Wow, How About Sanu, Hardy, Robinson and McKissic!

gazoo

Sanu looked really good out there running routes. He was open a lot, and ran very crisp to routes. He's a big boy and was really fluid out of his cuts and going across middle. He was super impressive to me.

Hardy, just as I have been saying, is Mr 3rd down. Tonight, when Shaub needed to convert and 3rd and long Hardy finds a hole in the zone and makes the money catch.

Alderick Robinson, what can I say? Wow. He made a fantastic adjustment on the underthrown deep ball of Shaubs and totally burned the CB to get open. I've been saying the only thing this offense doesn't have at its disposal with all its various weapons, is a deep threat to stretch field against certain match ups. I still think Fuller can be that guy but 4 Year veteran Robinson may turn out to take that role.

JD McKissic, who is this dude? He hit that hole and was gone. He's not that fast with a 4.57 40 at his pro day, but he's got good vision and has good game speed.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

That really is going to be one **** of a battle. I honestly couldn't list off my preferred depth chart right now.

I had a concern about WR depth after JJ, Sanu and Hardy but I'm slightly more comforted now.  McKissic keeps those kind of returns up and we got our replacement for Hester!

10 hours ago, gazoo said:

Sanu looked really good out there running routes. He was open a lot, and ran very crisp to routes. He's a big boy and was really fluid out of his cuts and going across middle. He was super impressive to me.

Hardy, just as I have been saying, is Mr 3rd down. Tonight, when Shaub needed to convert and 3rd and long Hardy finds a hole in the zone and makes the money catch.

Alderick Robinson, what can I say? Wow. He made a fantastic adjustment on the underthrown deep ball of Shaubs and totally burned the CB to get open. I've been saying the only thing this offense doesn't have at its disposal with all its various weapons, is a deep threat to stretch field against certain match ups. I still think Fuller can be that guy but 4 Year veteran Robinson may turn out to take that role.

JD McKissic, who is this dude? He hit that hole and was gone. He's not that fast with a 4.57 40 at his pro day, but he's got good vision and has good game speed.

To me seems like some guys can haul *** but can't get that 40 dash right. Game speed is important. 

4 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

To me seems like some guys can haul *** but can't get that 40 dash right. Game speed is important. 

Yeah, McKissic had a pedestrian 40 yard dash at his pro day , but he really accelerated through that hole on that kickoff return. Sanu was open a lot, got out of his breaks fast. Robinson does have 4.40 speed which was evident

19 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

Who do you cut then for Mckissic?  Weems? Nick Williams? Devin Fuller?  I don't think Mckissic makes the team.

1. Jones
2. Sanu
3. Hardy (PR)
4. Robinson
5. Williams
6. McKissic (KR)

Practice squad: Fuller

Cut: Weems

Just my personal opinion, so far.  If we keep 7 WRs again, then Weems stays on the squad but is probably a gameday inactive barring injury.

Nothing against Weems, who has always been one of my favorite players.  But I think everyone else offers more upside as a receiver or returner than he does, and he's not that good of a ST player to keep around just for his kick coverage skills.

Not sure we will keep 7 WRs on 53 this year like last but if we don't, it's going to be a really hard cut.  Weems is the obvious 7th man but even he played decent last night and he is a known quantity.  Although Fuller didn't shine much in game, he has been solid in TC, I think we hold onto him (PS) unless he falls off.

Robinson blew me away with his speed opens up the game with his vertical threat

Hardy Mr. 3rd down always finds an opening

Sanu crisp routes big boy will flourish in this system

McKissic to soon to tell but if he keeps showing out anything is possible

Plus gotta give a shout out to Campbell and Jones played lights out for their first game how refreshing it is to have that kind of speed

More cut Weems thread just like last year. Weems makes big plays in REAL games and has been a top special teams ace and team leader for years. 

I don't know what you guys were watching but 

1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

1. Jones
2. Sanu
3. Hardy (PR)
4. Robinson
5. Williams
6. McKissic (KR)

Practice squad: Fuller

Just my personal opinion, so far.  If we keep 7 WRs again, then Weems stays on the squad but is probably a gameday inactive barring injury.

Nothing against Weems, who has always been one of my favorite players.  But I think everyone else offers more upside as a receiver or returner than he does, and he's not that good of a ST player to keep around just for his kick coverage skills.

Weems is one of the best special teams players in the league bar none. He has consistently shown he plays big in the regular season against 1st team talent.  This love for new unknown quantities reminds me of the Reedy love over the past couple of seasons. 

Robinson solidified his position, but Williams and McKissic really haven't done enough to warrant cutting a know exceptional player. 

How tall is McKissic? He looks 5'9 but built solid. Speed isn't always the best thing for returns. Vision is more important. If you find the holes you can take anything back, since you are running one direction and all of them are running the opposite. 

1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

Just my personal opinion, so far.  If  he's not that good of a ST player to keep around just for his kick coverage skills.

He kinda is that good of a ST player....fearless on coverage. With the punter that we have, that coverage is crucial for the field position game....williams is gone if anyone is cut

1 minute ago, trubirdfan4life said:

He kinda is that good of a ST player....fearless on coverage. With the punter that we have, that coverage is crucial for the field position game....williams is gone if anyone is cut

That ST penalty setting the offense at the 1 was pretty stupid for a good ST player.

Based off last year I think we can safely assume that there will be a total of 13 eligible receivers that will make the roster. We can assume at a minimum there will be 3 RBs 5 WRs and 2 TEs. I think barring injury it is safe to assume those spots will look like this

RB

Freeman

Coleman

DiMarco

WR

Jones

Sanu

Hardy

Robinson

Williams

TE

Tamme

Hooper

That leaves 3 spots for the most likely candidates of Toliolo Ward Fuller Wilds Weems and McKissic on the bubble. 

I personally think we go with 3 TE this year and Toliolo has proven his worth so put him on the roster. That leaves 5 players for 2 spots.

I would also be surprised if we didn't have  4 total RB so put one of Wilds or Ward on the roster. Ward is currently hurt but Wilds was also a mixed bag last night. It's too early to tell who will stick as the third Tailback but we should assume 1 makes the roster. 

That leaves 1 spot for Fuller Weems and McKissic. A few things to consider for this spot. Is this the primary returner? How good must this player be at receiver? I believe that neither of these are a must but competence at both is required. That leads me to believe Weems has the inside track given his overall versatility. If Fuller or McKissic were to make it it would have to be as the primary returner. 

Anyway that's what I think we're looking at.

2 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

On returns, it's more about cahones than speed. You have to just sell out and go straight at the defenders running toward you and force them to turn sideways for fear you're going to run over them instead of the other way around.

40 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That ST penalty setting the offense at the 1 was pretty stupid for a good ST player.

I have seen Tom Brady get an intentional grounding on his first pass of a playoff game. Who doesnt get penalties? They all are pretty stupid.

Preseason game #1. He committed a penalty....cut the guy. Matt Ryan was 0 for 4...cut the guy.

Hilarious.

2 hours ago, peoriabird said:

Who do you cut then for Mckissic?  Weems? Nick Williams? Devin Fuller?  I don't think Mckissic makes the team.

i think all of the above.... I think Fuller took a step back last night.  Weems is an ace on STso he may be kept, Williams and Fuller are on the early bubble, but its still early lets see how it plays out, but right now he;s above the rest.

1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

Based off last year I think we can safely assume that there will be a total of 13 eligible receivers that will make the roster. We can assume at a minimum there will be 3 RBs 5 WRs and 2 TEs. I think barring injury it is safe to assume those spots will look like this

RB

Freeman

Coleman

DiMarco

WR

Jones

Sanu

Hardy

Robinson

Williams

TE

Tamme

Hooper

That leaves 3 spots for the most likely candidates of Toliolo Ward Fuller Wilds Weems and McKissic on the bubble. 

I personally think we go with 3 TE this year and Toliolo has proven his worth so put him on the roster. That leaves 5 players for 2 spots.

I would also be surprised if we didn't have  4 total RB so put one of Wilds or Ward on the roster. Ward is currently hurt but Wilds was also a mixed bag last night. It's too early to tell who will stick as the third Tailback but we should assume 1 makes the roster. 

That leaves 1 spot for Fuller Weems and McKissic. A few things to consider for this spot. Is this the primary returner? How good must this player be at receiver? I believe that neither of these are a must but competence at both is required. That leads me to believe Weems has the inside track given his overall versatility. If Fuller or McKissic were to make it it would have to be as the primary returner. 

Anyway that's what I think we're looking at.

Dimarco is not a RB. He's a FB so that 3rd RB spot is probably Wilds right now. Ward being hurt didn't help his cause.