Someone wearing No. 7 ?!!!

A b

39 minutes ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Actually there are four numbers retired by the Atlanta Falcons:

10 - Steve Bartkowski

31 - William Andrews

57 - Jeff Van Note

60 - Tommy Nobis

Nope. They may be out of circulation (meaning not given out randomly but could be worn under special circumstances) but the Falcons do not officially retire numbers. It's listed right on their website.

The Atlanta Falcons organization doesn't officially retire jersey numbers, but considers certain player's jerseys worthy of being honored. The Falcons Ring of Honor, which is featured in the rafters of the Georgia Dome, honors individual players and not jerseys.

Link

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. They may be out of circulation (meaning not given out randomly but could be worn under special circumstances) but the Falcons do not officially retire numbers. It's listed right on their website.

The Atlanta Falcons organization doesn't officially retire jersey numbers, but considers certain player's jerseys worthy of being honored. The Falcons Ring of Honor, which is featured in the rafters of the Georgia Dome, honors individual players and not jerseys.

Link

OK, I stand corrected. However, "officially" retired or not, I think it safe to say that no Falcons player will ever again wear the four numbers listed. This is most especially true for #60.

11 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

OK, I stand corrected. However, "officially" retired or not, I think it safe to say that no Falcons player will ever again wear the four numbers listed. This is most especially true for #60.

It would have to be special circumstances. For example, when Jerry Rice went to the Seahawks they already had #81 retired for Steve Largent but Largent gave his blessing for Rice to wear it. It would have to be something like that.

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Link

as far as I'm concerned its retired if no one has worn it the past 20 years.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It would have to be special circumstances. For example, when Jerry Rice went to the Seahawks they already had #81 retired for Steve Largent but Largent gave his blessing for Rice to wear it. It would have to be something like that.

You mean #80 right?