Republican National Convention 2016

Carter

Watch live.

What a dramatic **** show so far.

If this doesn't completely demonstrate that the GOP needs to reconsider some things, I don't know what will. It looks like a party that is ready to implode.

Thought this was cute...

Screw the reality that's it's anything but unified. Let's put on a dog and pony show that everyone can see right through.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how Melania Trump will do tonight. CNN said that before tonight, the longest speech she's given on the campaign was 90 seconds. 

I think she could make his campaign, I don't know if she could break it. If she can humanize him and appeal to women it will go a long way for him. 

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

I wonder how Melania Trump will do tonight. CNN said that before tonight, the longest speech she's given on the campaign was 90 seconds. 

I think she could make his campaign, I don't know if she could break it. If she can humanize him and appeal to women it will go a long way for him. 

I would be terrified to do something like this in my second language. ****, I'd be terrified to do something like this in my first.

45 minutes ago, WORilla said:

This Andy dean character on CNN is a real ***** canoe(credit to mdrake) 

He got that from JDaveG.  Just wanting to credit appropriate credit to the right person.

Also, why do the Republicans always schedule weird speakers at their convention?  Duck Dynasty this year.  Clint Eastwood a few years ago.  Weird.

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

What better way to whip the crowd into a frenzy than to work in BENGHAZI. 

4 minutes ago, WORilla said:

This is disgusting to me. You're parading your sons death in a political forum to cast shade on the opponent. 

Attrocious. 

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

If Hillary were on the floor at the RNC, she would be ripped limb by limb by the crowd. 

1 minute ago, WORilla said:

The GOP should be ashamed of themselves. 

:lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, WORilla said:

This is disgusting to me. You're parading your sons death in a political forum to cast shade on the opponent. 

Attrocious. 

This happens a lot with people grieving from a tragedy.  Democrats will have mothers of victims of police shootings during their convention.  I don't blame anyone for how they react to losing their son or daughter.  

I do blame the parties for exploiting them, especially if they allow them to say on national TV things that are not true.  That's true for both parties who do this.  I'll be interested to see the fact-checkers response to the woman's accusation (sorry, I forgot her name). 

I also blame the GOP in this particular case for not preparing her for the pressure and the emotional experience better than they did.  It came across as a little unhinged.  I am NOT saying she is unhinged...only that it came across that way because of the emotion of the moment.  I have nothing but sympathy and respect for her, even though I strongly suspect some of things she said are simply wrong.  

1 minute ago, WORilla said:

How do you defend that? 

Just to address one, telling your story and opinion of how your child was betrayed, and then you were lied to about his death, and then called a liar by that same despicable person, is far from atrocious. 

I was laughing at the mean girls vibe you two were putting off. The catty gossiping and finger pointing was just funny. 

Just now, silentbob1272 said:

Just to address one, telling your story and opinion of how your child was betrayed, and then you were lied to about his death, and then called a liar by that same despicable person, is far from atrocious. 

I was laughing at the mean girls vibe you two were putting off. The catty gossiping and finger pointing was just funny. 

Are you sure that the things she said actually happened?

If the GOP allowed her, in her grief, to effectively slander Clinton then it crosses the line.  We cannot blame the mother for that.. I don't blame Sarah Brady or any of the victims of gun violence for their responses to tragedy.  But a major political party has to be responsible with what information they allow to be put out by people at their national convention.  

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Are you sure that the things she said actually happened?

If the GOP allowed her, in her grief, to effectively slander Clinton then it crosses the line.  We cannot blame the mother for that.. I don't blame Sarah Brady or any of the victims of gun violence for their responses to tragedy.  But a major political party has to be responsible with what information they allow to be put out by people at their national convention.  

In all seriousness.

You can believe her, or HRC. Why would you extend your benefit of the doubt to HRC, given her track record?

Your point is reasonable, but I find her more believable. Obviously I'm biased against Hillary, but why do you believe Hillary over this mother? This isn't loaded or a gotcha, I'm just curious.

10 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

Did that speech not make you uncomfortable? She looked like she was about to break down on stage. 

2 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

In all seriousness.

You can believe her, or HRC. Why would you extend your benefit of the doubt to HRC, given her track record?

Your point is reasonable, but I find her more believable. Obviously I'm biased against Hillary, but why do you believe Hillary over this mother? This isn't loaded or a gotcha, I'm just curious.

They could both be wrong. 

That's kinda the political way isn't it? Embellish your stories to get more reactions.