PSL Phase 10 - Latest pricing map... Sold out section update...

Capitalist

1 hour ago, AvidFalconFan said:

Hey Cap,

Can you verify that all Grey sections still have seats available and the blue/dark sections are sold out sections for this last season in the dome? If so, wow..

Thanks 

It is actually the opposite...  Seats still in dark blue areas...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, AvidFalconFan said:

If all the gray sections are completely sold out then they are selling many more season tickets this year than I expected after the psl announcement and fans giving up their tickets. 

This is more than likely a result of PSL's in the coming year, with fans not knowing when or if they will be able to attend a live game.

Plus the team looks like it will be Entertaining this season as well.

8 hours ago, Julio Pwns said:

Signed up for my PSL on Saturday. I got two seats in the 300's. Immediately after purchasing them I started to wonder, what happens when they don't sell out of PSL's and how pissed am I going to be when the seats around me go for half of what I paid. 

You will get a credit, just like the folks did before you when they lowered the PSLs earlier this year. 

IF they lower them again.

12 hours ago, Capitalist said:

Good deal...  Those were $1500 per, and they dropped them to $500 per...

That is a good deal $500 per on the 6th row. Now imagine if they offered that from the beginning. There would have been a positive buzz instead of a negative one. Regardless seems to be turning out like a lot here said it would. Corporate crowd and  single game opposing teams fans on the 1st and 2nd level. Hard core Falcons fans on the 3rd level, which just might turn into the best level to be on anyway. 100 yard bar is on the 3rd level isn't it?, much better view of the megatron video screen, and finally they aren't asking something unreasonable for PSL. Even though the $500 per is not official, and it probably has to be negotiated individually. Now all I want is it shown to me where the 6th row 3rd level in the Mercedes Benz stadium is in relationship to the Georgia Dome seating. 

2 hours ago, Leggggggo said:

PSLs are likely more volatile than stock markets...

Winning seasons = beating analyst expectations = prices rise...

Losing seasons = Shrinking profit margins = prices fall...

Steelers / Panthers are up... 49ers / Jets are down...

Here's a couple of articles that show even when they are up there can be issues.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/28661/why-panthers-psls-are-so-hard-to-sell-and-why-this-year-might-be-the-time-to-try/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/31/steelers-having-trouble-filling-stadium-for-night-games/

48 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Not really sure what you are trying to say with these articles...

The Steelers article says nothing about PSLs. It's in regards to fans NOT selling individual game tickets in which they are not attending (specifically Sunday night and Monday night games) due to likely work or life conflicts. The article is asking fans to try and sell the individual game tickets that aren't attending and for the team / NFL to promote the site in which those re-sales would happen so people know there is an avenue to individual game tickets. Also, it is from 2014.

The Panthers article is a lesson on what a PSL is. A depreciating asset. And how the market fluctuates based upon the teams success and how long term success is the key to higher prices. It clearly states that PSLs have sold for 3 times as much as their original sale point in 1995. As well as dipped below the original sale price as recently as in 2010. Which makes since as 15 years of the life of the PSL had been used up by 2010, thusly reducing it's guaranteed functional life by 50%. Who in their right mind would pay the same value of a product that only has a guaranteed life of 50% remaining?

21 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

Not really sure what you are trying to say with these articles...

The Steelers article says nothing about PSLs. It's in regards to fans NOT selling individual game tickets in which they are not attending (specifically Sunday night and Monday night games) due to likely work or life conflicts. The article is asking fans to try and sell the individual game tickets that aren't attending and for the team / NFL to promote the site in which those re-sales would happen so people know there is an avenue to individual game tickets. Also, it is from 2014.

The Panthers article is a lesson on what a PSL is. A depreciating asset. And how the market fluctuates based upon the teams success and how long term success is the key to higher prices. It clearly states that PSLs have sold for 3 times as much as their original sale point in 1995. As well as dipped below the original sale price as recently as in 2010. Which makes since as 15 years of the life of the PSL had been used up by 2010, thusly reducing it's guaranteed functional life by 50%. Who in their right mind would pay the same value of a product that only has a guaranteed life of 50% remaining?

LOL not trying to say anything just thought they were interesting aspects to PSL's and what can happen even in the best of situations. Mostly though Im viewing it from a normal fan's perspective, not the financial aspects eventhough the extremely high PSL prices make it an encroaching factor.  

Steelers for instance even with PSL sales values way up, are having trouble getting fans in for night games. This somewhat undercuts the home field advantage of a raucous sellout crowd, exactly what the every Falcons fan should want. Hope this doesn't happen in the cavernous Mercedes Benz stadium after awhile. You lose a lot of that excitement and buzz when the stadium isn't filled to brim with home town fans 

As explained by Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, three of the last four Monday night games played at Heinz Field have featured 9,125, 7,856, and 7,346 no-shows.  Last December’s Sunday night game against the Bengals had a whopping 19,627 no-shows.

Panthers situation speaks for itself back to back NFC south champs, NFC Champions price is high just when they are are in playing their best years and attending games is optimal, ie you don't want to sell. Yet you might never get a chance as good. Therefore you have a situation where long time fans might sell just to take advantage. Any reason a longtime fan has to stop attending games is ultimately not good for a franchise, even if they are replaced

Of course initially seats at MBS will be a relatively hot commodity, but after a couple of years Falcons had better be playing well, or attendence will have tremendous peaks and valleys losing the stability it had the last few years. When even the best success stories themselves had unintended repercussions might be time to revisit the business model, especially for a franchise without the storied history and rabid fan base like the Steelers. Like Ive always said I just want a full stadium of loud screaming Falcons fans anything that doesn't help that happen, lowers the value of attending a game live.

8 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Panthers situation speaks for itself back to back NFC south champs, NFC Champions price is high just when they are are in playing their best years and attending games is optimal, ie you don't want to sell. Yet you might never get a chance as good. Therefore you have a situation where long time fans might sell just to take advantage. Any reason a longtime fan has to stop attending games is ultimately not good for a franchise, even if they are replaced.

Wait, what? Are you seriously arguing that the Panthers will have a problem because they have been so successful that lifelong fans will sell their PSLs to maximize their profits? I think you are really missing out on why fans buy PSLs to start with.

I believe most fans buy PSLs so they can be guaranteed that they will be able to get the seats they want every year. The resale price is actually pretty irrelevant. Of course, we would prefer that any asset we own has a higher intrinsic value, but lifelong fans would rarely want to sell their beloved seats that allow them to participate in the team's success just to make a few bucks. I, and I suspect most PSL holders, never plan to sell their PSLs.

8 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

Wait, what? Are you seriously arguing that the Panthers will have a problem because they have been so successful that lifelong fans will sell their PSLs to maximize their profits? I think you are really missing out on why fans buy PSLs to start with.

I believe most fans buy PSLs so they can be guaranteed that they will be able to get the seats they want every year. The resale price is actually pretty irrelevant. Of course, we would prefer that any asset we own has a higher intrinsic value, but lifelong fans would rarely want to sell their beloved seats that allow them to participate in the team's success just to make a few bucks. I, and I suspect most PSL holders, never plan to sell their PSLs.

Did you even read the article? I doubt it... It was about difficulty in selling them over the years and now might be a good time. And even the Panthers still have PSL's available,along with what is available on secondary market. All after back to back NFC South and deep playoff runs.  

More than 61,000 were sold, raking in more than $150 million for the franchise. Costs at the time ranged from $600 to $5,400. You can still buy a handful from the Panthers organization today, and costs range from $20,000 for lower-level mid-field to $1,000 for the nosebleeds.

But there are many more available on the secondary market. The prices have varied wildly over the years, and it can be hard to sell them.

“It is not the most liquid of assets,” said Greg Carl, president of online marketplace site PSL Source. “Sellers generally far outnumber buyers regardless of the situation of the team.”

from the article in the link..... Note the many more on secondary market......

3 hours ago, esmithidoc said:

Also note the caption above the last section, "New Buyers Are Coming In". I'm not saying PSLs are good, but they are currently the only way NFL owners have come up with to pay for expensive new state-of-the-art stadiums without dumping the cost on the taxpayer.

Dumping it on the the taxpayers is just as asinine, as is worrying how 7.24 billion industry is going to pay for it themselves and think oh well they need PSL's. Jerry Jones just built a 1.6 billion dollar practice facility, LOL atleast it will used for high school football too. I am all for capitalism and the American way, but

Got a feeling when the owners meet they discuss how much they were able to get from a city or county and just laugh. Because why build it with your own money when you can convince some schmuck to invest in it.

The NFL makes enough MONEY... and **** I'm not against PSLs totally, price them fairly and with your fan base in mind , here in Atlanta they severely over priced them cutting out many long time season ticket holders, that will probably decrease if not killi the real football fan experience. The drop in 2016 season ticket holders is a consequence, as many said forget this I'm out in 2017 anyway. All the while Falcons interest should be surging with Dan Quinn and the improvements to the team.

As the Panthers article said many of their PSLs are held corporately and will never be sold to the public. So they are as much as Bank of Americas team as Charlotte's. The key is finding a balance of corporate sponsors and average fans, that was the issue with the Steelers that have have plenty of fans to pack every game,but on those inconvenient night games the casual corporate or high end STH decided not to attend when an average Steeler fan would have loved to go was frozen out.

From the USA today article link below.

The risk for the NFL is that it might price out everyday, jersey-wearing fans, who might decide they'd rather watch games on high-definition TV anyway. Attendance accounts for only about about 25 percent of NFL revenue, and at times there have been signs of sagging demand. Three of the NFL's four first-round playoff games this year struggled to sell out. Will fans keep going to games if the price keeps rising and the view is better on TV?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2014/01/30/super-bowl-nfl-revenue-denver-broncos-seattle-seahawks/5061197/

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/how_much_money_did_the_nfl_rak.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/20/9006401/nfl-teams-revenue-tv-deal-7-billion

The NFL brought in enough money last year to pay for 10 Pluto missions.

For the Packers themselves, they also reported a record of $375.7 million in revenue in 2014, up more than $50 million from the previous year.

The NFL split a massive $7.24 billion in revenue with all 32 teams last season. Each team received $226.4 million as part of the split, most of which comes from the various television deals. The numbers come from the Green Bay Packers' annual financial report, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

If you're having trouble grasping the meaning of that massive amount of money, the NFL would qualify as one of the richest countries on the world, at least according to Wikipedia. Their numbers would put them somewhere in the 145 range. The league would rank somewhere around No. 50 overall when it comes to private companies as well, according to this list from Forbes.

More comparisons to help put $7.24 billion in context:

I have read many board posters complaining that the PSLs were priced too high for the average fan. I'm curious as to what people think a fair price should be.

I totally understand that fans who had 40-50 yard-line seats are upset that their seats became very expensive Club seats, but the truth is that they were paying WAY below market price for those seats. This is evident by noting that if anyone who had 45 yard-line seats and drops them today will have them snatched up in mere seconds by someone else. It is also evident that the market price for those seats is a 45k PSL price and $375/game ticket price, because those seats are sold out on both sides of the stadium.

The NFL is a very successful business. Pointing out how successful in business they have been while arguing that they are stupid in their decision-making makes no sense. They have been successful because they have been remarkably adept at determining what fans want and doing what it takes to keep fans interested (and spending money). Will the new stadium create enough excitement to fill the seats? I'm betting it will, but time will tell. The NFL has made some mistakes, but the odds are in their favor of getting it right.

55 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

I have read many board posters complaining that the PSLs were priced too high for the average fan. I'm curious as to what people think a fair price should be.

I totally understand that fans who had 40-50 yard-line seats are upset that their seats became very expensive Club seats, but the truth is that they were paying WAY below market price for those seats. This is evident by noting that if anyone who had 45 yard-line seats and drops them today will have them snatched up in mere seconds by someone else. It is also evident that the market price for those seats is a 45k PSL price and $375/game ticket price, because those seats are sold out on both sides of the stadium.

The NFL is a very successful business. Pointing out how successful in business they have been while arguing that they are stupid in their decision-making makes no sense. They have been successful because they have been remarkably adept at determining what fans want and doing what it takes to keep fans interested (and spending money). Will the new stadium create enough excitement to fill the seats? I'm betting it will, but time will tell. The NFL has made some mistakes, but the odds are in their favor of getting it right.

Didn't say the NFL was stupid. They can be very smart astute and opportunistic financially and it still not be in the best interest of the average fan.

I implied it was asinine for taxpayers and the public to think an industry the brought in 7 plus billion dollars a year needs PSLs cause they can't afford to build a stadium. PSL's are just another revenue source that gets the stadium out of the red into black quicker than just attendance revenue, which benefits no one but the owner and the NFL partners in the 7 plus billion dollar a year business.

Yay for the owners, but for the average fan it seems they aren't a consideration, beyond 2 dollar hotdogs

I do think your comment on new stadiums creating excitement speaks volumes, the average fan would watch a good football game with thier home team in a cow pasture and be happy, I know I would.  Maybe now in the NFL there is so much money involved, and each owner is literally playing keep up the with the Jones's that there is no place for that fan thats just enjoys the game itself. And as for the new stadium excitement that to will wear off after a while, just like it did for the Georgia Dome and if the Falcons aren't  playing well attendance will drop then so will the prices and then a lot of average fans will return. Till then I got Tech(yuck) or Georgia State with reasonable ticket prices and HD TV with my recliner for the NFL.  

A few perspectives:

Doc is right...  The 45k PSL's must have been priced correctly...  Because they sold out...

That said, the 300 level has been discounted 35-65% in major areas...  With over a year to go...  Which is essentially an admission that the price was too high...

From a revenue perspective, a $45,000 PSL is equal to 90 $500 PSL's...  So that selling out the expensive ones is most important...

Until we get closer to 2017, it is hard to tell with certainty...  But in my opinion about 60-70% of PSL's were priced too high...  If they had mimicked the Vikings pricing model they would likely be at 70% sold instead of less than 50%...

Wildcard is team performance this year...  TBA

I have fellow fans who are multi millionaires, and I have some that are on social security or disability...  Those fans scrimped and saved for years to be able to go to games...  They can not or will not buy PSL's...

I am a capitalist in the truest form...  But leaving these types of fans by the wayside in 2017 still hurts...

15 hours ago, esmithidoc said:

I believe most fans buy PSLs so they can be guaranteed that they will be able to get the seats they want every year. 

I was able to keep my seats every year at the Dome.  What does a PSL have to do with that? 

H*ll, I was even able to upgrade or downgrade if I wished.  Not with a PSL... If your seat neighbor is a drunk who cusses like a sailor, weighs so much they come over into your seat, or has awful BO...guess what....enjoy the next 30 years.