Boykin Possibly Has a Degenerative Hip Condition

I know the Brandon Boykin uh, saga, has been at times, a tiresome one, but this is some actual useful information today.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are holding their Men’s Fantasy Football Camp today. Carnell Lake spent a lot of time with the group and apparently told the team the reason why Brandon Boykin has bounced around the league so much.

According to Craig Scott, Boykin has, in Lake’s words, a “degenerative hip condition” and one leg longer than the other. Here are the two tweets Scott sent out.

This would confirm the speculation from last month that Boykin was dealing with a hip problem, leading to his release by the Carolina Panthers and the decision of the Atlanta Falcons not to sign him.

The cornerback was listed on the Steelers’ injury report with knee and groin injuries but never a hip, though if it’s a chronic issue, it would make sense that Boykin wouldn’t be listed.

I reached out to Scott on Twitter. He told me that Lake prompted the discussion on Boykin on his own after talking about the players he’s coached in the past (Gay, Troy, etc).

“Ok been asked about this guy all the time. Now that he’s not [with] us I can talk about it a little more.” Scott tells me were Lake’s words.

Lake told the room he felt bad for Boykin but that he was happy he got his signing bonus in Carolina. Of course, that signing bonus was the minimum of $80K.

With Pittsburgh, he recorded 21 tackles and intercepted one pass. He still remains a free agent.

It may have taken almost an entire year but we have finally understood the reason why he struggled to see the field in Pittsburgh and why his free agent market has been as cold as it is.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

But hey, the Falcons made a mistake by not signing him. Told you people you need more details before making stupid assumptions. 

You know how it is around here. If they have a name, we better sign them or else TD sucks and this team will never be any better. Forget about injury information that we as fans don't have access to. Forget about the fact that Quinn wants unity and brotherhood in the locker room and maybe during the interview they didn't show a respect for that type of play (which again, we don't have access to). Forget about how much the player wants to make and if it's a good value or not (which we have no access to in a lot of cases). Forget about the fact that it's the free agent's decision on where they want to play when multiple teams make them offers (which one more time, we don't have access to). "I saw boykin play well 2 years ago and he was pretty good so if we don't sign him, TD must want the team to fail."

32 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

You know how it is around here. If they have a name, we better sign them or else TD sucks and this team will never be any better. Forget about injury information that we as fans don't have access to. Forget about the fact that Quinn wants unity and brotherhood in the locker room and maybe during the interview they didn't show a respect for that type of play (which again, we don't have access to). Forget about how much the player wants to make and if it's a good value or not (which we have no access to in a lot of cases). Forget about the fact that it's the free agent's decision on where they want to play when multiple teams make them offers (which one more time, we don't have access to). "I saw boykin play well 2 years ago and he was pretty good so if we don't sign him, TD must want the team to fail."

**** males zero sense. 2 years ago. Lol. What they fail to realize is that most nickel backs are 1 year wonders alot of the time

Glad this came out, our FO is looking smarter everyday. Had we signed him and he didn't pan out people would have been ready to crucify Quinn and TD. I was surprised when we didn't pick him up now it makes sense. Maybe we'll start trusting our FO now.

Edited by TheRisen999

1 hour ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Forget about the fact that nobody else lined up to sign him.

We should have signed him because it's much more fun to bash the FO after we overpay for a player with potential injury problems who then suffers a season-ending injury. The FO is always in a lose-lose situation with some. No matter what they do, they will be targets of the "bashaholics"

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Boykin with a degenerative hip vs. Jaylon Collins with a degenerative brain, still a tough choice.

Perhaps a transplant is in order. Which would be best: Collins with Boykin's brain or Boykin with Collin's hips?

8 hours ago, AndySG said:

Well, I take back my complaints in that case!

LOL! Does it work like that? Can you jump off a bridge into freezing cold rapids because the team didn't sign a player, find out afterward that there was a good reason, and follow up with a "whoops"?