Why Can't the Falcons JUST WIN IT ALL? Or will they EVER Win it all?

Because Atlanta/Georgia sports in general just are complete choke artists... Good enough to get you hyped up and excited, only to fail miserably at the most important time. As time goes on I've began to realize to just enjoy it for what it is and hope for the best... 

On 6/22/2016 at 10:11 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Falcons will eventually win a SB Championship.

Whether will we all be alive when it happens is a different story.

Well, if we live 4 more years , IMO we will see a Championship in Atlanta ..  There will be 500% more faith in us doing so after this season when you see how good we will be this year. 

On 6/22/2016 at 8:38 PM, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Why can't Minnesota win it all?

Why can't Philadelphia win it all?

Why can't Jacksonville win it all?

Why can't Carolina win it all?

Why can't "X" win it all?

Answer: they haven't won it yet

I did not mention any of those teams except the Falcons. And your being a Sarcastic Smart@$$. 

WELCOME TO ATLANTA!!! :D

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

The Denver Broncos will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

The St. Louis Rams will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

The New England Patriots will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

The Indianapolis Colts will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

The New Orleans Saints will never win the Super Bowl. But then they did.

But somehow a group of folks on here have convinced themselves that the Atlanta Falcons will never win the Super Bowl. They will win the Super Bowl, it just hasn't happened it.

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, if we live 4 more years , IMO we will see a Championship in Atlanta ..  There will be 500% more faith in us doing so after this season when you see how good we will be this year. 

Draftnut57, I have a feeling that the Falcons this year are going to be a team that no other team wants to face. They have something they haven't had in years, a little bit of depth at all positions. 

Perhaps I should have made this "When will the Falcons win it all thread?", and asked Atlantafalcons.com to have a prize for who is the closest with Time/year/date and such. Actually I think that would be a cool idea. Have a 1 entry only and have some kinda prize for something like that. 

Either way, I'm calling it right now, the Falcons will get to the Superbowl this year. I think Falcons Dominate the NFC South this year. 

And to all who say's "Hesters Done", his value as a WR/Slot WR along with other plays will help tremendously. 

Why can't the Falcons win it all? And Will they ever? I see no reason why they can't, and this year also. But will they ever? I'm sure at some point they will, I just hope they do in my lifetime, or that is maybe in the next 4 years or so. 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

Offensive and Defensive lines. Until we have a more than solid group on both sides of the ball at the same time then we wont get there. *key word* more than solid. not what we have now. 

Have you even watched the games? I mean, so you are basically saying the Center wasn't a problem and Alex Mack wasn't a big addition with that comment? Most of the Fumbles last year were caused by the Center. 

Because it is very difficult to do.

There are 31 other teams in the NFL who want to win just as much as we do, who work just as hard as we do and whose fan bases have as much right to success as we do.

The isn't like soccer leagues in Europe, where a handful of big teams dominate consistently because they have more money than everyone else. The CBA creates a level playing field for all, via the draft, salary cap, and strict rules about training camps and OTA's etc that make it very difficult to get a meaningful advantage over the other 31 teams.

To win championships, you need to make a lot of good decisions, but you also need a lot of luck. Even if you build a great team, one injury to the wrong player,  poor decision by an official, or bad bounce of the ball can end your season. 

We have a 1 in 32 chance of winning a super bowl. By the law of averages a team can only expect to win a SB every 32 years.

A LONG LONG time ago, in a city called Atlanta, I came to peace with the Falcons, and decided that the only way to enjoy the team was not to focus on the Wins and Losses and just absolutely forget about a Superbowl Championship EVER.

I was 25 years old when I moved to this city and got hooked on the Falcons.  Now I am 61.  A couple years back I almost kicked the bucket, but fortunately I recovered, but my health is still frail,  So the bottom line is I am peace with dying without ever seeing the Falcons win it all, and there must be literally thousands of fans who have passed since this dismal franchise came to the city.

Just enjoy the Falcons for who they are is my advice.  I have had a lifetime of fun rooting for the bums, no matter how bad they have been over that long span, and we all know they have been mostly horrible.

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 4:20 PM, GeorgiaFalconFan said:

Have you even watched the games? I mean, so you are basically saying the Center wasn't a problem and Alex Mack wasn't a big addition with that comment? Most of the Fumbles last year were caused by the Center. 

On both sides of the ball we need to be MORE than Solid. I watch every game 2x if I can. I know what an above average D-Line looks like. 

For instance take the teams from the NFC playoffs.

Minn

Seattle

Carolina

Arizona

Our D does not stack up talent wise. Heck even ths Redskins have a better dline than ours. Until that changes we will not be there. Every team mentioned had at least one Dline or front 7 player on the top 100 list voted on the players themselves. The Falcons yea we got to offensive players. That's not bad but Defense wins championships

Alex Mack adds to a Solid line but that RG position is a whole if Chester cant be healthy. While on D we don't have any elite playmakers in the front 7. That's what you need this day in age to win the super bowl.