Looks like Falcons made right decision to pass on Randy Gregory

30 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Collins and Gregory were punished under separate and distinct policies. Which has substantive implications for the likelihood of future violations. 

Yeah as far as we know, this is the 1st test Collins has tested positive for in the NFL. PEDs= 4 games.

This is the 4th positive for Gregory since entering the league . With his disorder and method of treatment, I never thought he would contribute much in this league. Hope he turns it around even if he is a Cowboy.

Edited by jeffro2000

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yes.  That's why he was so good last year.  Let's see...7 tackles,  4 assists, 0 for everything else (sacks, PDs, FF).  He had issues before the draft and still has them.  Technique and all that is great for offseason discussion but dude didn't do **** last year.   Say what you want, Beasley was all in people's faces but needs to introduce said faces to the turf (preferably with the ball still in their hand or bouncing nearby).  I don't care how a guy gets to the QB, just get there and finish.

We got the best pass rusher in the 2015 draft looking back at the top prospects.  Be happy we didn't get the others who weren't as good as Beasley last year.

What do stats have to do with technique?  Obviously he wasnt on the field due to a high ankle sprain.  Before that he showed flashes of what he was capable of.

Beasley lacks technique and a variety of pass rush moves.  These are things I vehemently tried to point out before we drafted him.  These are things that became overwhelming obvious as the year went on.  These are things that have swirled around Beasley ability in the pros this whole offseason.

To say that he proved otherwise last season would be a bold faced lie.  He was not in anybody's face as you claim.  He played alright but he proved he needs to develop more than just a speed rush.  

We picked him 8th overall.  He had better show it this year.

6 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

What do stats have to do with technique?  Obviously he wasnt on the field due to a high ankle sprain.  Before that he showed flashes of what he was capable of.

Beasley lacks technique and a variety of pass rush moves.  These are things I vehemently tried to point out before we drafted him.  These are things that became overwhelming obvious as the year went on.  These are things that have swirled around Beasley ability in the pros this whole offseason.

To say that he proved otherwise last season would be a bold faced lie.  He was not in anybody's face as you claim.  He played alright but he proved he needs to develop more than just a speed rush.  

We picked him 8th overall.  He had better show it this year.

I would hope that this awesome technique would be effective enough to be seen as a stat (results).   I mean that's what teams pay for right?!  He got hurt early in the season but was back for 7 games so let's not rewrite history to explain away poor results.

Speaking of technique, it seems not all agreed with your analysis...

From NFL.COM

WEAKNESSES

Thin through trunk and will play with a narrow base, causing balance issues. Almost always last player out of his stance at snap. Technique and feel as pass rusher lacking at this point. Thinks rather than plays. Takes occasional false steps as stand-up rusher. Time-waster. Too much time stutter-stepping tackles rather than exploding upfield. Fails to stress the high side of tackles to get them rocking. Makes it too easy for tackles to quick-set him. Plays man in front of him rather than "seeing through" to quarterback. Lacks creativity as rusher. Gets punched with his shoulders still squared rather than on an angle, which robs ability to turn edge. Doesn't process what he sees very quickly. Marginal play strength in pass rush and can be redirected. Was manhandled by Wisconsin blockers on two long touchdown runs by Melvin Gordon. Issues with positive drug tests are a significant concern.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 2 or 3

SOURCES TELL US

"He's super raw, but those physical tools are through the roof. That's why you pay coaches." -- NFC scouting director

NFL COMPARISON

Barkevious Mingo

BOTTOM LINE

A 3-4 outside linebacker with the length, toughness and closing burst to immediately help a run defense. Gregory could stand to add more weight to his frame and needs plenty of technique work and a patient coach for his pass-rush skill to match his traits. Gregory's draft stock has been clouded with a positive drug test at the combine to go with failed tests for marijuana while at Nebraska. High-ceiling, low-floor prospect.

OR

From SI.com

Gregory, a junior college transfer, played just two years at Nebraska. His lack of refinement and experience is evident. He is far from a finished product; he needs to develop more pass-rush moves (he could be devastating with a spin move) and counters, and he will get better if he takes coaching well.

So maybe you saw something they didn't.  Either way it doesn't matter, he is not going to displaying that "technique" at all.  I'll take Beasley who actually helped his team by pressuring the QB, getting a few sacks, defended a few passes, getting a pick and forcing two fumbles...oh and I forgot, he doesn't need a nanny. No doubt Beasley needs to get better but the idea you are even comparing these two is pretty mind-blowing.

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

True. The difference is people laugh at my posts because every once in a while I'm funny. That's not why they're laughing at yours.

not trying to be funny, thats the difference man, are you serious? what a fing joke

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

You know what....if that's what you took from that post I'm just going to leave you be. 

feeling is mutual what i have found here, and not you but there is a click, ok no big deal but i am not gonna change my thoughts, i coach for a living real talk, take it how you want, i have been on many falcons boards during my lifetime and I find this one is the most one sided, not a bad thing at all but dont expect me to agree with the disney falcons

10 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

feeling is mutual what i have found here, and not you but there is a click, ok no big deal but i am not gonna change my thoughts, i coach for a living real talk, take it how you want, i have been on many falcons boards during my lifetime and I find this one is the most one sided, not a bad thing at all but dont expect me to agree with the disney falcons

Dude, the majority of your posts are "ha he sucks" with no explanation behind it and then when someone calls you out on it you respond with "blah corky blah". In this case it's not the board that's the problem, it's you. If you have an opinion you should have more to back it up than calling someone "corky". "Negative" opinions are completely fine but you should have actual facts to back it up if challenged. You usually don't. By usually I mean never.

If you're a coach offer some kind of insight into formations or defensive assignments and what they mean. People on here eat that **** up. 

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Dude, the majority of your posts are "ha he sucks" with no explanation behind it and then when someone calls you out on it you respond with "blah corky blah". In this case it's not the board that's the problem, it's you. If you have an opinion you should have more to back it up than calling someone "corky". "Negative" opinions are completely fine but you should have actual facts to back it up if challenged. You usually don't. By usually I mean never.

If you're a coach offer some kind of insight into formations or defensive assignments and what they mean. People on here eat that **** up. 

i real respond as i am quoted, if i do voice an opinion and then talk down upon i will call you a corky, now please inbox me with evidence mod

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

i real respond as i am quoted, if i do voice an opinion and then talk down upon i will call you a corky, now please inbox me with evidence mod

You know I'm not a mod anymore, right? I was just attempting to give you some semi friendly advice. Take it or leave it.

58 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I wish you still had ban hammer privaleges.

I don't.

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I do continuously love the "negative" posters who come on, act like *****, and then get all defensive when they're called on it, like the board is anti-negative. 

Once again I will say: 2 things

1. Fans wanting to defend their team and hoping good things for them, is normal, not strange. If you think otherwise, then you really need to take a long hard look at your own fandom.

2. There is plenty of negativity on this board which doesn't get you ripped on. It's all in how you post it, and oh yeah, posting something positive once and a while so you seem like an actual fan helps too.