Jamie Dukes just said on NFL Network...

Sponge

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Aries2887 said:

Nope Beasely over Gurley all day everyday. Freeman and Coleman are both backs that will produce right on par with Gurley. No reason to waste a pick on something that was there already. There's an old saying.... You should know it already.... Why fix something that's not broken... because it wasn't. Plain and simple.

RB was a big need coming into that draft. Dimi even drafted a RB.

Gurley is a generational player. I'm watching NFLN and they're comparing him to AP. I think he has a chance. I believe Beasley will be good too. More like a Jabaal Sheard though. AP or Sheard? 

Gurley and Free >>>>> Coleman and Free. We would've been set at RB for years. With the best RB tandem in the league. On rookie contracts.

The running game is still broke. Ranked 14th in rush TDs, 19th in rush yards and 26th in rush yards per carry. No beef at all.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

RB was a big need coming into that draft. Dimi even drafted a RB.

Gurley is a generational player. I'm watching NFLN and they're comparing him to AP. I think he has a chance. I believe Beasley will be good too. More like a Jabaal Sheard though. AP or Sheard? 

Gurley and Free >>>>> Coleman and Free. We would've been set at RB for years. With the best RB tandem in the league. On rookie contracts.

The running game is still broke. Ranked 14th in rush TDs, 19th in rush yards and 26th in rush yards per carry. No beef at all.

How many sacks did Gurley have last year? Heed your own advice from other threads and stay on topic, son.

5 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

How many sacks did Gurley have last year? Heed your own advice from other threads and stay on topic, son.

It's hard to complain about the pass rush when we spend the 8th overall pick on a pass rusher.

Mind you, some of these folks complain nonetheless, but it makes it harder.  That's why RB was the pick in 2015 -- because it gives more credence to the whole "Dimi hates pass rushers" BS.

58 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It's hard to complain about the pass rush when we spend the 8th overall pick on a pass rusher.

Mind you, some of these folks complain nonetheless, but it makes it harder.  That's why RB was the pick in 2015 -- because it gives more credence to the whole "Dimi hates pass rushers" BS.

It's gotten to the point of just being on some sub-human level around here with this garbage.

Sure our pass-rush still sucked last year and sure we have spent a lot of top picks on DB's in the last 4 years but what is crazy to me is how you misquote facts. By saying Beasley had 2 sacks your are telling the world that you did zero research on the team prior to this segment and then you tried to just make up an arbitrary number to fit the narrative you are talking about.

Did they just grab him out of the conference room and was like "Jamie, we need you on the air in 30 seconds to talk about the Falcons" when he had no idea it was coming or did he know what the segment was going to be about in advance. Either ESPN is unprepared and unprofessional or Jamie Dukes was unprepared and unprofessional.

On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Power I said:

I love Peyton Manning, he's probably my favorite player of all time, but with the way the Broncos quarterbacks played last year Matt Ryan also would have won the Super Bowl with that cast. If that's what it takes for him to win, then Beasley will have to be Von Miller, Keanu Neal will have to Brian Dawkins, and Desmond Trufant will have to be Deion Sanders. That's what we'll need to be on par with what the Broncos did last year. 

Broncos may have gone 19-0 if they had matt ryan with that stacked team.

49 minutes ago, OBXFalcon said:

I normally can't stand Jaime Dukes-he is almost as bad as that ********* Heath Evans-and normally don't listen to or agree with anything he says..but in this case I actually think he is right

Wrong...........

Gurley is better than Freeman. Is Gurley plus Freeman better than Freeman plus Vic? Absolutely not. Is Gurley better than Freeman sufficient to cost investing a Top 10 pick into a player coming off of significant injury, playing at a devalued fungible position, at a position well-known for its high variance draft output and exposure to injury overall? Absolutely not. 

They can compare him to AP all they'd like. It doesnt mean he'll have that sort of career and it doesnt mean that your team is in an inherently great situation having that sort of player. 

7 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Gurley is better than Freeman. Is Gurley plus Freeman better than Freeman plus Vic? Absolutely not. Is Gurley better than Freeman sufficient to cost investing a Top 10 pick into a player coming off of significant injury, playing at a devalued fungible position, at a position well-known for its high variance draft output and exposure to injury overall? Absolutely not. 

They can compare him to AP all they'd like. It doesnt mean he'll have that sort of career and it doesnt mean that your team is in an inherently great situation having that sort of player. 

So what qualifies you to make that statement? Just as it would be completely asinine for someone to say the opposite at this point. So if Beasley throws up another 3-4 sack season and Gurley throws up a 1500-1800 yard season you going to stick by your omnipotent observation?

2 hours ago, Keith 3:16 said:

So what qualifies you to make that statement? Just as it would be completely asinine for someone to say the opposite at this point. So if Beasley throws up another 3-4 sack season and Gurley throws up a 1500-1800 yard season you going to stick by your omnipotent observation?

Oh dear. 

First off, you pry should have used the word "omniscient" as in "all-knowing" rather than "omnipotent" which means "all-powerful."

As for what "qualifies" me for the statement, nothing. That's not how analysis works. You don't get a badge and license which "qualifies" you to make statements.

Why did I get to this point in the analysis?  It comes down to the realities of the league being discussed.  Again, passing up the best pass-rushing prospect in quite some time to take a running back (fungible position with a high historical bust rate and significant injury exposure) in the Top 10 is a mistake given the realities of the league. Especially in a good RB class when you already have a running back on your roster that is tailor made for the system you're implementing. 

As for the future, yes, I'll always stick by that decision. Draft decisions are made with limited information, ignorant of outcomes. Why would I ever question a decision like that in hindsight? Why throw logic out the window like that? 

On June 21, 2016 at 9:57 PM, slamee101 said:

Yea yea yea...it's the summer how dare Jamie Dukes come in here and kill all this nonstop optimism we basically have every year.

He's questioning our pass rush.  Guess what?  Fair to do at this stage.  Also not really going out on a limb to say we won't win the SB this year as a result of it.

Not really "hating" for him to point to one of our biggest question marks and say that's why he doesn't have us playing in the big game.  Hope we prove him wrong but I have my doubts about our ability to get to the QB.

Is it hating for him to say we only draft cornerbacks?  That Vic Beasley had half as many sacks as he really did?

I'll say it again -- if ALL he said was the pass rush is suspect and for that reason we shouldn't be considered likely to win a Super Bowl, that is fine.  Both of those are true statements.  The problem is he tried to back up his opinion with nonsense.  So, yeah, hater.

48 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Oh dear. 

First off, you pry should have used the word "omniscient" as in "all-knowing" rather than "omnipotent" which means "all-powerful."

As for what "qualifies" me for the statement, nothing. That's not how analysis works. You don't get a badge and license which "qualifies" you to make statements.

Why did I get to this point in the analysis?  It comes down to the realities of the league being discussed.  Again, passing up the best pass-rushing prospect in quite some time to take a running back (fungible position with a high historical bust rate and significant injury exposure) in the Top 10 is a mistake given the realities of the league. Especially in a good RB class when you already have a running back on your roster that is tailor made for the system you're implementing. 

As for the future, yes, I'll always stick by that decision. Draft decisions are made with limited information, ignorant of outcomes. Why would I ever question a decision like that in hindsight? Why throw logic out the window like that? 

Exactly.  What if's are just that -- what if Todd Gurley blows out his knee again and Vic gets 12 sacks?