5 Falcons Who Helped Their Cause Vs. The Redskins

kwill770

ATLANTA – If an NFL player finds himself on a roster bubble in August, it’s typically a good idea to use his time in preseason game action to shine for the coaching staff. That’s exactly what happened with these Falcons who needed a good showing Thursday night versus Washington.

Here are five Falcons who helped their cause versus the Redskins:

Aldrick Robinson, WR – Robinson had been showing flashes of brilliance through two weeks of camp already, but the final few spots at wide receiver on the Falcons depth chart will be highly contested.

Not only did Robinson catch three passes (tied for the team lead) for 118 yards (game high), but two of his receptions were on explosive plays of 68 yards and 47. On both long receptions, Robinson easily burst out and away from his defender in coverage, proving he can take the top off a defense.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2016/08/12/5-falcons-who-helped-their-cause-vs-the-redskins/

1 hour ago, dmo_dlo said:

I think McKissic is likely to take Weems spot.

to soon to tell --they normally keep 6

4. Julio, Sanu, Robinson, Hardy

then 3. Fuller, Nick Williams, Weems

and 3. Leslie, McKissic, Glidden

newly signed 1. Corey Washington

I would not even say that Weems had a spot to be taken from him

4 hours ago, JC Falcon said:

Haven't seen full game, but I did see Wilds fumble late game in the middle which was not mentioned.  That never helps a RB. 

Lots of folks are giving Wilds a ton of credit but about 80% of his yards can be accredited to one guy...Wes Schweitzer at RG.

Schaub and Robinson have a history together......... Looked good and Ryan will benefit from it.........

The two also were together last season in Baltimore's camp. "I worked with him a lot last year," Schaub said. "So I kind of just picked up where we left off."

15 minutes ago, GTBF54 said:

Schaub and Robinson have a history together......... Looked good and Ryan will benefit from it.........

The two also were together last season in Baltimore's camp. "I worked with him a lot last year," Schaub said. "So I kind of just picked up where we left off."

Wow, I didn't realize Robinson was with the Ravens last offseason.  I thought he was just out of football the entire year.  No wonder he and Schaub had that good chemistry, having worked together last summer.