• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Nono said:

We need to stop fighting each in America over political issues and join together and fight the real enemy

That'll never happen as long as the media is the way it is. 

In MANY cases the only interaction a lot of people have with "others not like them" is what they see on TV or hear on the radio. And we all know that those programs teach and influence us to hate and vilify the other side. 

7 minutes ago, Nono said:

We need to stop fighting each in America over political issues and join together and fight the real enemy

Which begs the question, who is the real enemy and how do we fight them? This guy was a naturally born American citizen. He didn't immigrate here. Much like the other mass shooters, he's a guy with a head full of ****** ideas who did a horrible thing. 

I suppose we could get rid of ISIS, but isn't invading the middle east what caused all of this to start with? Or maybe we can give what's left of our civil liberties over to the government. Though the NSA combing through our emails and phone calls didn't seem to stop this guy. 

I'm coming to the conclusion that if we are going to live in a free society, particularly one that likes to maintain empires in the middle east, this may just be the cost of doing business. 

11 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I just got up (work evening shift) so I don't have the facts yet but this kind of mass murder is almost unheard of from a single shooter no?

I know, it seems unbelievable one man can kill 50 with just an AR and a handgun. The people had to be tightly packed together on the dance floor, and each round went through multiple people.  

3 minutes ago, Drymyth said:

Apparently an arrest was made in LA of a man in a car with assault rife, explosive powder, security badge and camo. Said he was heading to the gay pride parade in West Hollywood.

Thank God.  So this is not a foiled attack being caught with that heading to a gay pride parade? 

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

I know, it seems unbelievable one man can kill 50 with just an AR and a handgun. The people had to be tightly packed together on the dance floor, and each round went through multiple people.  

Most nightclubs I have been in are poorly lit and have inadequate exits that aren't marked. Those people were basically trapped. 

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Most nightclubs I have been in are poorly lit and have inadequate exits that aren't marked. Those people were basically trapped. 

Same with the fire at the Great White concert several years ago.  People panic and rush the for exits and trap everyone inside.  A witness said the loud music initially disguised the noise of the shots. 

30 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Which begs the question, who is the real enemy and how do we fight them? This guy was a naturally born American citizen. He didn't immigrate here. Much like the other mass shooters, he's a guy with a head full of ****** ideas who did a horrible thing. 

I suppose we could get rid of ISIS, but isn't invading the middle east what caused all of this to start with? Or maybe we can give what's left of our civil liberties over to the government. Though the NSA combing through our emails and phone calls didn't seem to stop this guy. 

I'm coming to the conclusion that if we are going to live in a free society, particularly one that likes to maintain empires in the middle east, this may just be the cost of doing business. 

Our government knows that its "War on Terror" only increases terrorism. The WoT is just cover for achieving broader geopolitical hegemony.

11 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The only clubs I go to have poles and they always pat you down or have a metal detector.

I assume a large club in an urban area like this had security at the door. I wonder if this guy rushed past them or shot them or something?

39 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I believe I read that he shot a policeman outside of the club first? I could be completely wrong, but it sounds like he forced his way in. 

These stories just defy logic to me. One individual with a weapon walks into a crowed bar and begins shooting to the tune of 50 dead and 50 wounded and walks out. Does anyone else not read this and ask how he was allowed to do that for that long, and wonder WTF is wrong with people? I'm sorry all those people lost their lives but they should not have had to.

Edited by Sobeit
17 minutes ago, Sobeit said:

These stories just defy logic to me. One individual with a weapon walks into a crowed bar and begins shooting to the tune of 50 dead and 50 wounded and walks out. Does anyone else not read this and ask how he was allowed to do that for that long, and wonder WTF is wrong with people? I'm sorry all those people lost their lives but they should not have had to.

I thought he took hostages inside, then the police killed him? 

13 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I thought he took hostages inside, then the police killed him? 

So how did it go down. Did he go in and start shooting then when he left got in the fight with police and go back and take hostages? So what he held 100 people hostage while he shot them one at a time? WTF? I have questions.

Yeah. There was the initial shooting then he exited a club in which there was over 300 people in and then he went back in and took the remaining 200 plus hostage? Yeah I need to hear more details of this because it is amazing to me how he was not bum  rushed by 6 or 7 people. All it would have took is 2 people with situational awareness and this would have been over before it started.

Edited by Sobeit