Matt Shaub knows

chazbykr

1 hour ago, tactician said:

Matt does not fit in this offense. Just accept it. Fit is everything in pro football. We are in the era of specialization. Cover 2 corners. Third down running backs. 3 techniques, 5 techniques, and on and on. Its no different for quarterbacks. Get an O coordinator that fits what Matt does best, which is reading defenses and throwing from the pocket.

So you're telling me Matt doesn't read defenses or pass from the pocket anymore?? OMG!! Smh. This just doesn't make sense. ALL quarterbacks have to read a defense. It's called pre snap read. You think Matt is going up to the line and just hiking the ball and not reading ANY keys?? So that also means Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Ben Rothlesburger, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Tedy Bridgewater, Randall Cunningham, Payton Manning(last year with Broncos), Donavan McNabb, Joe Flacco and every WCO qb it's ever been doesn't read defenses? They just turn their backs to the defense and throw the ball wherever huh? Ok. Il take your word for it. 

Seriously tho, EVERY qb reads defenses. Everyone of them. Some are better than others because they can see the whole field and others can only read half the field until they develop but read they will if the plan to play at the nfl level. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

So you're telling me Matt doesn't read defenses or pass from the pocket anymore?? OMG!! Smh. This just doesn't make sense. ALL quarterbacks have to read a defense. It's called pre snap read. You think Matt is going up to the line and just hiking the ball and not reading ANY keys?? So that also means Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Russell Wilson, Ben Rothlesburger, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway, Tedy Bridgewater, Randall Cunningham, Payton Manning(last year with Broncos), Donavan McNabb, Joe Flacco and every WCO qb it's ever been doesn't read defenses? They just turn their backs to the defense and throw the ball wherever huh? Ok. Il take your word for it. 

Seriously tho, EVERY qb reads defenses. Everyone of them. Some are better than others because they can see the whole field and others can only read half the field until they develop but read they will if the plan to play at the nfl level. 

my one complaint since the start of the matt Ryan era is sometimes he stares down the receiver but that is ok because he is tall and has a relatively accurate arm.

Schaub played well under Lil Shanny and he knows this offensive well!

Schaub has always played well when I watched him.

Ryan will get better in it this year.

No Doubt,

Cooter offensive was the perfect Offense for Ryan-especially when MR called the plays at the line.

With Our schedule its more than likely we will need both of them throughout the season.

MS was robbed by Refs in his Start verses the Pats for us back in the Day48862547_Cardinals_v_Falcons.jpg

4 minutes ago, tactician said:

Matt had more freedom to change out of plays and to run the no huddle in the previous offense. Now his reads are basically predetemined for the most part.

Oh, I get it.  You don't know what you're talking about.

Cool.

1 hour ago, iDash said:

Schaub played well under Lil Shanny and he knows this offensive well!

Schaub has always played well when I watched him.

Ryan will get better in it this year.

No Doubt,

Cooter offensive was the perfect Offense for Ryan-especially when MR called the plays at the line.

With Our schedule its more than likely we will need both of them throughout the season.

MS was robbed by Refs in his Start verses the Pats for us back in the Day48862547_Cardinals_v_Falcons.jpg

That is a horrible poem.

There really is nothing Matt Ryan could have done to silence his critics on his board. 0-4 didn't help but it isn't the end of the world. If he goes out there and goes 10-10 with 3 TDs it will be because we played the Browns and Julio is legit! 

Y'all are ridiculous. Schaub played against twos (with a 1 oline) and I found 3-4 of his passes would have been intercepted against the ones, and one of them could have been a pick six. Robinson bailed his *** out twice on the deep balls and one of those passes should have been an interception.  Call for Schaub and your a55es will be calling for his head on a platter after his second pick six. 

Matts first outing his was basically in the end zone with a busy pass rush. second was a 3 and out with a PI. 

Dont judge off basically what was one series. He was never allowed to get in rhythm but the defense got Schaub in good spots to start. We moved the ball well last year don't see why it will be an issue with even more weapons and a better oline. 

So many twos and threes did better than ones in all the preseason games so far. I wouldn't use these games as a reference for your original starters. 

Edited by droopy1592

Matt Ryan looked fine last night. What didn't look fine was the penalties, OL play, the terrible no call on the pass to Sanu, the drop by Robinson. All that happened when Ryan was in the game not to mention one of the drives starting on their own 1-yard line.

But trying to explain all that to people who have no clue about football is a complete waste of time because everything is Ryan's fault.