Jamie Dukes just said on NFL Network...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, likeriver said:

Correction: Beasley had 4.5 sacks, multiple QB hits, 2 forced fumbles, and an INT. Why do people forget this?

Beasley had 4.0 sacks and one of em was on a 12 second scramble play. Another was a gift. So yeah he's probably right. Two sacks. I think dude will be good though. Probably when we move to the Pantheon. Gurley was the move. Trust me.

You guys always want credit for nothing. Until proven other wise we have no pass rush. Every year since 2008 it's the same thing, it should click this year & so on, so on.. Then when someone says something y'all don't like its "oh he sucks!"!! 

Until we produce sacks on the field, we will not get credit.. Get over it. That's life.

5 hours ago, insight said:

You guys always go out of your way to criticize anyone who doesn't have warm a fuzzy things to say about the Falcons.  Jamie played 8 years with the Falcons, he understand NFL line play better than any of you guys.  

Agree to disagree  the man, but declaring he doesn't know what he is talking about or suggesting  he is incompetent sounds foolish. 

Exactly.. These guys hate criticism. Especially when it's spot on. Until proven other wise our passrush is still our weakness. On paper we improved but that's paper so yea..

11 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

Jamie Dukes just said on NFL network that "the Falcons will not make the Super Bowl this year because they have no pass rush. They only like to draft defensive backs". When someone mentioned Vic Beasley, he replied "he only had two sacks". He mentioned teams who've won Super Bowls like the Giants and Broncos "send waves at the quarterback. The Falcons don't have that".

On the bright side, he said the Falcons have fixed their offensive line troubles by signing Mack.

26FPzgftlRfgwkEw0.gif

let the Dukes bashing begin.

So we just give up on Beasley because he didn't have a pro-bowl rookie season? He also assumes players don't improve over time as player ability is stagnant.  It seems every year a handful of teams that were supposed to be really bad play really well and handful of teams that are supposed to be really good falter.  

Pass rush was there. SMH we had it last year. JJ wat had one one sack in his 1st year then beasely. We were top in the league with QB Hits and pressures. PLEASE, just go look at the stats. We generated the pressure to force check downs which ate us up down the middle. The Average yards gained down the middle per throw we allowed was 15yds... O.O ..... any idea how that happens? The QB's pick themselfs up consistantly last year. we were just that half step away. Hangeman as DE with Beasely on the other end with Jarret and anyone else in the middle will put up stats. Hangeman is going to turn heads this year. I can see it. Sigh... just go to rewind and watch the defensive plays. we got there all the time the QBs just got the ball off quicker then we got there... by a half step....

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Beasley had 4.0 sacks and one of em was on a 12 second scramble play. Another was a gift. So yeah he's probably right. Two sacks. I think dude will be good though. Probably when we move to the Pantheon. Gurley was the move. Trust me.

Nope Beasely over Gurley all day everyday. Freeman and Coleman are both backs that will produce right on par with Gurley. No reason to waste a pick on something that was there already. There's an old saying.... You should know it already.... Why fix something that's not broken... because it wasn't. Plain and simple.

Edited by Aries2887

I don't see any issue with what he said. 

This is a passing league and being able to have that balance of DB play & Defensive line play is more important than ever. I've seen way too many plays these past few years where the coverage held up for the first 3-4 seconds only to have the opposing QB extend the play and find a target. 

Edited by Oh4Real?!
20 hours ago, insight said:

You guys always go out of your way to criticize anyone who doesn't have warm a fuzzy things to say about the Falcons.  Jamie played 8 years with the Falcons, he understand NFL line play better than any of you guys.  

Agree to disagree  the man, but declaring he doesn't know what he is talking about or suggesting  he is incompetent sounds foolish. 

Na dude's a moron 

41 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

For those agreeing with Dukes, how do y'all know we don't have a pass rush? Seems to me that "The Falcons don't have a pass rush" was spoken with certainty when it really can't be. We won't know if we "still" don't have a pass rush until the 2016/17 season ends.

I don't even mind that, if he bases it on something real (as opposed to mythical Vic Beasley's supposed 2 sacks and the mythical litany of cornerbacks we've drafted since Quinn got here).

"Falcons don't have a pass rush" is fine.  We don't -- yet.  And if he doesn't think we will, that's fine too.  But to say first "we only draft cornerbacks," and then when someone says "they drafted Beasley just last year" to double down with "yeah, but he only had 2 sacks" when he had twice as many as you think he did, is just stupid.