Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyASP

The Dirty Bird nickname

23 posts in this topic

I remember that my local mall done a dirty bird dance competition. So many kids trying (most awfully) to win the dance. Can't remember what the prize was now. Team definetily had unmatched energy that season. 

30 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

I remember that my local mall done a dirty bird dance competition. So many kids trying (most awfully) to win the dance. Can't remember what the prize was now. Team definetily had unmatched energy that season. 

All I got was a basketball when I won my school's version of the dirty bird contest :lol:

mikeg272 likes this

54 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Name the Falcon who did the "original" Dirty Bird Dance?

OJ Santiago in New England when we beat then 41-10 (score is only thing I am unsure of)

Theyhateme : ) likes this

5 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

OJ Santiago in New England when we beat then 41-10 (score is only thing I am unsure of)

Yup...A New England fan pointed at OJ and yelled "That's Dirty!"...and the rest is history

I also remember them catching one of our big boys singing "I believe I can fly" on the side lines that year....twas a magical season.

I get so irritated when someone says "we need to let it die" like...why don't you go in time  back to the first time you saw a Mike vick highlight or whenever and tell yourself to not be a fan.  

Even with the big L at the end,  followed by same ol falcons...that was such a memorable year. The dirty bird was the bees knees, and I still do it before every game. 

mikeg272 likes this

19 hours ago, E. T. said:

That name and that little dance will forever go down in history...

Honestly, I wish it would. 

I can't properly express how sick I am of the "dirty bird" or the dance or opposing teams doing the dance when they score. 

FFS it was almost 20 years ago. Let it go. 

4 hours ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I get so irritated when someone says "we need to let it die" like...why don't you go in time  back to the first time you saw a Mike vick highlight or whenever and tell yourself to not be a fan.  

Even with the big L at the end,  followed by same ol falcons...that was such a memorable year. The dirty bird was the bees knees, and I still do it before every game. 

I've been a fan of this team since 1991. I'm 34 so I was like 9 when I picked this team as my own. So I'd say my history with the team is almost as lengthy as it really could be. And I'm sooooooooooooo sick of it. 

I loved that team. Loved that year. But the "dirty bird" thing is INDEXED to that year. To Jam and that DL and those WRs. 

To me, it would be like if the "Legion of Boom" had a dance and people kept calling the Seahawks the "Legion of Boom" for like 20 years and doing the dance for like 20 years. That would be stupid. 

19 hours ago, E. T. said:

That name and that little dance will forever go down in history...

I agree. That stupid little dance coupled with the two week Super Bowl debacle that followed is probably the single most humiliating chapter in this franchise's long history of humiliating chapters.

29 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

To me, it would be like if the "Legion of Boom" had a dance and people kept calling the Seahawks the "Legion of Boom" for like 20 years and doing the dance for like 20 years. That would be stupid. 

Or it would be like the current Bengals RB committee doing the Icky Shuffle every time they scored.

Lamesville.

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I've been a fan of this team since 1991. I'm 34 so I was like 9 when I picked this team as my own. So I'd say my history with the team is almost as lengthy as it really could be. And I'm sooooooooooooo sick of it. 

I loved that team. Loved that year. But the "dirty bird" thing is INDEXED to that year. To Jam and that DL and those WRs. 

Quick question... Which was a more fun era? The dirty bird era, or the 2 legit to quit era?

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Quick question... Which was a more fun era? The dirty bird era, or the 2 legit to quit era?

Dirty Bird era. Well...until it immediately stopped being fun when Jam got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, E. T. said:

2 legit for me.

2 hours ago, cooperbh said:

I agree. That stupid little dance coupled with the two week Super Bowl debacle that followed is probably the single most humiliating chapter in this franchise's long history of humiliating chapters.

dirty-bird-o.gif

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Dirty Bird era. Well...until it immediately stopped being fun when Jam got hurt. 

To me both were fun to watch, both eras had really good teams to potentially win the SB. But I wish a lot of fans could have experienced the Grits Blitz era... that was totally an excitement to watch. We should have gone all the way then too. <_<

Ironhead1956 likes this