The American Justice System

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Last year, BuzzFeed exposed a narcotics unit’s use of University of Mississippi students as narcs—in what one former prosecutor called “a mill that functions exclusively through the recruitment of college student C.I.s to rat out other students.”

University of Alabama students faced similar pressures. Tuscaloosa cops with the West Alabama Narcotics Task Force have targeted undergrads mostly over low-level marijuana offenses in recent years, AL.com reported.

One student stool pigeon told AL.com he was 19 and “never even had a speeding ticket,” when officers handcuffed him to a dining room table and bullied him into C.I. work. “They were yelling at me and saying if I didn’t help them, they were going to screw me and my friends over. I had to get, like, four or five people for them,” he said.

The task force, which includes university police, discovered a quarter-ounce of pot and a few marijuana pipes after executing a search warrant at his residence. A friend and fellow pupil-turned-snitch sold him out, AL.com reported.

Student Drug Informant Found With a Bullet in His Head and Rocks in His Backpack

When police found Andrew Sadek selling $80 worth of pot, they pressured him into being a confidential informant and told him to go after ‘harder drugs.’ Then he turned up dead.

They tried to do that **** to a friend of mine in college after they got him with 2 grams of shrooms. The way my friend told it, he got them from his roommate who moved out soon after and they wanted him to go track the guy down and get pictures of himself buying from the guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Black men were more than six times as likely as white men to be incarcerated in federal and state prisons, and local jails in 2010, the last year complete data are available, according to a Pew Research Center analysis. That is an increase from 1960, when black men were five times as likely as whites to be incarcerated.

If you read that some country on the other side of the globe imprisoned an ethnic minority population at such a rate, what would you think?

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:46 AM, Billy Ocean said:

Black men are given prison sentences 20% longer than white men for the exact same crimes: 

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304463789858002

Yes, and people who commit no crimes, do no drugs, take school seriously, work, pay taxes, take care of their families, make every attempt to be a decent, respectful citizen and contribute to society, spend no time in prison or get shot by police, whether they be black or white. Is it not funny how that works?

Do not preach about prison sentences. How about preaching against the commitment of crime.

On 7/6/2016 at 10:36 AM, Serge said:

They tried to do that **** to a friend of mine in college after they got him with 2 grams of shrooms. The way my friend told it, he got them from his roommate who moved out soon after and they wanted him to go track the guy down and get pictures of himself buying from the guy. 

Yeah, that happened to me when I wore a hashish belt in Turkey... Or, I had to track down my friend who tried to smuggle the hashish belt, it was a long time ago.

8 minutes ago, Joremarid said:

No innocent people go to prison

-area51

I find believe most of your opinions on law and order would change were you or your family ever to be the victims of crime. Of course,  I am not for innocent people going to jail, but I have concerns for my family's safety. I am disturbed by how brazen criminals have become, and how many take lives with little thought. I see it in the news every morning. I do not want innocents in prison, but we cannot surrender to thugs and lowlifes that take lives, steal, and spread misery thoughout our society everyday.

I am a person of law and order, period. I will never apologize for wanting those who would do harm to me or my family, steal from me, invade my home, or just kill me for looking at them wrong, to be removed from society one way or another whether they be black, white, red, or yellow.

Ask blacks living in the urban areas how they feel about law and order or whether they want police around. They need the police more than anyone, and they know it. The white liberal establishment and all others that do not live under such conditions are oblivious to the daily **** that goes on. They, you, have no idea the criminal activity these people have to put up with. The worries they endure daily of being robbed or murdered everyday.

The fact is, aggressive policing tactics, I.E. (inquiring about what one is up to, searching for weapons, checking anyone who is behaving oddly) do work in lowering the crime rate and helping these people, but outsiders who have no stake in the community are trying to run off law enforcement protection from the very people who need it most.

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

Black men were more than six times as likely as white men to be incarcerated in federal and state prisons, and local jails in 2010, the last year complete data are available, according to a Pew Research Center analysis. That is an increase from 1960, when black men were five times as likely as whites to be incarcerated.

If you read that some country on the other side of the globe imprisoned an ethnic minority population at such a rate, what would you think?

Is that black men who commit crimes are more likely to be incarcerated than white men who commit crimes or is it just black men and white men?

3 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

this is one of the greatest things ever on ABF

You know when I posted that it was truly intended to be a good story. I have told this story over a dozen times to family, co- workers, blacks, whites, and an Indian, and all thought it a very inspirational story of fate or God or chance. It was not taken, as many here have evidently ignorantly take it, as a I finally talked to a black man story.

I grew up in DeKalb county in the Lithonia/ Stone Mountain areas. My high school had the Minority to Majority busing program. I grew up with black friends, played sports with, rode the bus with, showered with, went to parties with blacks. I lived next to many in my apartment complex where I grew up, so this was not a story about me  finally interacting with a black person.

The story was about fate or God or chance stepping in at certain times, about something out there bringing such an encounter at such a relevant time, and finally about being rational and deliberate in judgement at times it is hardest. The latter of which many here could learn.

On the living part. In 1991-94, I lived in Stone Mountain next to a Black woman with a young daughter, and she just could not stand me. I assume the last part, but Why would she dislike me? Because the walls were thin and I used to get really loud during Falcon games. She complained to me a few times. I would apologize and honestly try to keep it down, I was just too obnoxious at the time. She appeared to get used to it, and would say things like it must have been a good game last night. I barely heard you yell at all. She could have gone to management, and I would not have blamed her, but she did not. That is called tolerance.

23 minutes ago, AREA 51 said:

You know when I posted that it was truly intended to be a good story. I have told this story over a dozen times to family, co- workers, blacks, whites, and an Indian, and all thought it a very inspirational story of fate or God or chance. It was not taken, as many here have evidently ignorantly take it, as a I finally talked to a black man story.

I grew up in DeKalb county in the Lithonia/ Stone Mountain areas. My high school had the Minority to Majority busing program. I grew up with black friends, played sports with, rode the bus with, showered with, went to parties with blacks. I lived next to many in my apartment complex where I grew up, so this was not a story about me  finally interacting with a black person.

The story was about fate or God or chance stepping in at certain times, about something out there bringing such an encounter at such a relevant time, and finally about being rational and deliberate in judgement at times it is hardest. The latter of which many here could learn.

On the living part. In 1991-94, I lived in Stone Mountain next to a Black woman with a young daughter, and she just could not stand me. I assume the last part, but Why would she dislike me? Because the walls were thin and I used to get really loud during Falcon games. She complained to me a few times. I would apologize and honestly try to keep it down, I was just too obnoxious at the time. She appeared to get used to it, and would say things like it must have been a good game last night. I barely heard you yell at all. She could have gone to management, and I would not have blamed her, but she did not. That is called tolerance.

I smell a sequel!

You want more? I had a black principal in high school. We voted a black guy as our Mr. high school. Actually, it was the second consecutive one voted as such. We had a black police chief in my town. I never had a problem with any of these people or what color they were. I was close friends with the police chiefs son. We went to school together and played sports together.

I have more, but the point of all of this is simple. Though I am accused of being of a racist, I dare say I have had more interaction with black people in my life time then some of those here who sling their accusations.

I am not a racist. I was not then, and I am not now. What I have tired of is a lifetime of hearing about black problems. I have no problem with a person of color, black, red, or yellow. I have a problem with the culture that prevails in parts of the black community that I believe is self- destructive while at the same time blaming white people for all their problems.

I believe democrats are partly to blame because they designed a system to keep black people down so they can manipulate them for votes. I blame blacks for not realizing this. Many blacks have started to wake up and realize they, themselves, can do quite well without democrats paternal manipulation.

Laugh, insult if you want, but I try to have an open dialogue everyone talks about having, but as soon as any discussions turn from blaming white people for everything to discussing black's responsibilities, they always end.

As always, I try to stay respectful, even to those whose intellectual prowess is limited to name calling and insults. Where people try to diminish the message by denigrating the poster. It is why I do not post here much anymore. Not that I am missed much.<_<

• 2 weeks later...