What the Falcons can expect from Alex Mack (Part 1)

15 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I don't necessarily agree, but they got a lot of praise from several sources as a whole last year. Mack should put them over the top. The tackles were among the best pairing in the league. 

yeah, but there were 3 places on the OL in between the tackles......

I'll add that this is why I'm not around much this offseason, I'm way way way more negative this year than I usually am. Something just isn't sitting well with me about this team and this coaching staff at all. And it actually started last year in training camp, then was made worse by a win streak to start the season to make me think maybe I was wrong, only to realize with 3/4 of the season gone last year my gut feeling was more right than I imagined it could be. It's worse this year honestly because of almost all of the offseason moves EXCEPT the Mack signing and maybe the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

yeah, but there were 3 places on the OL in between the tackles......

I'll add that this is why I'm not around much this offseason, I'm way way way more negative this year than I usually am. Something just isn't sitting well with me about this team and this coaching staff at all. And it actually started last year in training camp, then was made worse by a win streak to start the season to make me think maybe I was wrong, only to realize with 3/4 of the season gone last year my gut feeling was more right than I imagined it could be. It's worse this year honestly because of almost all of the offseason moves EXCEPT the Mack signing and maybe the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft....

I think Levitre is fine at LG, his biggest problem was penalties. The only real concern for me is RG. I think Mack is good enough to overcome the short comings of the guards. As far as your trepidations with the staff, I can do nothing to combat that lol. I have mine, especially with Shanahan, but I'm wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

I think Levitre is fine at LG, his biggest problem was penalties. The only real concern for me is RG. I think Mack is good enough to overcome the short comings of the guards. As far as your trepidations with the staff, I can do nothing to combat that lol. I have mine, especially with Shanahan, but I'm wait and see. 

RG is Chester and I see no problem there.......... He had a injury late last year but should be good to go........... He knows the system and is a great fit..........

32 minutes ago, GTBF54 said:

RG is Chester and I see no problem there.......... He had a injury late last year but should be good to go........... He knows the system and is a great fit..........

When they take that long to sign you, you definitely aren't a lock. He was okay last year though. Schweitzer could compete though. 

14 hours ago, GTBF54 said:

so you're saying you didn't watch many games last year then, his poor pass blocking was all year, not just 'an injury late last year'

5 hours ago, papachaz said:

so you're saying you didn't watch many games last year then, his poor pass blocking was all year, not just 'an injury late last year'

No, I did not say that...... I saw every game last year and yeah Chester gave up some sacks and pressure before his injury..... The weak link in the interior was at center and with Mack taking over the guard play should improve big time on passing downs....  Chester  is one of the best ZBS  guards in the league in running plays and will be just fine at pass protection this year as well.........