Things I will be watching tonight

jdawg4876

first and foremost RG, I actually think person will win the job from chester in the long run, and while I know folks hated him at center he actually held up well at the pt of attack and chester was seriously considering retiring this offseason. I think he will be the backup and we practice squad the late round rookie.

Wr depth- I am truly interested in the 4- 6th spots. I think we only keep 6 this yr bc I believe we will keel 3 TEs this yr. The two I will be watching most closely is fuller and Aldrick Robinson. I know what we got in williams and I think in hardy

RB- the number 3 spot is def up for grabs and I dont think it will be ward, so im curious. also want to see no fumbles from tevin

TE- Before injury I would have said tamme, hooper, and Levine were a lock. Now with injury im not sure about Levine.

on defense

The rotation on the frontline, really just trying to watch every player especially in the DT spot.

LBS lbs and lbs, I want to see that speed Im watching them twice as hard.

cb- I will be watching collins and goodwin of course

Safety- With neal most likely out I will be watching what ish can do with better players around him and im curious who is backing him up.

im not lying when I say this is the most pumped for a pre season game I have been, in close to a decade.

I am jacked for football any football, but in preseason game one ultimately just stay healthy and find those 2nd and 3rd tier guys that knock it up a notch on game day. Anybody that is behind the curve on Shanahan's 2 year to learn offense get them some game reps.

7 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I am jacked for football any football, but in preseason game one ultimately just stay healthy and find those 2nd and 3rd tier guys that knock it up a notch on game day. Anybody that is behind the curve on Shanahan's 2 year to learn offense get them some game reps.

What if that person is Matt Ryan?  Do you leave him in there and risk injury in a meaningless game?

I think the thing to watch out for is how the defense lines up. I am going to show actual footage from training camp and the most exciting thing I see about the defense is that they line up to attack.  You can tell a good defense just by how they look when they line up on the line of scrimmage.  When you see the D Line and you think they have a chance to blow right through the offensive line, you have a really good thing going.

As you can see, the defense looks big, physical and aggressive.  This will carry us to the playoffs if they keep the same mindset

I can tell that Quinn is getting the defensive tackles he wants.  Guys who can bull straight ahead and have enough size and athleticism to push back the pocket.  Tyson Jackson, Upshaw, Shelby all should be monsters inside.  No more relying on Babs,  Peria Jerry and Corey Peters

Edited by R_The_Great

Just now, Krosis said:

What if that person is Matt Ryan?  Do you leave him in there and risk injury in a meaningless game?

#1 Seriously doubt Ryan is struggling to pick up the offense in year 2, more about Sanu, Schaub, Hooper and others just now being in Shanahan's system.

#2 If he is the Falcons are screwed anyway

""TE- Before injury I would have said tamme, hooper, and Levine were a lock. Now with injury im not sure about Levine. ""

But I read on the home site that he has already returned to practice

ADDED still they say that Tielavea has shown good blocking skills during practice--and with Tamme and Fuller catching the ball what do you want your #3 TE to do best.

1 minute ago, delaigle said:

""TE- Before injury I would have said tamme, hooper, and Levine were a lock. Now with injury im not sure about Levine. ""

But I read on the home site that he has already returned to practice

has he thats good for him, last I heard he was getting a second opinion 

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

I think the thing to watch out for is how the defense lines up. I am going to show actual footage from training camp and the most exciting thing I see about the defense is that they line up to attack.  You can tell a good defense just by how they look when they line up on the line of scrimmage.  When you see the D Line and you think they have a chance to blow right through the offensive line, you have a really good thing going.

As you can see, the defense looks big, physical and aggressive.  This will carry us to the playoffs if they keep the same mindset

I can tell that Quinn is getting the defensive tackles he wants.  Guys who can bull straight ahead and have enough size and athleticism to push back the pocket.  Tyson Jackson, Upshaw, Shelby all should be monsters inside.  No more relying on Babs,  Peria Jerry and Corey Peters

babs can be great if they use him like they do freeney, he can still get upfield and disrupt the qb especially if its him aka babs, freeney, grady, clayborn, and beasly rushing from lb on a 3rd and long