Jamie Dukes just said on NFL Network...

Sponge

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Keep asking this, what would you have done this offseason to fix the pass rush?

Oh, I'm willing to believe that the moves that were made could very well improve the pass rush a lot, I'm just saying that if you're doing a shallow analysis of the Falcons you might not have noticed what was done.  Dukes didn't see any big name pass rushers signed or drafted, so therefore nothing changed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

lol like most he is dead on until proven otherwise

As to the reasons why?  That Beasley (who we did draft, and who is not a cornerback) only had 2 sacks and we only draft cornerbacks (deja vu warning here)?

Okay.....lol.....consider him proven otherwise. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/vicbeasley/2552301/profile

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/5/2/11545682/2016-nfl-draft-recapping-falcons-2016-draft-haul

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/5/2/8536435/2015-nfl-draft-full-list-and-breakdown-of-falcons-draft-picks

You guys always go out of your way to criticize anyone who doesn't have warm a fuzzy things to say about the Falcons.  Jamie played 8 years with the Falcons, he understand NFL line play better than any of you guys.  

Agree to disagree  the man, but declaring he doesn't know what he is talking about or suggesting  he is incompetent sounds foolish. 

5 hours ago, likeriver said:

When you compare Beasley's rookie performance with that of successful DE's rookie performances, Beasley is actually right where he needs to be. The test will be if he makes the jump this year (or next year). I firmly expect he will though. Keep in mind that even with 4.5 sacks, he still had the most on the the ENTIRE team. Although, I guess that says more about our defense than it does about Beasley.

That's the plan. The move to LB is all about giving him more chances to use his speed and pop through to the QB. He's going to have even more of a positive impact on our D this year and he'll just keep on getting better as he goes forward. Just need at least two and hopefully three of the other DE's /DT's/OLB's/Hybrids to also be able to bring some heat. Beasley is going to pull his share of the load.

13 minutes ago, insight said:

You guys always go out of your way to criticize anyone who doesn't have warm a fuzzy things to say about the Falcons.  Jamie played 8 years with the Falcons, he understand NFL line play better than any of you guys.  

Agree to disagree  the man, but declaring he doesn't know what he is talking about or suggesting  he is incompetent sounds foolish. 

I don't have to agree to disagree -- Vic Beasley recorded 4 sacks last season and we drafted Vic Beasley last year.  Those two things are not matters up for debate, they are simply facts.  And those facts demonstrate beyond any shadow of a doubt that 1) Vic Beasley had more than 2 sacks, and 2) we draft players who are not cornerbacks.

Jamie Dukes would have been just fine if he said "the Falcons haven't proven they can conjure up a pass rush."  That statement is 100% accurate.  Instead, he tries to predict the future and uses completely false and stupid statements to "prove" his prediction (which is a laughable concept in any event -- the Falcons could win the Super Bowl next season for all anyone knows, and there is no "proof" otherwise).

Dude's an idiot.  And he's always bagging on the Falcons without cause, just like this time, so he deserves everything he gets.  Because when it comes to stating facts in support of his biased opinions, yes, Jamie Dukes is incompetent.

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

How do you address Pass Rush?  Sign Suh, Greg Hardy and Von Miller?  Than maybe you have a pass rush?  In real world, you have to rely on guys like Clayborn, Shelby and Beasley to do it

R, Shelby will be better than we think. He came in when Olivier was hurt and played well. We shall see.

42 minutes ago, GTBF54 said:

Fact is he doesn't know what he is talking about...... 

Meant to quote nosight and not you JDave..... Oh well.......

Fact is we had 19 sacks last season lowest in the league. You definitely live up to the male donkey avatar. 

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I don't have to agree to disagree -- Vic Beasley recorded 4 sacks last season and we drafted Vic Beasley last year.  Those two things are not matters up for debate, they are simply facts.  And those facts demonstrate beyond any shadow of a doubt that 1) Vic Beasley had more than 2 sacks, and 2) we draft players who are not cornerbacks.

Jamie Dukes would have been just fine if he said "the Falcons haven't proven they can conjure up a pass rush."  That statement is 100% accurate.  Instead, he tries to predict the future and uses completely false and stupid statements to "prove" his prediction (which is a laughable concept in any event -- the Falcons could win the Super Bowl next season for all anyone knows, and there is no "proof" otherwise).

Dude's an idiot.  And he's always bagging on the Falcons without cause, just like this time, so he deserves everything he gets.  Because when it comes to stating facts in support of his biased opinions, yes, Jamie Dukes is incompetent.

He deserves everything he gets, do you mean a job on NFL Network, or syndicated talk show?  He misquoted Beasley's sack total big deal he has been making the same argument for several years and the stats support his argument. 

Do you know more about NFL lineman play than he does?

1 minute ago, insight said:

He deserves everything he gets, do you mean a job on NFL Network, or syndicated talk show?  He misquoted Beasley's sack total big deal he has been making the same argument for several years and the stats support his argument. 

Do you know more about NFL lineman play than he does?

Maybe he needs a new argument. Because I know how many sacks Beasley got last season and I know we didn't draft a CB this season and I didn't even have to look it up. 

He might know a lot about car repair too but he can't diagnose what's wrong with yours unless he's willing to at least pay a little attention to it. 

1 hour ago, insight said:

Jamie Dukes is one of the biggest idiots on TV. For a guy supposedly knows so much about things he provides 0 insight. Just look at what he's saying now. What insight is he providing? Bealsey having two sacks and us drafting CBs is straight up wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Jamie Dukes is one of the biggest idiots on TV. For a guy supposedly knows so much about things he provides 0 insight. Just look at what he's saying now. What insight is he providing? Bealsey having two sacks and us drafting CBs is straight up wrong. 

He got his facts mixed up, no excuse for that but the radio network he was onthe Falcons flagship station, they talk about the falcons constantly and make several trips to camp.  He is not clueless to what is going on with the Falcons.

Vaughn MCclure has a cubicle at Flowery Branch and wrote and article with a similar theme. http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/20403/draft-behind-falcons-need-to-fix-broken-pass-rush

I think people should be highly skeptical of the Falcons ability to correct the pass rush problems because it has been a consistent theme through TD's tenure. 

Edited by insight

54 minutes ago, insight said:

He got his facts mixed up, no excuse for that but the radio network he was onthe Falcons flagship station, they talk about the falcons constantly and make several trips to camp.  He is not clueless to what is going on with the Falcons.

Vaughn MCclure has a cubicle at Flowery Branch and wrote and article with a similar theme. http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/20403/draft-behind-falcons-need-to-fix-broken-pass-rush

I think people should be highly skeptical of the Falcons ability to correct the pass rush problems because it has been a consistent theme through TD's tenure. 

I think most here are taking the wait and see approach when it comes to our pass rush. I know I am. 

However the reasoning behind Jamie Dukes point is straight up wrong. I'd be willing to give him a pass if this was a one time thing. But this is a constant theme when it comes to him. He rarely ever makes a point with actual substance to back it up and his "facts" are usually straight up wrong.

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Yea yea yea...it's the summer how dare Jamie Dukes come in here and kill all this nonstop optimism we basically have every year.

He's questioning our pass rush.  Guess what?  Fair to do at this stage.  Also not really going out on a limb to say we won't win the SB this year as a result of it.

Not really "hating" for him to point to one of our biggest question marks and say that's why he doesn't have us playing in the big game.  Hope we prove him wrong but I have my doubts about our ability to get to the QB.