Optimistic Speculation

Now this is by no means a hype post but my optimism is based on 4 different players and me willing to bet they perform. I honestly see us ending the season as a 11-5 team. I believe the Panthers take the division at 12-4 but we solidy the 5th seed. I believe if Ryan, Beasley, Neal and Campbell perform above average we are SB bound. My reasoning is this, 2012 Matty was surgical and at one point analyst were talking about him as a dark horse MVP candidate. If that Matty shows our O won't be stopped because we now also have an established run game to kill clocks. Beasley, we know what we have in Freeney, he is going to get to the passer. Question is can Beasley race Freeney to the passer consistently? If so, a couple of things will happen QBs timing will be off and force to dump the ball off or sack. Enter Campbell, the hype of this kid is undeniably euphoric throughout OTAs and TC if he translates that into game day then the dump offs to gain 10+ yards become a thing of the past. Enter Neal, the guy looks like an enforcer. So we won't be able to T off on the QB every passing down however, if Neal is really the stick of C4 he is portrayed to be, then QBs will then be looking more outside to target our CBs who I personally see as the best unit on our D. A couple of years ago I remember us saying we need about two years to fix our glaring holes on the roster. I for one believe we have done it and believe this Atlanta Falcon team will be the NFC representative for the Superbowl! 

Who's with me?

Edited by BleedBlack&Red

I like the enthusiasm and passion. I hope what you're saying comes to fruition. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic and excited either. Sometimes we set ourselves up for a letdown, but if there is any truth to this post, we could be in for a very special season. 

7 minutes ago, BleedBlack&Red said:

Now this is by no means a hype post but my optimism is based on 4 different players and me willing to bet they perform. I honestly see us ending the season as a 11-5 team. I believe the Panthers take the division at 12-4 but we solidy the 5th seed.

I believe if Ryan, Beasley, Neal and Campbell perform above average we are SB bound. My reasoning is this, 2012 Matty was surgical and at one point analyst were talking about him as a dark horse MVP candidate. If that Matty shows our O won't be stopped because we now also have an established run game to kill clocks.

Beasley, we know what we have in Freeney, he is going to get to the passer. Question is can Beasley race Freeney to the passer consistently? If so, a couple of things will happen QBs timing will be off and force to dump the ball off or sack.

Enter Campbell, the hype of this kid is undeniably euphoric throughout OTAs and TC if he translates that into game day then the dump offs to gain 10+ yards become a thing of the past.

Enter Neal, the guy looks like an enforcer. So we won't be able to T off on the QB every passing down however, if Neal is really the stick of C4 he is portrayed to be, then QBs will then be looking more outside to target our CBs who I personally see as the best unit on our D.

A couple of years ago I remember us saying we need about two years to fix our glaring holes on the roster. I for one believe we have done it and believe this Atlanta Falcon team will be the NFC representative for the Superbowl! 

Who's with me?

Paragraphs. You may not like 'em, but the rest of us certainly do. :sadwave:

12 minutes ago, BleedBlack&Red said:

Now this is by no means a hype post but my optimism is based on 4 different players and me willing to bet they perform. I honestly see us ending the season as a 11-5 team. I believe the Panthers take the division at 12-4 but we solidy the 5th seed. I believe if Ryan, Beasley, Neal and Campbell perform above average we are SB bound. My reasoning is this, 2012 Matty was surgical and at one point analyst were talking about him as a dark horse MVP candidate. If that Matty shows our O won't be stopped because we now also have an established run game to kill clocks. Beasley, we know what we have in Freeney, he is going to get to the passer. Question is can Beasley race Freeney to the passer consistently? If so, a couple of things will happen QBs timing will be off and force to dump the ball off or sack. Enter Campbell, the hype of this kid is undeniably euphoric throughout OTAs and TC if he translates that into game day then the dump offs to gain 10+ yards become a thing of the past. Enter Neal, the guy looks like an enforcer. So we won't be able to T off on the QB every passing down however, if Neal is really the stick of C4 he is portrayed to be, then QBs will then be looking more outside to target our CBs who I personally see as the best unit on our D. A couple of years ago I remember us saying we need about two years to fix our glaring holes on the roster. I for one believe we have done it and believe this Atlanta Falcon team will be the NFC representative for the Superbowl! 

Who's with me?

I'm with you.   Were going to surprise a lot of nay-sayers this year.  I'm hyped .

Im with ya , i think it is really possible, but with that said..

We have receivers who are new here and Matt hasn't worked with long. How long will it take them to get on the same page.

This is Matts second season in this system. He's a hard worker. How much better will he be in it? Is it really a good system for him?

Lastly, we have so many young players and players in new positions. There will be growing pains.

We have a tough schedule. With all these things considered, what will happen? I think it could go from one extreme to the other. Im feeling we are going to have a good year though, but i do realize the other side of it.