It's a Pleasant Surprise! 2016 Season Edition

MACK4ttACK

What will be the most pleasant surprise of the 2016 season?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Only One, or post it and I will add before you vote

• We sweep the Panthers
    • Defense ranks top 10 in Sacks
    • Defense ranks top 10 overall
    • Julio Jones - 2000 yards receiving
    • Tevin Coleman has zero fumbles, stays healthy and contributes
    • TE Austin Hooper - Serious contributor to Red Zone
    • Vic Beasley achieves 9+ sacks
    • Mohamed Sanu Scores 2+ Game Winning TDs
    • Patrick DiMarco - All Pro 2016
    • Falcons with 10+ Wins
    • Falcons make the Playoffs
    • Other
    • Biermann will lead the team in sacks
    • WR (other than Julio) having 800+ yards
    • Make it to the NFCCG
    • Defense top 5 in positive turnover margin

A Pleasant Surprise is an event you surmise may occur, however it's passing causes only mild to moderate satisfaction. If a pleasant surprise fails to occur, your disposition will remain unchanged.

It was an outcome you neither expected nor doubted--a fifty-fifty chance with no downside.

A rational person observing a pleasant surprise may experience any of the following, but likely not more than any two:

1. A smile or a grin
  2. Nodding of the head
  3. Squinting with smugness
  4. Verbal affirmation of their prediction

Example: Winning the Super Bowl would only be a pleasant surprise to a fair weather fan or a ne'er-do-well.

Let's see what you all think (or come up with as an alternative).

Edited by MACK_AttACK

9 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Playoffs man, if that happens we probably have some of those other surprises as well.

Great minds think alike. This is verbatim what I was thinking. To scroll through the comments and see someone thinking the same way is great. 

Playoffs likely only happen for us if several of these things happen as well. 

I would be going crazy if we made the playoffs. Much more than just a pleasant surprise. 

For me, it would probably be one of the WRs other than Julio having 800+ yards. It would give me confidence that we didn't have to just rely on him. 

For me the only logical choice is making the playoffs, especially this year. If the Falcons are able to do that, with one of the harder schedules in the league, it would mean they deserve to be there and have a shot to go deep. Individual stats means nothing if the team doesn't have success. Getting 10+ wins means nothing if they don't make the playoffs. Unless the Falcons have a year where everyone in the division sucks, and they happen to suck slightly less, and slip into the playoffs with a losing season, which would be highly irregular, I don't see any other option.

2 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

For me the only logical choice is making the playoffs, especially this year. If the Falcons are able to do that, with one of the harder schedules in the league, it would mean they deserve to be there and have a shot to go deep. Individual stats means nothing if the team doesn't have success. Getting 10+ wins means nothing if they don't make the playoffs. Unless the Falcons have a year where everyone in the division sucks, and they happen to suck slightly less, and slip into the playoffs with a losing season, which would be highly irregular, I don't see any other option.

Do you really .....mean.....That ....you..... and I ......hit the same button ??????   :vince:                                         :lol:

Who's the other 3 posters that voted for sweeping the Panthers?

I guess I don't find making the playoffs as a surprise. I'm fully expecting the playoffs and IMO anything less will be a massive failure this year. But sweeping the Panthers would be something that would be a pleasant surprise.

Most of those wouldn't technically surprise me.  Some of them are highly optimistic, but I wouldn't be really surprised.

A NFCCG appearance would surprise me, so I suggest adding that.  A Super Bowl win would shock the **** out of me.