Hageman reminds of a kid that has been bigger faster stronger than everyone he's come across his whole life in the sports he's played.I think what has happend with a kid like this and I see it often in our sport the higher they progress and the bigger faster stronger is equalised his natural advantage he has been living off subsides and stuff like being SMART WILL and putting in EXTRA'S come to the fore.

Hence why I believe Hageman has stalled now it's tough for these kids to recognise this as they have gotten away with there abilities for so long and when it comes to the grind these kids appear weak because of the mentioned.

Hageman has to reaccess and really needs a mentor a guy like Babs is perfect a guy that works hard at his craft not the fastest strongest or biggest but has cut a decade plus of experience in basically the same spot as Hageman.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll get doubled if he's effective. Otherwise he'll play helmet to helmet a lot with the RT. He'll get doubled in stunts and what I think is the hashing he took in the middle from double teams will be copied with guard stunts in the gaps. He's just not very good. If he catches a guy he can blow him up but who cares about one "wow" play per game? He's got to get off these blocks and that's just will you fight.

We keep hoping that the light will turn on for him but nothing worth learning can be taught. At some point, he's going to finally do it the way coaches say, it'll work better than he thought it would, and he will realize why they've been pushing him. Some players are harder to coach because they trust what they already know over what they need to know.

One thing that always bugs me is the fact that every time Hag's is mentioned, it's got to include Cox.

Is Cox like the dude's only mentor or the only guy that understands and knows how to deal with Hageman???

It begs the question:  Is Hags still a sensitive project that requires special handling from the coach who is most in tune to his neediness?  

I mean why is it that we never hear about hags from the other coaches like Quinn or Smith or whomever?

I absolutely love Hageman because I see a pro bowler who can have a Suh effect if he were to channel all that crap in his past into a focused, hard working, and motivated player.  

The flashes he shows are of such awesome magnitude that it just blows people's minds.  I pray that he comes around 100% this year and tears the league up!!  I just know he can do it man...

6 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I almost feel like coach Cox has been babysitting him the past two years. Hageman was the player I was most excited about when drafted. He's always been an unfocused monster. Hageman HAS to have a breakout year in 2016 in order to not to be considered a 2nd rd bust.

That's how I feel Sponge Diddy P. This is the year or Cox might be leaving with Hung...I mean Hageman.

Hard Knocks probably linked Cax and Hage. He was brought here to play a modified 3-4. He's a tough system fit. Unlike Jarret and Babs he lacks real quickness. Cox took him on and you've got to like that. 

It sounds like I don't like him but a guy who gets his face crossed consistently is just going to struggle. He can't seem to get his pads down and I'm honestly concerned he'll give up the edge because of no lateral movement. I don't think the other coaches talk about him because I think they focus on effort, improvement, intensity. Pretty positive group of coaches. What are they going to say, really? "We moved him to SS behind 4 strong players because he gets creamed on off tackle plays, can't pursue a spread run and is totally suckered by draws."

"Hey little buddy, great job being more alert during meetings.  Here's a check for more than many make in their lifetime."

Nauseating!  Can you imagine having to say something like that to cover for the likes of Von MIller, Watt, Brady, Julio?  What a puke.  If you're happy he's alert, cut his *** and see how alert he can be.  Tired of the "project"...

53 minutes ago, cnst said:

"Hey little buddy, great job being more alert during meetings.  Here's a check for more than many make in their lifetime."

Nauseating!  Can you imagine having to say something like that to cover for the likes of Von MIller, Watt, Brady, Julio?  What a puke.  If you're happy he's alert, cut his *** and see how alert he can be.  Tired of the "project"...

Under your reasoning we would have let Roddy go after his second season.

We would have let Brett Favre go too, oh wait, we did let Favre go. How'd that work out?

Yep, let's just cut all these guys, that'll teach'em! Let some other team deal with guys like  Brett Favre and Roddy!

7 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

One thing that always bugs me is the fact that every time Hag's is mentioned, it's got to include Cox.

Is Cox like the dude's only mentor or the only guy that understands and knows how to deal with Hageman???

It begs the question:  Is Hags still a sensitive project that requires special handling from the coach who is most in tune to his neediness?  

I mean why is it that we never hear about hags from the other coaches like Quinn or Smith or whomever?

I absolutely love Hageman because I see a pro bowler who can have a Suh effect if he were to channel all that crap in his past into a focused, hard working, and motivated player.  

The flashes he shows are of such awesome magnitude that it just blows people's minds.  I pray that he comes around 100% this year and tears the league up!!  I just know he can do it man...

Hash that's why I think he needs to be mentored by a vet a guy that has a quite word in his ear and pulls him to the side every now and then to keep him straight.

For me Cox likes to be the Alpha male in the room and likes to keep pointing out Hagemans short comings with jokes which could be taken by the mentioned as belittling him infront of a group.When really as above maybe he needs to pulled aside and talked to individually and dealt with by a guy in a similar position.

Some will ALWAYS be inching to come down on Hag. How many 1st or 2nd round draft picks around the league in the last 10 years didn't blow up in their 1st 2 years? Do your research but noooo we want to ride Hag's. Who knows what Nolan wanted him to do in his scheme? Last year he was to occupy blockers while the LB's make the tackles. I've never heard the FO say he was a bust. Maybe Cox is good to get up in you but maybe not the best DL Coach. I still think maybe he should be the LB Coach. Hag's is athletic, played basketball for one of the top traveling teams in the country. A true dunk machine. Barring injury he will flourish outside but sometimes some of you guys ride him so much with this boom or bust crap if we loose him there will be teams standing in line to get him, trust me! He and Tru are our best Pro Bowl prospects on our defense.

22 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Hageman is the perfect LE in our system, I was glad beyond words to hear we were letting him play there more often. He could be a beast, especially if he's putting in extra effort. Very excited to see Hageman this year.

Right! 

10 hours ago, jtwade said:

Only took him 3 years to become alert in meetings? That should raise enough red flags right there. And as someone stated before, how do you try and work your butt off?

But Wait!  You can't cut the next Brett Favre and you sure as **** can't form an opinion on a player this early!  A grown man being alert in his 3rd year is remarkable!