No ones talking about Julio at #8?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Thursday, July 07, 2016 at 10:55 AM, ya_boi_j said:

That doesn't make Julio a notch better. This type of explanation is another example of why I find it silly to try and rank players. You don't even mention the pure fact that brown is possibly one of if not the absolute best route runner in the league. When you know how to get open consistently it doesn't matter how much coverage you have. 

Only with this fan base would you have to argue FOR your own receiver, one that MANY fans of other teams consider the best. You aren't going wrong with either guy, but for as good as Brown is at route running, Julio is right behind him if not equal. While being bigger, stronger and somehow faster. He can do everything Brown can do but in a much bigger package. If a receiver disappears when their QB goes down, then that QB was a big reason for their success. Julio Jones was option one, two and three last year. Brown has 2 other receivers capable of going over 100 yards any time to help alleviate pressure. Plus, some would consider Bell the best running back in the league as well. He didn't play as much last year but Williams picked up the slack nicely. Julio Jones has the highest yards per game average in NFL HISTORY. If he hadn't been injured in 2013, we would be talking about Julio's historic three year run and not Browns. Or at the very least, both of them. It's 1a and 1b as far as I'm concerned, but I don't believe there's a thing Brown can do that Julio can't, but I know for a fact there are things that Julio can do that Brown can't. 

I ranked Brown higher than Julio in my top ten mock for a bet, but only because that was how I expected the vote to go. I also put Cam number one, but I don't believe that either. I had Julio at 7. Not in a million years would I have put Luke ahead of him. 

4 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Only with this fan base would you have to argue FOR your own receiver, one that MANY fans of other teams consider the best. You aren't going wrong with either guy, but for as good as Brown is at route running, Julio is right behind him if not equal. While being bigger, stronger and somehow faster. He can do everything Brown can do but in a much bigger package. If a receiver disappears when their QB goes down, then that QB was a big reason for their success. Julio Jones was option one, two and three last year. Brown has 2 other receivers capable of going over 100 yards any time to help alleviate pressure. Plus, some would consider Bell the best running back in the league as well. He didn't play as much last year but Williams picked up the slack nicely. Julio Jones has the highest yards per game average in NFL HISTORY. If he hadn't been injured in 2013, we would be talking about Julio's historic three year run and not Browns. Or at the very least, both of them. It's 1a and 1b as far as I'm concerned, but I don't believe there's a thing Brown can do that Julio can't, but I know for a fact there are things that Julio can do that Brown can't. 

I ranked Brown higher than Julio in my top ten mock for a bet, but only because that was how I expected the vote to go. I also put Cam number one, but I don't believe that either. I had Julio at 7. Not in a million years would I have put Luke ahead of him. 

You're too late. I was done with this argument when we started joking about inches. I'm not about to keep repeating the same things over and over. 

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't care what you or him talk about. When I say "I was done"  it means that I'm done. That really can't be that difficult to understand. 

Be done then. He was participating. The post or thread doesn't revolve around you and only you. Don't want to participate then close your mouth or keep your fingers still. The world doesn't start and end with you. 

4 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Be done then. He was participating. The post or thread doesn't revolve around you and only you. Don't want to participate then close your mouth or keep your fingers still. The world doesn't start and end with you. 

Ouchie.

5 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

LMAO you have a few issues. Me telling him I was done had what to do with you? Looks to me you're looking for attention. I can't help people want to keep blowing up my notifications 

To dismiss Vick as just "a running qb" when discussing atlethisism is not right. He was the fastest player at his position AND in the NFL during his prime. I dont recall ever seeing a player with his acceleration and change of direction abilities. You can discount his abilities as a QB and his decision making in life, but never ever can you win an argument that Vick was not a freak athlete. 

16 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You're too late. I was done with this argument when we started joking about inches. I'm not about to keep repeating the same things over and over. 

I'm never too late to make valid points. Your continued participation isn't needed. Your post was simply the catalyst for mine. 

2 hours ago, willer_rookie said:

To dismiss Vick as just "a running qb" when discussing atlethisism is not right. He was the fastest player at his position AND in the NFL during his prime. I dont recall ever seeing a player with his acceleration and change of direction abilities. You can discount his abilities as a QB and his decision making in life, but never ever can you win an argument that Vick was not a freak athlete. 

Could not read a defense worth a crapola and could not learn how to slide.........  He lived by his legs and that's' the truth in a nutshell..............