Pass Rushers Do Grow On Trees Mr. Cox

Somewhere toward the end of this video Cox says "PASS RUSHERS DON'T GROW ON TREES"

Pass rushers do grow on trees bro. If your master roster builder is too short to reach the tree he won't pick one. Dimi's had plenty of chances to acquire pass rushers. Both in the draft and free agency. Here's a look at some of the players he drafted along with the pass rushers he passed on:

Lofton - Calais Campbell

Dougle - Cliff Avril

Jelly - Clay Matthews

WillyMo - Michael Johnson, Paul Kruger

Featherspoon - Jerry Hughes

My Johnson - Everson Griffen

Brawley - Geno Atkins

Schitlinger - Greg Hardy

Julio - Justin Houston, Muhammad Wilkerson, Cam Jordan, Jabaal Sheard, Pernell McPhee, Jurrell Casey, Malik Jackson, Whitney Mercilus

King Konz - Olivier Vernon

Tru - Kawan Short

Matthews - Aaron Donald

Haggleman - Kony Ealy

Allen - Aaron Lynch

Beasley - finally but Zadarius Smith, Danielle Hunter and Preston Smith all had more sacks last year

Neal - Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd, Noah Spence, Emmanuel Ogbah

That's just the draft. All we needed was one or two of em to go with Abe then Beasley. Here's a look at some of the free agents he passed on:

Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Robert Ayers, Dwight Freeney, Charles Johnson, Mario Williams, Julius Peppers, Greg Hardy, Olivier Vernon, Elvis Dumervil, Bruce Irvin, Connor Barwin, Jared Allen, Aldon Smith, Chris Clemons, Michael Johnson, Demarcus Ware, Jason Babin, Pernell McPhee, Brian Orakpo and many more. Instead he opted for Osi Umenyioura, Ray Edwards, Adrian Clayborn and Derrick Shelby..................State Line.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, insight said:

Maybe I missed it, where did he say that they had a couple of double digit sack guys on the team but they can't shine because of the dump off passes. 

Again, you're distorting what's being said about the dump offfs. But I see you left out he said we hit the qb a lot last season.  Just maybe if the coverage in the outlet made the qb hold the ball just a hair longer don't those hits become sacks?? You can't win this bro. And of course he's not gonna throw another position group or coach under the bus. Like I said put your money up. I say we have more the 19 sacks. Do you believe your bullsh*t enough to make that bet?? No sig bet. A money bet. 1k in cash. I believe in my SOUL that we'll be better in the sack department this year. So stop talking about it. Put up or shut up!! Simple. I wanna test your gut. DO YOU BELIEVE THE SH*T YOU SAY?? Or is it just talk for debate sake? 

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Again, you're distorting what's being said about the dump offfs. But I see you left out he said we hit the qb a lot last season.  Just maybe if the coverage in the outlet made the qb hold the ball just a hair longer don't those hits become sacks?? You can't win this bro. And of course he's not gonna throw another position group or coach under the bus. Like I said put your money up. I say we have more the 19 sacks. Do you believe your bullsh*t enough to make that bet?? No sig bet. A money bet. 1k in cash. I believe in my SOUL that we'll be better in the sack department this year. So stop talking about it. Put up or shut up!! Simple. I wanna test your gut. DO YOU BELIEVE THE SH*T YOU SAY?? Or is it just talk for debate sake? 

J.J Watt had 17 sacks by himself last season. Let's bet on a average number like 35, I have no problems taking your money if you insist. I expect to see some improvement but I still see a below average pass rush based on our personnel.  All of the playoff contenders can get heat on the QB so I expect another meaningless season. 

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

1 minute ago, insight said:

J.J Watt had 17 sacks by himself last season. Let's bet on a average number like 35, I have no problems taking your money if you insist. I expect to see some improvement but I still see a below average pass rush based on our personnel.  All of the playoff contenders can get heat on the QB so I expect another meaningless season. 

lol

19 minutes ago, insight said:

Nah we keeping it simple. You keep bringing up the 19 sacks so I say we'll have more than 19 sacks which is an improvement . The number is 19. If the personnel is as bad as you say then we should see around the same numbers or less. The number is 19. Take it or leave it if you think the personnel sucks!!!  Stand up on your words!! 

Its all in fun bro. I p*ss a thousand dollars. Nothing personal. I just wanna make it interesting since you have no faith in Quinn and the personnel. Sounds like you're scared Beasley may hey close to 19 by himself if he gets to double digit sacks with say 12-15. But that doesn't matter right? You don't personnel. Easy stack for you. 

6 minutes ago, insight said:

JJ Watt isn't on the Falcons.

"Michael Strahan had 22.5 sacks one time, so of course the 2016 Falcons will get more than 19."

13 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Nah we keeping it simple. You keep bringing up the 19 sacks so I say we'll have more than 19 sacks which is an improvement . The number is 19. If the personnel is as bad as you say then we should see around the same numbers or less. The number is 19. Take it or leave it if you think the personnel sucks!!!  Stand up on your words!! 

Its all in fun bro. I p*ss a thousand dollars. Nothing personal. I just wanna make it interesting since you have no faith in Quinn and the personnel. 

The coach you loved to blame Mike Smith defenses averaged 29 sacks per season. Your telling me you don't have faith that Dan Quinn's team will can't produce  6 more sacks over Mike Smith's average.  

It's all good and all in fun. Taking a bet for 35 sacks or more would be p*ssing you money away. 

1 minute ago, insight said:

The coach you loved to blame Mike Smith defenses averaged 29 sacks per season. Your telling me you don't have faith that Dan Quinn's team will can't produce  6 more sacks over Mike Smith's average.  

It's all good and all in fun. Taking a bet for 35 sacks or more would be p*ssing you money away. 

Lol, won't do it huh?

17 minutes ago, insight said:

So you pass? Lol. I don't talk about the past. I'm talking about NOW!! Do you or don't you think the team will be better getting sacks this year YES OR NO?? The number to beat is 19. Put up or shut tha f*ck up!!!  I propsed the bet. My rules. Either you except or you don't!!! The bet is based of YOUR words. 

19 is the number. You said personnel sucks so why would we be better? Sounds like an easy bet for you if you're a man of principles and beliefs and not just talk. Are we faded?? 

And for the record the only problem I had with Mike Smith is how he changed the philosophy of the team causing him to try and fit square pegs into round holes. I liked Mike Smith so get that out ya mind that I didn't. 

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Lol, won't do it huh?

Just like i said. He's talk. He's just here for the sake of debate and doesn't truly believe or even like the team if you ask me. Swift would've taken that bet in a heartbeat if he truly believed something. Long story short all his talk is empty rhetoric at the end of the day cause I can't tell if he believes his own bullsh*t. I actually think it's an easy bet for him.