Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyASP

Is Keanu Neal an enforcer safety?

15 posts in this topic

**** yeah. I want him to have good fundamentals but the second he can set the tone in a game with a good kill shot, I'll be ready to tip my hat and order another beer. 

Willie Mo was an enforcer...at times. Not sure what the article suggest...strong safeties are obligated to punish people.

I believe Neal was the right choice...time will tell if he can live up to the

expectations/projections.

Would love to find this out on one those "read option" plays that Cam Newton turns up the field on! OR on one of those Water Bug Taints Receivers.

I love the pick, but as far as the bad draft habit of comparing players we could have drafted instead, I'll be comparing his career to Myles Jack.

3 hours ago, Power I said:

I love the pick, but as far as the bad draft habit of comparing players we could have drafted instead, I'll be comparing his career to Myles Jack.

Longevity included 

I've seen everyone in the media suggest that Keanu can't be an enforcer because he's not 235 like chancellor. 

Last I checked there were a ton of enforcers in NFL history and one that's 235. Me thinks that the weight isn't what matters. 

Wow, this is impressive:

"Neal tied for second among strong safeties with a 38-inch vertical and ranked first in broad jump with 11 feet. In a phrase, the kid is athletic"  

So far so good...

" Falcons coaches have already remarked about Neal’s potential to “be something special.” "