Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. Keeps The Faith After Father's Death

Sponge

Falcons' Vic Beasley Jr. Keeps The Faith After Father's Death

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer

I can't copy and paste the article because I'm on my PS4 at the moment. Great read with a video. 

Beasley's father died 2 months ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/21193/falcons-vic-beasley-jr-keeps-the-faith-after-alcoholism-leads-to-fathers-death

happy father's day guys

Being a friend of the Beasley family(mainly to Vic's brother) his father was a very humble man and a well known athlete around the Adairsville area and alcoholism was his major downfall. Vic said that this season is going to be dedicated to his father. Like said earlier, yes you never know what a person is going thru.

Pappy said it best. Our hearts are with Vic Beasley.  

Nobody knew.  

Vic carried that load his entire rookie season with grace & long evenings with his Father in the hospital.  He didn't want that kind of attention.  

He's a fine young man who I will be pulling for with extra passion.  I know he'll be a great falcon, i'm not worried.

My Dad was the worst alcoholic in Whitfield Co. which is not but about 20 miles from where V. Beasley and his dad lived.   Let me just say, it's a pitiful life for them and a pitiful death..  No way would I tell you how low I saw it take my Dad. It would truly make you sick what they do when have DTs ... Looking and begging for alcohol.. The things I saw it do to my dad I would never tell anybody how low it took him. But I will say as the Bible says in Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder." In my own wording of the next vs sayes  , They sleep in the bow of the boat.. In other words , your flirting with death when you drink. It truly killed my dad, but it was a long drawn out harsh pitiful life. And he had more talent than anybody I've every known. 

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

My Dad was the worst alcoholic in Whitfield Co. which is not but about 20 miles from where V. Beasley and his dad lived.   Let me just say, it's a pitiful life for them and a pitiful death..  No way would I tell you how low I saw it take my Dad. It would truly make you sick what they do when have DTs ... Looking and begging for alcohol.. The things I saw it do to my dad I would never tell anybody how low it took him. But I will say as the Bible says in Proverbs 23:32 "At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder." In my own wording of the next vs sayes  , They sleep in the bow of the boat.. In other words , your flirting with death when you drink. It truly killed my dad, but it was a long drawn out harsh pitiful life. And he had more talent than anybody I've every known. 

You still live in Dalton?

The people who hate the drink are people like Vic , Me , and all those who had to live around it.. Sad sad life's ... But thank God my Mom was an amazing woman. And taught us right and kept us in Church which is the greatest thing any parent can do. My three sons are some of the best young men in Rocky Face Ga. Not because of me.. But because of my Savior. Your not ready to live until your ready to die, and you can't enjoy the ride , if you don't know where your going. Good night.. If any wants more counseling on The Way. PM me.. I'm an evangelist. I live to share The way , the truth , and the life. Good night . 

9 hours ago, YoungHeezy said:

Lol, yeah. Been here about a year now. 

If you have any children , My Church who has a 76 acre Bible Camp ,  We do this as a ministry. It's an awesome place where I grew up and my Great Great Grandpa started the Church in 1845. Many children who have come to this camp from all over the US and received Christ as Savior, This will be the 43rd year of the camp,  We have a Gym , 2 swimming pools ,and we just doubled the size of the Cafeteria. WE feed the kids better than most camps. WE take donations from those who can give. It's the greatest ministry of our Church. Many kids all over the US have come to the camp received Christ as Savior. Which is our greatest reward. Dogwood Valley Baptist Church + Bible Camp ,, Tunnel Hill Ga.