTV...go!

Edited by Ironhead 34

58 minutes ago, Ironhead 34 said:

Hi everyone. I have just relocated to Boulder, CO from the ATL.

And no, the sting of Super Bowl 33 is not gone...

Any Falcons fans out here? Any Falcons bars? How bout UGA?

And an aside- anybody tried to get through an SEC/NFL football season with SlingTV? I've heard horror stories but Sling is giving me NFL Network/Redzone, SEC Network, HBO, all the ESPNs, all the major networks and a bunch of other channels for less than Direct TV will give me The 24 Hour Preacher Channel and QVC Channel package. Plus there's some weird local sports blackout tax or something. Still haven't quite figured that one out.

So yeah- Boulder Falcons/UGA bars and trying to watch football on SLingTV...go!

Hi Friend,

There's actually quite a strong Falcon fanbase in Colorado... check the Falcons/Broncos thread I bumped to get to know a few...

6 hours ago, jamesmasen said:

Welcome to one of the greatest states! I live in south Denver. The fainting goat is a Falcons bar DT.

I know where The Fainting Goat is. Our friend owns Angelo's Taverna. Drove by The Fainting Goat on the way to dinner there the other night. 

Great info! Thanks!

@Ironhead 34

So I can't tell you whether there's a Falcons bar in Boulder or not,  but my guess is that there is not.  As far as Denver goes,  the best I've seen is a sports bar called The Fainting Goat.  The owner is an Atlanta fan and technically it's a Falcons bar.  Out of all Falcons fans I've ever met out here,  over half of them I've met there.

I am so ******* excited about the Broncos Falcons game.  I'll be there 1 row back pretty close to the Falcons bench. 

10 hours ago, Padawan Knight said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Call me out from the shadows why don't ya? LOL

@Ironhead 34 are you on Facebook at all? There are 2 UGA alumni association chapters in Colorado. I'm planning to watch the first game of the season with the Denver group.

Lol didn't mean to reveal you from that little cave you've been living in.  :lol: Everybody already knows us Coloradans live like barbarians anyway. 

Hmmm... I'm trying to place where that bar is? ...

Is it close to the breakfast King Restaurant? I have seen it but it's hard to picture right now. I've lived and grew up in Castlerock. I have heard of the bar but sadly I didn't ever get around to check it out might go there soon though depen5on circumstances but CO'S an amazing place. Though everyone's moving there for the wrong reasons. Don't get caught driving High in Mile high... three strike law for it is in affect I know 5 people that has had there DL suspended for 5 years for it. There been some fatalities from smoking and driving since it's been legal there. So be smart and enjoy the outside like your suppose to. Climb Castlerock. I've done that at least 100 times and that's probably a legit understatement. 

The owner of the new pizza joint in Castlerock also plays the Falcons Games as he's from Atlanta as well. I believe it's on main right next to the Douglas County Library. He also plays the Denver games and just asks for donations so he can keep NFL ticket in the restaurant. Just look for the guy completely decked out with face painting jerseys hats and Falcons Music. He loves the Falcons on Top song by SevenDust. You really can't miss the guy. Lol if your wearing a falcons jersey he'll buy you rounds all night to lol. No joke. Love the guy. He's name Teddy. 

• 4 weeks later...
On August 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Atlfanstckndenver said:

I'm going to save this page so I can have all the Denver Falcons available for reference so we can get something going this year to watch some Falcons games. 

Nice! I'll do the same. It'll be great to watch a few games with some fellow Falcons.

On August 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Padawan Knight said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Call me out from the shadows why don't ya? LOL

@Ironhead 34 are you on Facebook at all? There are 2 UGA alumni association chapters in Colorado. I'm planning to watch the first game of the season with the Denver group.

I am- I am on Colorado Dawgs but that's the only one.