drummerboi12

Top 5 Falcons on the team RIGHT NOW.

75 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Power I said:

I almost ranked them like this, but I tried to stay true to "best at his position" when viewed against his peers. I almost put Bosher 5 and probably should have. 

Josh Harris actually would have been a good pick, wish I had thought of it. One of if not the very best long snapper in the NFL. He's snapping the ball perfectly and then running down to make the tackle too. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It looks like the consensus picks are Julio, Ryan, Tru, Mack, Matthews and Free. Anything jump out at ya? Yep, all but one of em are on the offensive side of the ball. No wonder we're 31st in defensive cap spend and have had one of the worst defenses in the league over the last eight years. Troffed. 

Keep trolling every single thread with the same "Troffed" nonsense and your overdue ban will be in effect before week 1. You can post your opinion without the same thinly veiled baiting ad nauseum. 

17 hours ago, Power I said:

I almost ranked them like this, but I tried to stay true to "best at his position" when viewed against his peers. I almost put Bosher 5 and probably should have. 

I did mine based on value to position but at some point the position becomes too devalued to my. Love Bosher but a Top 3 punter is more a luxury and doesn't mean all that much to a team. If you add Bosher, then you gotta add DiMarco who was the 1st or 2nd best FB in the league last year. 

From my list, Jake was #6 so you could replace Matt with him, but Matt is just so valuable and higher on my QB list than others. Jake could easily be #2 behind Julio by he end of the year.

1. Julio Jones 2. Matt Ryan 3. Devonta Freeman 4. Vic Beasley 5. Tevin Coleman

Matt Ryan took it to another level in 2016.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This thread was created in June of last year

Oooopsie. Thanks JD, I got 'troffed!

Edited by Vandy
JD dirtybird21 likes this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No love for Beasley, who led NFL in sacks?

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This thread was created in June of last year

I thought it would be fun to look back. Beasley and Coleman found their A game this year.

Just now, JulioJones#1 said:

I thought it would be fun to look back. Beasley and Coleman found their A game this year.

No, you tricked me you rascal!

JD dirtybird21 likes this

It be interesting to get opinions on which team has the most talented top 5 squad. 

Seattle would be my choice 

lmao I'm reading the first few posts like

"well after the super bowl game I wouldnt put free above matt"

"what the **** matthews?"

then i saw the date

On 6/4/2016 at 11:48 AM, Colin_Pernett said:

1. Julio

2. Tru

3. Davonta

4. Schraeder

5. Matthews

Matt Ryan just misses the cut

okay I changed my answer

1. Julio

2. Matt Ryan

3. Mack

4. Tru

5. Schraeder

Last year it was hard to make the top 5 list because it wa shard to say who deserved it. Now it's hard to decide who to keep out

FalconBlood likes this

On June 4, 2016 at 0:59 PM, FalconBlood said:

1) Julio

2) Trufant

3) Ryan

4) Mack

5a) Freeman

5b) DiMarco

I guess I still don't have to amend...

1) Julio

2) Trufant

3) Ryan

4) Mack

5) Freeman 

is still a good list. Beasley/Neal/Jarrett/Coleman/DJones/Alford or yet to be acquired players all may make the list before next season is done, which is exciting.

On 6/3/2016 at 8:44 PM, Shuswap said:

Mathews needs to be on the list forsure 

Heck no he doesn't.  I have no idea why folks are so eager to put Jake in the conversation of best LT. He's not there. He shows flashes, but is not consistently one of the best. 

1. Matt Ryan - Not even close.  I believe he will solidify himself as the best QB in football this coming year.

2. Julio Jones - Makes everybody better by taking attention away from others.

3.  Devonte Freeman - I am amazed at the work this kid does.  Pound for Pound tough as anybody.  Shifty and quick.  Love this guy!

4.  Alex Mack - No way we do nearly as good without him.  Best Free Agent pick-up last year.   He's tough and we are lucky to have him.  (What was Cleveland thinking?)

5.  Keanu Neal - I think this guy is the real deal, and he will set the tone for our defense for years to come.

alphaville likes this

40 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Heck no he doesn't.  I have no idea why folks are so eager to put Jake in the conversation of best LT. He's not there. He shows flashes, but is not consistently one of the best. 

I agree.  He's pretty good, but he's not great.