Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC Falcon

Vick felt bad for defenders. Dominated too much.

105 posts in this topic

The most depressing thing about Vick is that he truly was given the gift to be the most dominate QB in NFL history. He could have been the first ever QB to pass for 4000 and run for 1000 in a season. But he truly just leaned on his physical gifts and had such a terrible mental approach to the game. He couldn't read defenses and admitted later that he didn't put the effort in to master the mental side of playing quarterback. Vick took his gifts for granted and instead of becoming arguably the most iconic figure in NFL history, he's widely looked at as an average QB who was a freak athletically. What a waste

How blessed are we to now have a quarterback that never says the wrong thing and never makes headlines for being idiotic with off-field shenanigans?

Mike, you took the most amazing gifts God gave any athlete and become less than mediocre. I do feel you paid your debt to society and from what I understand you paid back your debts to those you owed. But you can never pay back the Falcons' fans that supported you while you left us in shambles because of your immature actions.

.............and yea.....I'm still bitter.

7 minutes ago, JC Falcon said:

Exactly JD.  With Peyton Manning or Russell Wilson's drive to be better, Vick could have been the GOAT, and Atlanta could have had 5 Superbowls.

I hate how much talent he wasted.

I hate it too. Cam is about the closest thing to Vicks level physically and even he doesn't have the arm or the speed that Vick had. 

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The most depressing thing about Vick is that he truly was given the gift to be the most dominate QB in NFL history. He could have been the first ever QB to pass for 4000 and run for 1000 in a season. But he truly just leaned on his physical gifts and had such a terrible mental approach to the game. He couldn't read defenses and admitted later that he didn't put the effort in to master the mental side of playing quarterback. Vick took his gifts for granted and instead of becoming arguably the most iconic figure in NFL history, he's widely looked at as an average QB who was a freak athletically. What a waste

To a T

dozer likes this

1 hour ago, falken said:

How blessed are we to now have a quarterback that never says the wrong thing and never makes headlines for being idiotic with off-field shenanigans?

Mike, you took the most amazing gifts God gave any athlete and become less than mediocre. I do feel you paid your debt to society and from what I understand you paid back your debts to those you owed. But you can never pay back the Falcons' fans that supported you while you left us in shambles because of your immature actions.

You ain't the only one still bitter about it. However, I'm glad we have Ryan now.

Tim Mazetti, dozer and vanhino like this

2 hours ago, falken said:

I appreciate your sentiment and this is not directed against you but honestly anyone who condones dog fighting (I'm referring to Vick) and everything that comes with it can go $&@$ themselves as far as I'm concerned. He is dead to me and it's a shame because I loved watching him play and he put the Atlanta back on the NFL map. But dog fighting is simply barbaric especially with the level of affection a dog can show a caring owner. 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

What truly did Vick and that Era for the Franchise in was when we fired Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips. Dan Reeves made Vick a star and seeing that he worked with Elway and made him a star it would've served us best if we kept that relationship going not to mention that Wade was going to make our defense dominant. I still think about what could've been. When Jim Mora got here he just let him do what the **** he wanted and it sold tickets so all Blank cared about was serving Vick. Everyone after Reeves (Mora, Blank, Fans, and certainly Vick) played a part in the demise of that Era. If we kept Reeves I seriously believe we would've had at least two Super Bowl appearances.

I seriously thoughts the title meant that Vick felt sorry for the people that were sticking up for him during the drama.  Of course, it's not even close and he once again proves that there is something wrong with his mind. His illusions of greatness far exceed reality.  My memories include excitement yes. but also a lot of bad games filled with fumbles, dropped balls, or games with him on the sideline.  He was never on the same page with any of his receivers and would have done a lot worse without Alge as a safety blanket. 

5 hours ago, Macintez said:

What truly did Vick and that Era for the Franchise in was when we fired Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips. Dan Reeves made Vick a star and seeing that he worked with Elway and made him a star it would've served us best if we kept that relationship going not to mention that Wade was going to make our defense dominant. I still think about what could've been. When Jim Mora got here he just let him do what the **** he wanted and it sold tickets so all Blank cared about was serving Vick. Everyone after Reeves (Mora, Blank, Fans, and certainly Vick) played a part in the demise of that Era. If we kept Reeves I seriously believe we would've had at least two Super Bowl appearances.

Or we'd have 52 tight ends on the roster and Michael Vick. 

rounz likes this

8 hours ago, falken said:

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I am not sure if he would have thrown for 4000(I really do not think he would have had to to be honest), But you two guys almost word for word have expressed my EXACT feeling about this guy.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

10 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

vick was the man, atl was rocking with him, said that some **** dogs got him trouble

The dogs didn't do anything but what they were trained to do. Vick got his own stupid self in trouble.

2 hours ago, capologist said:

Exhibit A of what's wrong with society...

yea he has some problems but man to really kill his career over some dogs is terrible

39 minutes ago, BayFalcon said:

The dogs didn't do anything but what they were trained to do. Vick got his own stupid self in trouble.

i agree just kinda venting about the overall dog thing and how it ruined his life

I didn't feel bad for the defense when he played the bears or the bucs or any other team that had a great D back then and just terrorized him the whole game because he couldn't run first.  They laid out the blue print to stopping and run first QB. Also throw out there the Ravens D. Vick was useless against those teams.  I loved watching him play but was very frustrated watching him get sacked every other play against them.