Top 5 Falcons on the team RIGHT NOW.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Julio (unbelievable talent)

2. Matt Ryan (have to appreciate Matt Ryans career and current play. We have the league mvp here)

3. Alex Mack (what a differencemaker)

4. Trufant  (can eliminate the best receivers)

5. Freeman (violent, elusive style. Most entertaining RB imo)

On the verge: J. Matthews

Some of the lists I'm seeing are absolutely ridiculous. How can the MVP of the league, Matt Ryan, not be top 5 on his own team?

#1 Matt Ryan. He's not just the most important. He is the best player on the team regardless of position. 

#2 Julio

#3 Freeman

#4 Mack 

#5 Beastley 

Edit: old thread is old. Oops. 

Edited by Captain Falcon

So let me get this straight.  We all can agree that Alex Mack is one of the top 5 Centers in the NFL.  Matt Ryan is in the top 5 QB's in the game now.  How could anyone possible think that a top 5 center is more important than a top 5 QB? Blows me away...I'm really glad that folks who think like that aren't our GM.  NOBODY that knows anything would think a top 5 center is more important/better, however you want to say it, than Matt Ryan. 

1.  Matt Ryan:  He is now elite and he shows up every game.  Not a knock on Julio, just stating the facts.

2.  Julio Jones:  The best WR in the league.  His foot issues drops him from number one. 

3.  Devontae Freeman:  He is the ideal RB for this offense.  He is the water bug we need.

4.  Alex Mack:  His addition made all the difference.  His injury was a factor in the loss.

5.  Desmond Trufant:  Great coverage, but not enough interceptions to vault him higher.  

1. Julio - Best WR in the game. Consensus pick, I agree, enough said.  

2. Matt Ryan - One of the best qbs in the game right now. By virtue of the position AND given how good he is, he's our 2nd best player. He makes that offense work with or without Julio.  General of the offense and MVP of the Falcons. Clearly. NO DEBATING!

3. Trufant - More debatable as I don't know what he's capable of coming off injury. But before injury he was top 10 DBs in the NFL. 

4. Freeman - Teco makes him replaceable but check the tapes, dudes a baller. Not only our best RB but might be the best running back in our division. 

5. Matthews - I wasn't very impressed with Matthews in the SB. He's had some bad games and has shown that he can be (and has been) beat. I thought about putting Vic, Neal, or Deon up here. But they've only had 1 good season. I wanna see more consistency before I place them above a vet like Matthews.  

3 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

1. Julio - Best WR in the game. Consensus pick, I agree, enough said.  

2. Matt Ryan - One of the best qbs in the game right now. By virtue of the position AND given how good he is, he's our 2nd best player. He makes that offense work with or without Julio.  General of the offense and MVP of the Falcons. Clearly. NO DEBATING!

3. Trufant - More debatable as I don't know what he's capable of coming off injury. But before injury he was top 10 DBs in the NFL. 

4. Freeman - Teco makes him replaceable but check the tapes, dudes a baller. Not only our best RB but might be the best running back in our division. 

5. Matthews - I wasn't very impressed with Matthews in the SB. He's had some bad games and has shown that he can be (and has been) beat. I thought about putting Vic, Neal, or Deon up here. But they've only had 1 good season. I wanna see more consistency before I place them above a vet like Matthews.  

I would think based on your descriptions Ryan should be one and Julio two. :)

11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I would think based on your descriptions Ryan should be one and Julio two. :)

I took the question as the best players at their position AND the most valuable to the team as "TOP" 5 Falcons. 

Ryan is great at his position. Given the nature of the QB position and how good Ryan is, he's the MVP of the Falcons. BUT Julio is the best at his position.

Offense:

1. Julio

2. Matt

3. Mack

4. Devonta

5. TeCo

Defense:

1. Tru

2. Beasley

3. Debo

4. Jarrett

5. Neal

Alford a very close 6.

I wanted to add Poe but there was just absolutely no way that I could figure out how to squeeze him in. I was running out of space as it is.

Man I love this team!