Man Caves!

Flip Wilson

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a man corner.... in the family room. It's not so much "my" corner, but I can go there to be alone, well not actually alone since the kids are usually playing in the same room. I almost got the fourth bedroom, but I was made aware that that would be better served as a guest bedroom that my mother in law can use for the two weeks that she plans to be in town each year.

Yea, my corner is pretty cool though.

Your room looks great though. Enjoy

13 minutes ago, kicker said:

Looks good dude!  Nice sized room!  What's the new house setup?  How do you get a whole room to do as you please?

I suppose it was intended as a 5th bedroom. It's kind of a Man Cave/Office/Entertainment room. It has kind of become the 2nd floor living room.

I had one quarter of my basement converted to such a room seven years ago. It was cheaper than moving when we needed another bedroom. I like mine, but yours is much nicer. You have many more windows, and your accessories and memorabilia are simply awesome.

Edited by AREA 51

I'm jealous.  I have no man cave.  I had a section of the refrigerator one, I could put magnets on it.  My wife took that over too, put a calendar there.  It has post-it notes of all the **** she expects me to do, when she expects me to do it.  It's turned out to be a lot of fun though.  Every month I see some of the same post-it notes from the prior month.  I get a chuckle out of that, when she's not looking.

All joking aside, we are looking to move.  I want a bigger garage and a basement to build my man cave.  

4 minutes ago, WORilla said:

This thread is not a ringing endorsement for marriage :lol:

Marriage is outstanding, provided you find the right person. I'm almost twenty years in and as happy as the day she married me.

So I don't get a Man Cave, I was joking earlier, I love that my kids want to be in and play in the same room as I'm in. I have no doubt (at least for now) if I had a man cave, that would be their new playroom. 

Married life is wonderful (again to the right person, this point cannot be stressed enough), anyone who says otherwise ain't doing it right

1 minute ago, silentbob1272 said:

Marriage is outstanding, provided you find the right person. I'm almost twenty years in and as happy as the day she married me.

So I don't get a Man Cave, I was joking earlier, I love that my kids want to be in and play in the same room as I'm in. I have no doubt (at least for now) if I had a man cave, that would be their new playroom. 

Married life is wonderful (again to the right person, this point cannot be stressed enough), anyone who says otherwise ain't doing it right

Yeah...You can see from my pics that my 6 year old has taken over the TV for the Wii U. I wouldn't have it any other way. I put it in there to keep him from being isolated in his room like my 16 year old.

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

A tele was good enough for Gary Busey, despite the fact Fender didn't produce rosewood fretboard guitars until a few months after Buddy's death in 1959 :doh:

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, I heard this was a continuity error in the film.  Seriously though, Gary did a dayum good job in that movie.  One day I will make a pilgrimage to the Surf Ballroom and Buddy's death site memorial in Clear Lake.

I don't have a room in the house.  Instead, I have the garage.  I've spent a couple years tinkering on it and it's filled with a bunch of **** right now, but that should change shortly. We just spray foamed our attic, so now a lot of the crap we rarely ever use can go up there.  Stuff like hard travel case for the golf clubs, etc, boxes of crap, etc.

when we built the garage, I had the concrete floors polished. It also has air conditioning, a sink, it's own security system with cameras, cable access, and a 220 outlet for welding.  I just bought a bad*** Snapon tool box for my tools.  It has a closet under the stairs that I need to rework because it's not very functional.  

1 hour ago, kicker said:

I don't have a room in the house.  Instead, I have the garage.  I've spent a couple years tinkering on it and it's filled with a bunch of **** right now, but that should change shortly. We just spray foamed our attic, so now a lot of the crap we rarely ever use can go up there.  Stuff like hard travel case for the golf clubs, etc, boxes of crap, etc.

when we built the garage, I had the concrete floors polished. It also has air conditioning, a sink, it's own security system with cameras, cable access, and a 220 outlet for welding.  I just bought a bad*** Snapon tool box for my tools.  It has a closet under the stairs that I need to rework because it's not very functional.  

At my old house I had a cabinet for my Falcons stuff. My 2 car garage had 2 cars in it and a whole bunch of my wife's Christmas decorations and some random crap. I also had an 800 sg ft building which my wife and I both used......

At the new house I have the Man Cave which also serves as a Family room. Our garage is a gym though it needs air conditioning and cable...And I have a 1400 sq ft shop with lots of awesome shelves, drawers, and peg board

I will have to post some picks of the rest of the house some time...well at least the important parts.

2 hours ago, Flip Wilson said:

At my old house I had a cabinet for my Falcons stuff. My 2 car garage had 2 cars in it and a whole bunch of my wife's Christmas decorations and some random crap. I also had an 800 sg ft building which my wife and I both used......

At the new house I have the Man Cave which also serves as a Family room. Our garage is a gym though it needs air conditioning and cable...And I have a 1400 sq ft shop with lots of awesome shelves, drawers, and peg board

I will have to post some picks of the rest of the house some time...well at least the important parts.

If you can swing it, look into a Fujitsu mini split.  They are a bit pricier than the cheapest option, but they are very high efficiency.  Mine is a 1 ton, 24 SEER,  and it heats and cools the space, roughly 550 sqft.  It was $3000 installed.  

Guest marla_mulder

Awesome room! My husband and I have talked about building in the next year or so, and we both would like to have a room like this! Ironically, I'm the one who got him interested in football--he had never seen it before me. I even planned our wedding/honeymoon around the Falcons schedule...lol. ;)