Teen's "White Boy Privilege" slam poetry goes viral

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An honest to god question. 

Wtf do y'all get out of responding like you do? Some sense of bravado? 

What exactly do you have a problem with that he's saying? 

Its just so **** obnoxious that some people think it would hurt them physically if they spent 2 minutes actually giving what he says a chance. 

"Half" of America might as well be the Eastwood gif. 

1 minute ago, WORilla said:

Its just so **** obnoxious that some people think it would hurt them physically if they spent 2 minutes actually giving what he says a chance. 

*HE* speaks for himself. Not me. *I* do not feel guilty about anything because *I* have not done anything to anyone.  

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

*HE* speaks for himself. Not me. *I* do not feel guilty about anything because *I* have not done anything to anyone.  

Wtf does that have anything to do with your response "he wishes he'd never been born". 

I'm sorry sponge dad but that's absolutely ridiculous. The kid has concerns, voices those concerns, and somehow he's an emo kid that hates everything he stands for? Maybe he just wants things to get better. The horror!!! 

People treat anyone that voices concerns like his like some kind of traitor.

2 minutes ago, WORilla said:

"Oh that guy is just trying to apologize for being white. That guys just apologizing for being a man" etc etc etc. 

No he's not. It's just discredit,discredit,discredit. Ignore ignore ignore. 

Again he's speaking for himself. I don't speak for you unless I'm your attorney.

1 minute ago, WORilla said:

:rolleyes:

Mature responses. America is in for great things in the future. Not. 

Your argument is essentially "not my problem". 

I'm not part of the "problem" nor have I personally attributed to the "problem". But by all means, you control your own conscious. Drown yourself in guilt for being white and for not being born Chinese.

5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm not part of the "problem" nor have I personally attributed to the "problem". But by all means, you control your own conscious. Drown yourself in guilt for being white and for not being born Chinese.

Exactly. 

Well im not the problem so forget about it. I've never poisoned anyone while cooking so wtf do I care if we have a health code  

Okie doke. That's gonna solve a lot. 

It's pathetic that your first response to people trying to make our country just a tad bit better is "pssht. drowning themselves in guilt". 

If the alternative is your position of not my problem, I'll take a million drowning victims please. 

49 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Well, he's apologizing for being a white male whose parents are affluent, as if his very existence is the problem, and then later says it's mind blowing that we still judge and demonize people for the color of their skin, chromosomes, and how much money they make. That basically sums up the movement. It's a mountain of hypocrisy that adherents attempt to defend by telling themselves that prejudice doesn't matter as long as it's going against the people they don't like.

I'll also say that I'm not surprised that:

1. He goes to a private school.

2. They teach a gender studies class at said private school.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Well, he's apologizing for being a white male whose parents are affluent, as if his very existence is the problem, and then later says it's mind blowing that we still judge and demonize people for the color of their skin, chromosomes, and how much money they make. That basically sums up the movement. It's a mountain of hypocrisy that adherents attempt to defend by telling themselves that prejudice doesn't matter as long as it's going against the people they don't like.

I'll also say that I'm not surprised that:

1. He goes to a private school.

2. They teach a gender studies class at said private school.

on Number 2 they teach a **** of a lot more than that at Paideia.

Their SAT average is over 2000, but you can't expect anything less when you consider their tuition is over 20 grand a year once you get to high school.

If I was that kid I wouldnt trade with anybody lol.

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

Another moron that doesn't understand the definition of privilege.  

*My* "privilege" came from getting my àss shot at while you were back home safe and sound. I got my degree in the army because I couldn't afford a technical school, much less a college. So I had to dodge death until I got a degree. It's a **** of a way to gamble the present for the hope of a future. I don't expect you to understand this. I didn't see a shred of this "privilege" growing up. That's why today my man cave is full of the things I couldn't afford as a child. You can make something of yourself if you don't let setbacks detour your goals. Inequality is a problem that needs to be fixed but you got to keep pushing no matter what.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

*My* "privilege" came from getting my àss shot at while you were back home safe and sound. I got my degree in the army because I couldn't afford a technical school, much less a college. So I had to dodge death until I got a degree. It's a **** of a way to gamble the present for the hope of a future. I don't expect you to understand this. I didn't see a shred of this "privilege" growing up. That's why today my man cave is full of the things I couldn't afford as a child. You can make something of yourself if you don't let setbacks detour your goals. Inequality is a problem that needs to be fixed but you got to keep pushing no matter what.

I don't think he was talking about you man. You wound up a little tight today?

14 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

on Number 2 they teach a **** of a lot more than that at Paideia.

Their SAT average is over 2000, but you can't expect anything less when you consider their tuition is over 20 grand a year once you get to high school.

If I was that kid I wouldnt trade with anybody lol.

I'm not surprised that it's a good school, sans that class. It was mostly a jab at, "Of course the well off kid who went to a private school/college is going on about how everyone is privileged." However, I will give him credit for having enough awareness to point out his class as part of his privilege. Most people I know who go on about this lack that.

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

I was talking about the 14 year old.  

I apologize man. And I am a little uptight today. We had a memorial today for a co-worker who died 6 years ago while we were working. He fell to his death in front of us, along with his father there too. I talked to his father today who still taking it hard watching his child die. I've seen carnage in combat, but I still can't shake the memory of his father holding him, while his brain was hanging out of his head, screaming at us to pray for him.