Jamie Dukes just said on NFL Network...

Sponge

Jamie Dukes just said on NFL network that "the Falcons will not make the Super Bowl this year because they have no pass rush. They only like to draft defensive backs". When someone mentioned Vic Beasley, he replied "he only had two sacks". He mentioned teams who've won Super Bowls like the Giants and Broncos "send waves at the quarterback. The Falcons don't have that".

On the bright side, he said the Falcons have fixed their offensive line troubles by signing Mack.

26FPzgftlRfgwkEw0.gif

let the Dukes bashing begin.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Peyton Manning, he's probably my favorite player of all time, but with the way the Broncos quarterbacks played last year Matt Ryan also would have won the Super Bowl with that cast. If that's what it takes for him to win, then Beasley will have to be Von Miller, Keanu Neal will have to Brian Dawkins, and Desmond Trufant will have to be Deion Sanders. That's what we'll need to be on par with what the Broncos did last year. 

8 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

With a torn labrum, as a rookie.

Beas will be special when it all clicks over the next two seasons, if not this year.

When you compare Beasley's rookie performance with that of successful DE's rookie performances, Beasley is actually right where he needs to be. The test will be if he makes the jump this year (or next year). I firmly expect he will though. Keep in mind that even with 4.5 sacks, he still had the most on the the ENTIRE team. Although, I guess that says more about our defense than it does about Beasley.

8 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

He's right until they prove otherwise. Currently we have no pass rush

The money these people make for stating the obvious and making stupid points bold enough for schmucks like us to read is hilarious. Shoot pay me to be a complete tool on international media and you'll find I'll be the best one they've ever had B)B)B)

Let's be honest, it's a pretty shallow analysis that could have been done by anyone who pays a bit of attention to the NFL.  That said, the chances are he's right - only two teams will make the Superbowl, so even if the Falcons end up being in the top 10 teams, they still are more likely to not make the Superbowl than to make it.  The Falcons had problems sacking the QB last year, and even really committed, tuned-in Falcons fans need a somewhat less-than-obvious argument about how it was addressed, and I don't think anyone is really certain it will work.  The Falcons did not make really glaringly obvious moves to fix the pass rush, and so I would expect shallow analyses to look much like this.

50 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Correction: Beasley had 4.5 sacks, multiple QB hits, 2 forced fumbles, and an INT. Why do people forget this?

Just want everyone to know that Dukes said that. I knew Beasley's stats which is why I...:doh: and had to make this post. He has as much NFL insight as Erin Andrews...and at least she gives us something to look at.

5 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's just one man's opinion. But it's too bad he didn't use facts to back it up instead of misstating our draft and ignoring how our scheme contributed to our lack of sacks.

Agreed.  If he'd said "the Falcons don't have a good pass rush" and left it at that, I'd have been fine with it.  But he had to bag on the Falcons even though he had no clue what he was talking about.

He's always been that way with us.  A professional contrarian.  I wouldn't be surprised if he had a troll account here.

15 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Jamie Dukes is the worst.  And no, B_Lo, he's not right.  Saying we have no pass rush because Beasley only had 2 sacks and we only draft cornerbacks is not only wrong, it's stupid.

Yes he is right, we do not have a pass rush. We were at the very bottom of the league in sacks last year and did little to address it. We are hoping the addition of Upshaw, Shelby  and Quinn having the players he wants will improve the pass rush. Until the team gets on the field and produces you can't truthly say we have a pass rush. 

1 minute ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Yes he is right, we do not have a pass rush. We were at the very bottom of the league in sacks last year and did little to address it. We are hoping the addition of Upshaw, Shelby  and Quinn having the players he wants will improve the pass rush. Until the team gets on the field and produces you can't truthly say we have a pass rush. 

Okay, he's right that we do not have a pass rush.

He's wrong and stupid about the reasons he cited as to why.